Instructor Renewal

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Instructor Renewal

Post by twomillenium »

mloamiller wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:46 am After you shoot the proficiency, does it matter who submits the LTC-100? Can I do it for myself, after the other instructor signs it, or does he have to submit it?
The instructor has never been required to submit the LTC-100, that is the responsibility of the student. However, the instructor still needs to submit a LTC-8. Make sure the instructor circle is checked where it says Instructor renewal in the proficiency section.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

mloamiller
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mloamiller »

Good point. I forgot about the other form.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Topic author
switch

Post by switch »

The instructor submits a LTC 8, roster, showing all students (fellow instructors) in the class (showing proficiency).
he can submit the LTC100 for you but it will be in your name, using your email address. I don't remember all the personal information he will need, except your d/l number.
Probably easier for you to submit it.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Scott B. »

The instructor witness has to sign it, but it's up to you to upload your supporting documents along with the LTC-90.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

According to DPS website, the renewal training materials will be available online starting 9/4/2019 and we would get an email with further instructions. Has anyone received this email yet?

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

montgomery wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 am According to DPS website, the renewal training materials will be available online starting 9/4/2019 and we would get an email with further instructions. Has anyone received this email yet?
Nope, I called and was told I needed to be patient for them to meet their own stated deadline. (not their words exactly, but I was told I needed to be patient)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

twomillenium wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 am
montgomery wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 am According to DPS website, the renewal training materials will be available online starting 9/4/2019 and we would get an email with further instructions. Has anyone received this email yet?
Nope, I called and was told I needed to be patient for them to meet their own stated deadline. (not their words exactly, but I was told I needed to be patient)
:txflag: Thank you!! :cheers2:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Scott B. »

Don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of classes booked over the next month plus. Be nice to have the latest and greatest from RSD. I can parse the big pieces for myself, but hearing from RSD sooner than later would be nice.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Scott B. wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 am Don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of classes booked over the next month plus. Be nice to have the latest and greatest from RSD. I can parse the big pieces for myself, but hearing from RSD sooner than later would be nice.
If you keep up with the changes that went through this term of the legislature you probably know as much or more than they do. Kind of like the classes we had to take in Austin two years ago, the LTC instructors were more versed on the laws than the folks giving the classes. It was more like the students teaching the teachers.

deertrax
Posts in topic: 4

Post by deertrax »

Received the email from RSD this morning regarding access to the 'online' Instructor Renewal Course.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

deertrax wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:30 pm Received the email from RSD this morning regarding access to the 'online' Instructor Renewal Course.
I haven't yet. I hope it comes soon.

Chas.

deertrax
Posts in topic: 4

Post by deertrax »

For those wondering, once you access/download the updated material and exam, you print out the exam, circle answers, scan to file, then email or upload to RSD. Basically it is an untimed open-book exam. 20 questions. Passing score of 80% or above.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

hole_shot58
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hole_shot58 »

I got an answer from DPS on Monday 9/16 that the password required to access the posted renewal materials would be sent in an email on Friday 9/20. So they met the deadline for posting materials even though the intended audience are unable to access same. Huh.

Topic author
switch

Post by switch »

Go to TDPS index
under: News & Updates
Licensing & Registration
Instructor Resource
2019 Instructor Renewal Training Material/Exam (4th from the top)

https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/docum ... ewExam.pdf

Password Protected. I don't know what would happen if another instructor gave you the password and you submitted your exam BEFORE you got the email from DPS with the password.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

hole_shot58 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 am
I got an answer from DPS on Monday 9/16 that the password required to access the posted renewal materials would be sent in an email on Friday 9/20. So they met the deadline for posting materials even though the intended audience are unable to access same. Huh.
Thank you for keeping us informed. Waiting for the email has been very much like this guy waiting for the phone call in Deal of the Century:

Return to “Instructors' Corner”