TopGun: Maverick 2020 trailer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TopGun: Maverick 2020 trailer

Post by philip964 »

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TopGun: Maverick 2020 trailer

Post by Grayling813 »

ho-hum...once again instead of an original idea Hollyweird trots out yet another remake.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Great! A whole new generation of sailors that will be in the theaters going, "That's bat guano!"

I was an aviation electronics tech in an F-14 squadron when they made this movie. We were on WestPac at the time and they used our hanger spaces because we shared the hanger with TopGun. I saw TC, almost sat on one of the Ninja's he used, but opted not to since I saw they were being held together with a lot of safety wire. I didn't want to break anything. Besides, my GS1100E was faster. It was parked only 20-30 feet away and that's the only reason they were going to let me sit on it at all. Didn't see KM, but who cares. I would've liked to see Goose, but he wasn't there that day. They were only filming one or two scenes that had to be redone or whatever. I did meet and spoke with Tom Skerritt. I had no idea who he was at the time. We met in a chili cookout line being held by TopGun and I thought he was The skipper for TopGun playing himself. I had never actually seen him and TS was in khaki's. I didn't realize it until sometime in 87' or 88' after getting out and seeing him in another movie. Doh!

I'll see this new one when it hits bluray or maybe television. Probably not in the theater, but who knows.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

It does look like yet another hollyweird no-creativity redo. But, what the heck, call me shallow; I liked the original.....;)

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

LDP wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:00 pm The first movie was riddled with hundreds of inaccuracies, continuity errors, heck even blatant mistakes and screw-ups. Some of them done on purpose by Hollywood to make the movie "cooler" for the ignorant part of the audience (the majority).
I do not expect the new movie to be any different.
And the trailer did not disappoint with a giant flaw in the carrier take-off.
It's gonna be another famous and popular aviation flop! :mrgreen:
Yeah. Advancing the throttle from full throttle to trigger the cat...
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

ajwakeboarder wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm
LDP wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:00 pm The first movie was riddled with hundreds of inaccuracies, continuity errors, heck even blatant mistakes and screw-ups. Some of them done on purpose by Hollywood to make the movie "cooler" for the ignorant part of the audience (the majority).
I do not expect the new movie to be any different.
And the trailer did not disappoint with a giant flaw in the carrier take-off.
It's gonna be another famous and popular aviation flop! :mrgreen:
Yeah. Advancing the throttle from full throttle to trigger the cat...
That and saluting to starboard from Cat-1.
:eek6
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am pretty sure it was not meant to be a documentary on the Navy. It is common for all movies to be chalked full of inaccuracies.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

LDP wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 pm You guys are good. One more blatant mistake in that launch. C'mon, you got this! :mrgreen:
The only thing I can see are his hands should not be on the controls. They are supposed to holding the handles near the windscreen until after launch.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

None of the Navy vets pointed out the officer telling TC that he should be a 2-star admiral by now? I figured he would refer to it as RADM.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Didn't care for the 1st one...this remake is just tired and worn out and that's just looking at tom cruise.
Don't care for tom cruise
Don't care for tom cruise.....well, that's 3 strikes.
What's for dinner?
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

F14 still?
Where are F35s when you need some
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topgun Maverick Trailer done in Legos.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Movie might be decent. Hollywood can't seem to do much of anything these days... so the bar is real real low.

Love the LEGO trailer!!! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”