What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Universal background check

Post by Beiruty »

H.R. 8:

You all Democrats, you side with illegal criminals more than US Citizens. You try to make US law abiding gun-owners criminals by acts they do which fall under their constitutional right, the 2ndA personal right. It is a personal right.

I dare you to control the transfer of sex toys as they are public hazards.

In any case, you figure you can enforce it?
I kid you not, no comply!

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Gator Guy

Re: Universal background check

Post by Gator Guy »

I support a universal background check before somebody can register to vote, and each time their voter registration is renewed.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

You raise a great point: ensure that the barriers to the excercise of all rights are the same.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Gator Guy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:21 am I support a universal background check before somebody can register to vote, and each time their voter registration is renewed.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The absolutely stupidest thing of all is that there is no background check required before holding public office.

Politicians do far more damage and kill more people than firearms ever could.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I support a Government review of all news and press releases, they should be held for 7 days before being reported or published, this will allow a background to be run on the story to verify it's veracity!

Let's just infringe on all Constitutional rights!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 am H.R. 8:

You all Democrats, you side with illegal criminals more than US Citizens. You try to make US law abiding gun-owners criminals by acts they do which fall under their constitutional right, the 2ndA personal right. It is a personal right.

When I read the line "I dare you to control the transfer of sex toys as they are public hazards" started laughing. You have a great point though.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

rotor

Post by rotor »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 am H.R. 8:

You do realize that sex toys previously were illegal in Texas. Not sure but they may still be illegal.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

rotor wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:30 pmYou do realize that sex toys previously were illegal in Texas. Not sure but they may still be illegal.
Technically, they are not illegal for individuals to own, just illegal to promote. But possession of six of them is proof of possession with intent to promote. Penal Code section 43.23, Obscenity.
Steve Rothstein

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 am In any case, you figure you can enforce it?
The same applies to the National Firearms Act.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “Federal”