CAIR calls for removal of all Confederate symbols

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

CAIR calls for removal of all Confederate symbols

Post by philip964 »

http://fox17.com/news/local/council-on- ... te-symbols

I am familiar with the Old Testament view towards slavery.

Anyone know the Koran’s view on slavery?

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Re: CAIR calls for removal of all Confederate symbols

Post by Oldgringo »

I think we Americans should call for the removal of all Islamists!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am http://fox17.com/news/local/council-on- ... te-symbols

Ok I looked it up.

There are titles like: Slavery in 21 st century Islam - Boko harum for example allows slaves. Islamic slave trade in the 17th and 18th century.

But my favorite was Britain pressures Saudi Arabia to ban slavery in 1962.

Wow calling the kettle black!!

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

That does seem rather odd. The best estimates of African slavery put the American South at a great distance behind South America and the Caribbean, but even those destinations pale in comparison to the mass export of enslaved Africans East to the Islamic world. Even that appears to be tiny compared with the unknowable number of Africans enslaved within Africa itself by tribal wars and rivalries which are still alive today.

The conception of racism as "black vs white" ignores the vast scope of racism and focuses upon a portion of African slavery that amounts to rounding error. Some of the most vicious and unrepentant racism that exists today occurs between groups that would in America be seen as indistinguishable.

This action is fairly easy to write off as polotical point scoring by an organization playing upon the general Western ignorance of the prevalence of slavery in the Islamic world.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Their aim is to enslave, one way or another, all non muslims.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Disgusting! Trying to erase and/or rewrite history to fit their own agenda. Disgusting!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I want to removal any and all references to the Islam, Koran, etc.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am http://fox17.com/news/local/council-on- ... te-symbols

Some Muslims in other parts of the world may be OK with it and still do it today in those parts of the world; but I think that most 1st World Muslims would not be OK with it, and would generally think of traditional Muslim concepts like the Dhimmi as being incompatible with modern societies. In fact, I would argue that this is the reason why the most militant and terroristic Islamist factions are almost universally trying to bring their societies back to the dark ages. They know that their version of Islam cannot exist in a modern free society, where people have a classically liberal education and free access to information. I would also argue that this is why our own illiberal left seeks to de-platform and bully the opposition into fearful silence. It’s because they know that their ideology cannot compete in the free market of ideas. So they shut the market down and try to eliminate the people's exposure to freedom of thought. And that is the danger when ANY predominantly Muslim society (or ANY other religion, for that matter) tries to convert its gov’t from a secular one, to a theocratic one—even if that secular gov’t, like our own, was founded on certain Judeo-Christian ideas of justice and rights while remaining secular in basic nature. A hard leftist gov’t has all the same hallmarks as an illiberal theocratic one. In other words, leftism is a fundamentalist religion, insulated from and immune to reason.

Anytime a society does that, it devolves to thinking of its members and the fruits of their labor as property of the state....de facto slavery. The jump from that to believing that one can own and traffic in other human beings is a small one.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I give not one whit to what that group says.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Some Muslims in other parts of the world may be OK with it and still do it today in those parts of the world; but I think that most 1st World Muslims would not be OK with it, and would generally think of traditional Muslim concepts like the Dhimmi as being incompatible with modern societies. In fact, I would argue that this is the reason why the most militant and terroristic Islamist factions are almost universally trying to bring their societies back to the dark ages. They know that their version of Islam cannot exist in a modern free society, where people have a classically liberal education and free access to information. I would also argue that this is why our own illiberal left seeks to de-platform and bully the opposition into fearful silence. It’s because they know that their ideology cannot compete in the free market of ideas. So they shut the market down and try to eliminate the people's exposure to freedom of thought. And that is the danger when ANY predominantly Muslim society (or ANY other religion, for that matter) tries to convert its gov’t from a secular one, to a theocratic one—even if that secular gov’t, like our own, was founded on certain Judeo-Christian ideas of justice and rights while remaining secular in basic nature. A hard leftist gov’t has all the same hallmarks as an illiberal theocratic one. In other words, leftism is a fundamentalist religion, insulated from and immune to reason.

Anytime a society does that, it devolves to thinking of its members and the fruits of their labor as property of the state....de facto slavery. The jump from that to believing that one can own and traffic in other human beings is a small one.
I think I agree with TAM; however, in 25 words or less, TAM is saying....?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Schleprock wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm

I think I agree with TAM; however, in 25 words or less, TAM is saying....?

I’ll make a feeble attempt at an oversimplification with all apologies to the ever eloquent TAM... :tiphat:

Groups, whether religious or political, that crave power seize the narrative by masking their true intentions and condemning those they seek to control.
Thank you! I kinda' thought that was what Tam was implying. I've noticed that many Texas liquor stores have Drive-Up windows, is that because certain customers are afraid of being seen in a liquor store?

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Alinsky, Islam And Radical Rules
https://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_d ... s8fNq-ERLU
Much has been said about Saul Alinsky, but no one noticed the similarities between his ‘”rules for radicals” and Islamic values and law (Sharia). Alinsky’s rules were written to Western radicals and that is why his rules, which encourage revolution and deception, never went as far as the radicalism in Islamic law. The two ideologies, however, are ‘kindred spirits’ with similar tactics and goals regarding how society should interact, structured and divided, especially in regards to the topic of attaining power and wealth creation.

Return to “Off-Topic”