New Boating Law

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

New Boating Law

Post by howdy »

Really off topic but I just read starting September 1st, if your boat is <26' and has a kill switch , you MUST have that lanyard attached to your body and the switch must work. $200 fine. I am sure the Constables on Lake Conroe will be watching.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Boating Law

Post by flechero »

I recon that TPWD could double the entire budget based only on ski boats in lake Travis with this one!

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Another ticket the man can write while doing an unconstitutional stop to check for papers just because you are in a boat.

Does the law say only under power? If not that will make fishing hard.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

jason812 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 am Another ticket the man can write while doing an unconstitutional stop to check for papers just because you are in a boat.

Does the law say only under power? If not that will make fishing hard.
Depending on how it is written could make transporting the boat difficult as well.
NRA Benefactor Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The first thing I thought when I read this thread was they made it Illegal to lose your firearms in a boating accident
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
howdy

Post by howdy »

b) A motorboat operator may not operate a motorboat less
than 26 feet in length and equipped by the manufacturer with an
engine cutoff switch while the motorboat is under way and moving at
greater than headway speed without first verifying that the switch
is operational and fully functional and properly attaching the
lanyard or wireless attachment, as appropriate for the specific
motorboat, to the operator's body or to the clothing or personal
flotation device being worn by the operator.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

snapcap45

Post by snapcap45 »

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 am The first thing I thought when I read this thread was they made it Illegal to lose your firearms in a boating accident
Kind of the same here, I thought they were going to limit the number of firearms one could claim lost while boating. They’ve been reading the forums about these “accidents”. :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Hopefully there’s no clause making it a problem to lose your guns in a lake.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
That was. Boat humor is great.

Mrs. Anygun will not ride with me in a boat. She doesn't think that air belongs between the water and hull. :smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Mrs. Anygun will not ride with me in a boat. She doesn't think that air belongs between the water and hull. :smilelol5:
She’s smarter than you are! "rlol" Boats belong solidly on the water, same as there’s no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:00 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

She’s smarter than you are! "rlol" Boats belong solidly on the water, same as there’s no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Yeah well I was 19, home on leave, in my dads boat, my hottie in the boat with me. You know how testosterone is.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

snapcap45 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am We're gonna need a bigger boat!
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Off-Topic”