Getting cylinder cut for moon clips

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Getting cylinder cut for moon clips

Post by SQLGeek »

I think the green ticks are an Excel artifact. The chosen clip per ammo seems to be bolded and not struck through.
Psalm 91:2

74novaman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 74novaman »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 pm I saw that graphic last night. I take it the boxes with green ticks in the upper left hand corner indicate which clip is optimal for which ammo?
I honestly don't know. I don't think so because they said 2.5-3.5 is best fitment but some of the ones in that range aren't ticked.

I think my 627 and your gun use the same moon clips. If you'd like I can dig up what ammo/moonclip combos I've used with success to give you a guide to start from.
TANSTAAFL

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

74novaman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:36 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 pm I saw that graphic last night. I take it the boxes with green ticks in the upper left hand corner indicate which clip is optimal for which ammo?
I honestly don't know. I don't think so because they said 2.5-3.5 is best fitment but some of the ones in that range aren't ticked.

I think my 627 and your gun use the same moon clips. If you'd like I can dig up what ammo/moonclip combos I've used with success to give you a guide to start from.
I got the loader you recommended. I haven’t tried it yet, but it seems like it will work. If you think of it, I would appreciate the information. :thumbs2:

Thanks!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”