Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

seph
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by seph »

Aggie_engr wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 pm Correct me if I’m wrong, but posting no open carry (30.07) in Texas only precludes licensed individuals from carry handguns and not long rifles? How would this prevent the El Paso incident or the Missouri guy from openly carrying a rifle? I’m assuming these events are the drivers behind releasing such a policy.
Remind me again on how any sign or policy would have prevented the El Paso incident?
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Aggie_engr »

I’m just assuming this is one of the drivers for their policy change, unless you have facts to share that haven’t been posted yet.

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

Won't affect me, I buy my ammo online in bulk. I won't open carry because I want the element of surprise.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

2 friends just left a Walmart and expressed opinions to them. Walmart says "Just cover it up" Both friends, one an ex LEO, open carry and said nope. I said I may go in the bathroom and drape a paper towel over it so it's not obvious LOL (It'd stand out even more, make it more noticable). One is headed to another store, done giving Walmart his money.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Meh....Hate going to Wal-Mart anyway. Only gun related stuff I have bought from them in years has been a case of cheap shotgun shells each August, bulk .22 (WHEN THEY HAVE IT), and Hoppes #9 (cheapest price by far). The closest one to me has had ALL ammo locked in a cabinet behind the gun counter (which was rarely manned) for years and you could not see what they had and how much it was. Only other thing they used to carry a Perfecta brand of .308 made to US milspec in Turkey. Was about $9 for 20 so great practice ammo, but they stopped carrying that a few years ago.

I reload most all of my practice ammo and what I don't reload I buy in bulk on-line or at Academy. Carry ammo from GT Distributers. Only reason I would go to Walmart now is Hoppes and I think now I will pay a little more and get it at Academy.

About a gazillion years ago (1974), I bought a .380 Astra Constable pistol at the Walmart in Blytheville, AR. Still have that pistol and it still is a sweet shooter.

Let the morbidly obese who like to shop in their pajamas have Walmart, I can do without them and Walmart
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

narcissist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by narcissist »

Two days ago I was actruly open carrying at walmart and I was wondering why the had a lady in a orange vest following me around the store constantly asking "can I help you" in a rude voice. Even as I left my wife had told me she heard the lady on the radio telling them "he is finally leaving the store". If there's no Sign then it's still legal right? Until given verbal notice? Just have someone with a camera just in case.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Adding WalMart to my Sprouts and Dicks BAN. I used to spend about $1500 a month between Sams, WalMart and their little Market. Until now. Target and HEB are the new winners of my Lotto along with Academy and my neighborhood gun shop.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

narcissist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by narcissist »

AndyC wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:46 pmWell... bye.
Definitely agree with you, im sure if every Ltc holder's didn't shop there anymore it would effect their buisness somewhat. Plus it will be even worse with crime, let Wally World crumble!!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm Meh....Hate going to Wal-Mart anyway. Only gun related stuff I have bought from them in years has been a case of cheap shotgun shells each August, bulk .22 (WHEN THEY HAVE IT), and Hoppes #9 (cheapest price by far). The closest one to me has had ALL ammo locked in a cabinet behind the gun counter (which was rarely manned) for years and you could not see what they had and how much it was. Only other thing they used to carry a Perfecta brand of .308 made to US milspec in Turkey. Was about $9 for 20 so great practice ammo, but they stopped carrying that a few years ago.

I reload most all of my practice ammo and what I don't reload I buy in bulk on-line or at Academy. Carry ammo from GT Distributers. Only reason I would go to Walmart now is Hoppes and I think now I will pay a little more and get it at Academy.

About a gazillion years ago (1974), I bought a .380 Astra Constable pistol at the Walmart in Blytheville, AR. Still have that pistol and it still is a sweet shooter.

Let the morbidly obese who like to shop in their pajamas have Walmart, I can do without them and Walmart
Hey, I am obese and shop at Walmart in my pajamas. Not all of us are alike ! Lol

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Aggie_engr wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 pm Correct me if I’m wrong, but posting no open carry (30.07) in Texas only precludes licensed individuals from carry handguns and not long rifles? How would this prevent the El Paso incident or the Missouri guy from openly carrying a rifle? I’m assuming these events are the drivers behind releasing such a policy.
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission rules require establishments selling alcohol for "off premises" consumption display a sign stating that unlicensed carrying of a weapon is a felony. Since Texas does not license the carrying of long guns, rifles are prohibited. Obviously, the carrying of rifles is not "prevented" since criminals do not heed signs.
https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publicatio ... eapons.pdf
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

When HEB posted 30.07, I started shopping at the Walmart about 1/2 mile away. Now that both will post 30.07, I'll go back to HEB as they have better food stuffs and buy my ammo at Academy.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm ...
I don’t shop in pajamas, but I became morbidly obese after spending six years in a wheelchair. Although I have lost 112lbs since last July I am still morbidly obese. I can also DO WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

Carl Carlson

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

striker55 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm Won't affect me, I buy my ammo online in bulk. I won't open carry because I want the element of surprise.
Ah the little brown truck delivering joy. #metoo
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm
AF-Odin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:32 pm ...
I don’t shop in pajamas, but I became morbidly obese after spending six years in a wheelchair. Although I have lost 112lbs since last July I am still morbidly obese. I can also DO WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

Carl Carlson
:smilelol5: Good one, Carl! :thumbs2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”