Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by Syntyr »

Colion Noir putting it on the line about WalMart virtue signaling.

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Aggie_engr »

I completely agree with Oldgringo here. Whataburger, HEB, Target, and many others with these policies appear to me to be saying we're ok with being agnostic to concealed carry. Doesn't seem that inconvenient to plan for this and just put your shirt over your holster when you go into one of these places. I have never been a fan of the 'lets educate the public' tactics of open carry. The public - even my liberal friends - seems to be mostly ok with Concealed Carry as it's not in their face.
Let me guess, you’re one of those “I own guns and I’m a 2A supporter but I believe in reasonable restrictions on gun rights.” Smh
We're fighting a perception problem, and no amount of rational discussion with statistics is going to convince the headline obsessed/political opportunistic class what the reality is. Statistically there is a 0% chance (well, more like 0.002% you are going to be impacted by terrorism and look at what where we are with TSA and overhead introduced with no-fly lists etc.
In one breath, you say arguing statistics will get us nowhere, but literally in your next paragraph you state that “we should showcase the success of the CHL/LTC program....” by what, using statistics? You’re circling yourself in an endless loop here.
I just saw the TX Dems are pressing our Gov for a special session on gun violence. It may not happen, but the stage is being set for some serious attempts at legislative 'solutions'. My opinion at this point in time is we deal with the world the way it is and showcase the success of the CHL/LTC program and the complete absence of criminal activity by licensees. Maybe we can actually gain a little for the LTC folks by horse trading expanding Concealed Carry in return for what seems to be the inevitability of at least open carry restrictions -- specifically open carry Rifles.
See above comment about using CHL/LTC statistics of how we’re being good little boys and girls. As for the “horse trading” I believe most on this board would agree with this statement: Texans will not give one inch to the Dems, especially not open carry of rifles which is deeply engrained in Texas history as a God given right to those who reside in this great state. We will certainly not give an inch with regards to any of the hard fought freedoms we have won back from the state.
As for background checks, LTC folks have that covered as we voluntarily submit to them every 5 years. I can't get too upset by expanding background checks since I have voluntarily done so 3 times here in TX (and multiple times in the military with security clearances.). If i have to pay $25 to get give my son a gun, so be it - maybe we negotiate for a sales tax credit or something to offset.
The only way to ensure that a firearm has been legally transferred via a government mandated background check is for said government to operate and maintain a firearm registry that is linked to each firearm. Plain and simple, no two ways about it. Another keen forum member already hit on this. And throwing out military creds as that somehow makes you more knowledgeable on the subject of firearms and civilian ownership. Dan Crenshaw, is that you?
I"m also ok trying increase awareness so that folks feel empowered to make a phone call on somebody they think shouldn't' have access to a gun so the Police can do a welfare check. I'm not settled on the idea of "red flag' laws, but I personally would definitely call the police if somebody i knew with access to firearms was behaving significantly out of the norm.
Welfare checks are already used and have been used across the country, this is the first step in the legal process of a court determining whether an individual is of sound mental capacity to own firearms. As another forum member stated, red flag laws are simply a way to stifle armed opposition by slowly whittling away at the populace who raise concerns against ideals which they do not share.
Seems to be we're better off coming up with some constructive suggestions rather than being in defensive retreat.We're not going to like where this ends up if all we play is the 'shall not infringe' card.
Well at least we all know which side of the line in the sand you stand on. Thanks for sharing but better men will rise to the cause if needed.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 4

Post by locke_n_load »

Aggie_engr wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:46 pm
I completely agree with Oldgringo here. Whataburger, HEB, Target, and many others with these policies appear to me to be saying we're ok with being agnostic to concealed carry. Doesn't seem that inconvenient to plan for this and just put your shirt over your holster when you go into one of these places. I have never been a fan of the 'lets educate the public' tactics of open carry. The public - even my liberal friends - seems to be mostly ok with Concealed Carry as it's not in their face.
Let me guess, you’re one of those “I own guns and I’m a 2A supporter but I believe in reasonable restrictions on gun rights.” Smh
We're fighting a perception problem, and no amount of rational discussion with statistics is going to convince the headline obsessed/political opportunistic class what the reality is. Statistically there is a 0% chance (well, more like 0.002% you are going to be impacted by terrorism and look at what where we are with TSA and overhead introduced with no-fly lists etc.
In one breath, you say arguing statistics will get us nowhere, but literally in your next paragraph you state that “we should showcase the success of the CHL/LTC program....” by what, using statistics? You’re circling yourself in an endless loop here.
I just saw the TX Dems are pressing our Gov for a special session on gun violence. It may not happen, but the stage is being set for some serious attempts at legislative 'solutions'. My opinion at this point in time is we deal with the world the way it is and showcase the success of the CHL/LTC program and the complete absence of criminal activity by licensees. Maybe we can actually gain a little for the LTC folks by horse trading expanding Concealed Carry in return for what seems to be the inevitability of at least open carry restrictions -- specifically open carry Rifles.
See above comment about using CHL/LTC statistics of how we’re being good little boys and girls. As for the “horse trading” I believe most on this board would agree with this statement: Texans will not give one inch to the Dems, especially not open carry of rifles which is deeply engrained in Texas history as a God given right to those who reside in this great state. We will certainly not give an inch with regards to any of the hard fought freedoms we have won back from the state.
As for background checks, LTC folks have that covered as we voluntarily submit to them every 5 years. I can't get too upset by expanding background checks since I have voluntarily done so 3 times here in TX (and multiple times in the military with security clearances.). If i have to pay $25 to get give my son a gun, so be it - maybe we negotiate for a sales tax credit or something to offset.
The only way to ensure that a firearm has been legally transferred via a government mandated background check is for said government to operate and maintain a firearm registry that is linked to each firearm. Plain and simple, no two ways about it. Another keen forum member already hit on this. And throwing out military creds as that somehow makes you more knowledgeable on the subject of firearms and civilian ownership. Dan Crenshaw, is that you?
I"m also ok trying increase awareness so that folks feel empowered to make a phone call on somebody they think shouldn't' have access to a gun so the Police can do a welfare check. I'm not settled on the idea of "red flag' laws, but I personally would definitely call the police if somebody i knew with access to firearms was behaving significantly out of the norm.
Welfare checks are already used and have been used across the country, this is the first step in the legal process of a court determining whether an individual is of sound mental capacity to own firearms. As another forum member stated, red flag laws are simply a way to stifle armed opposition by slowly whittling away at the populace who raise concerns against ideals which they do not share.
Seems to be we're better off coming up with some constructive suggestions rather than being in defensive retreat.We're not going to like where this ends up if all we play is the 'shall not infringe' card.
Well at least we all know which side of the line in the sand you stand on. Thanks for sharing but better men will rise to the cause if needed.
Well said and totally agree. Especially the last part. We can't compromise our rights away any longer. We end up just losing till the 2A is no more.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

Jay2121
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jay2121 »

Yep I agree also. It sickens me of the compromising people on this post. They will eventually give up until the 2nd is gone and then wonder what happened.There are better men out there that will stand in the gap and not retreat and retreat until nothing is left. Some of will stand and not give one more inch. Some will compromise until nothing is left. I will stand and not compromise. I have no other words when it comes to some of the posts on this topic.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:26 pm it's quite apparent from their CEO's statement that they're going full-blown anti-gun:
Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness.
So... Universal Background Checks (in other words, a national registry), Red Flag laws, Assault Weapons Ban - yeah, Walmart can go... *expletive of choice here
:iagree: :patriot:

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 4

Post by locke_n_load »

AndyC wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:13 pm Walgreens just joined in:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/09 ... un-policy/
Well there is CVS... And with so many companies "asking" or "requesting" I'm going to keep on my normal routine unless I see signs or am asked not to carry.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

gduncan52
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gduncan52 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm
gduncan52 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:18 pm I just got back from some grocery shopping at Kroger in Mansfield. I opened carry there as I have since the first day it was legal to. Have never had a problem and didn't have any problems. My wife reminded me that the Kroger CEO "requested" that customers not open carry. He did not say they prohibited it. Until I see a 30.07 sign or I am told verbally, I am going to continue on. If either of those happen I will move down the street to the Market Street store and spend my average $6,000 a year there.
Which Kroger the one on Matlock or on Broad? I live in Mansfield as well.
The one on Broad.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

locke_n_load wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Well there is CVS... And with so many companies "asking" or "requesting" I'm going to keep on my normal routine unless I see signs or am asked not to carry.
Yep, I concealed carried in both Wally World and Kroger today. Concealed carried in CVS on Tuesday. No legal 30.06 on the doors so I’m going in. I’ve walked through a few illegal gun buster signs as well.

rmr24

Post by rmr24 »

CVS also no open carry: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/09 ... 567711583/

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

Whataburger Corp. Stated they didn"t want open carry in their stores but have not posted the proper signage and I have opened carried in several of their stores without a problem, if Walmart, CVS, Kroger wants to prohibit open carry they'll need to buy some signage!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Yep, I concealed carried in both Wally World and Kroger today. Concealed carried in CVS on Tuesday. No legal 30.06 on the doors so I’m going in. I’ve walked through a few illegal gun buster signs as well.
Gunbuster signs aren't illegal. They just don't have any bearing on open or concealed carry.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

chamberc wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 am
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Gunbuster signs aren't illegal. They just don't have any bearing on open or concealed carry.
Exactly... That's why I walk right past them.... In other words, until there is a legal sign posted, their wishes are not my command......

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

1. Every business has the right, as established by the laws that we have passed, to ban any form of carrying of weapons. We passed those laws that allow the business to do so.

2. Every business has the right to establish what they will sell as allowed by the laws that we have passed.

3. Every business has the right to engage the political scene and endorse the views as they see fit.

4. I have my own course of actions in response to these.

These are all the consequences of freedom, law & order. Like it or not.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”