Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

Post by troglodyte »

Because we all know feelings will keep us safe.

We want our stores to feel safe & welcoming for all,

https://www.foxnews.com/us/albertsons-j ... gun-policy
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

narcissist

Re: Albertsons goes the way of Walmart

Post by narcissist »

It's a sad situation with every store giving in to stupidity, at least thats another store I can check off the list. Even in the small town which I reside you can see fear in people's eyes while open carrying a pistol, one day they may make it illegal once again to open carry? Hope not
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

OC serves what purpose?

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

They still have stores?
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Notice in the linked article it includes a tweet from CVS stating "do not bring firearms into our stores." Doesn't say "not open carried firearms" it says "no firearms."

So there's that...

cirus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cirus »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm OC serves what purpose?
Don't know that it serves a purpose. It's just a choice. I've never open carried and never will. I have no problem with it if your the type of person that always tucks your shirt in, and I know some like that. But if you start tucking in just to open carry and show off that it irritates me. I hate a show off. I'm always untucked unless at a wedding or some function that demands it. If I'm untucked I'm carrying which is 99% of the time.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

It serves the purpose of allowing me to leave my vest off for a few minutes while making a quick trip. I always carry OWB on my right hip due to too many years of experience reaching there for my firearm. For work and school, where I am not allowed to OC, I wear a vest to cover my weapon. OC allows me to not grab my vest when I run to the store or go to lunch.

It also allows everyone who carries concealed to not worry about if the wind blows their jacket open or if they are printing. I know the law allowed that by requiring an intentional display to be illegal, but we all know of people who were stopped or hassled because of an unintentional display. This problem was solved by allowing OC.
Steve Rothstein

cirus

Post by cirus »

:iagree:
srothstein wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm
It serves the purpose of allowing me to leave my vest off for a few minutes while making a quick trip. I always carry OWB on my right hip due to too many years of experience reaching there for my firearm. For work and school, where I am not allowed to OC, I wear a vest to cover my weapon. OC allows me to not grab my vest when I run to the store or go to lunch.

It also allows everyone who carries concealed to not worry about if the wind blows their jacket open or if they are printing. I know the law allowed that by requiring an intentional display to be illegal, but we all know of people who were stopped or hassled because of an unintentional display. This problem was solved by allowing OC.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

cirus wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm :iagree:
srothstein wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm

And, simply, carrying openly works best for me. You do you and I will do me. Seems to me that making public and derisive comments about personal choices is both rude and counterproductive.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

OC didn’t cause this mess so please stop insinuating that it did. We all know you are not a fan of OC but it is a part of our RKBA and in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue. You are surrendering your self to the lefty tyrants when you criticize something normal.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Why do people want to sneak around with hidden guns? Seems like something criminals do. Why are you trying to hide that you're armed? If it is legal to carry unconcealed or partially concealed, then that seems like the more honest thing to do, rather than hiding and concealing weapons. ;-)
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 pm
Why do people want to sneak around with hidden guns? Seems like something criminals do. Why are you trying to hide that you're armed? If it is legal to carry unconcealed or partially concealed, then that seems like the more honest thing to do, rather than hiding and concealing weapons. ;-)
I open carry 1. Because I can
2. Because it infinitely more comfortable
3. Because it makes the gun accessible without have to clear the covering garment.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:58 pm
OC didn’t cause this mess so please stop insinuating that it did. We all know you are not a fan of OC but it is a part of our RKBA and in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue. You are surrendering your self to the lefty tyrants when you criticize something normal.
:iagree:, "in some places it is an acceptable means and not an issue." Acceptable places are not; IMO, shopping areas, religious houses, sporting events, weddings, Hooters, schools, and other public gathering places. I have OC'd in Glacier NP, Rocky Mountain NP, Estes Park, CO, and other remote places in Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming just to see what it feels like. In a couple of those legal OC areas, I was asked, "what's with the gun"? I had no real answer.

You're right, OC just ain't my thing. Furthermore, in the current widespread, anti-gun atmosphere, I firmly feel that we 2A believer gun owners should not taunt our opposition with our 1791AD Second Amendment rights. There's a lot more of them than there are of us. "....out of sight, out of mind", if you get my drift?

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
You're right, OC just ain't my thing. Furthermore, in the current widespread, anti-gun atmosphere, I firmly feel that we 2A believer gun owners should not taunt our opposition with our 1791AD Second Amendment rights. There's a lot more of them than there are of us. "....out of sight, out of mind", if you get my drift?
The voice of wisdom.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Chaparral wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm
The voice of wisdom.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”