Man Reels in Semi-Automatic Rfile

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Man Reels in Semi-Automatic Rfile

Post by Keith B »

Uh oh, someone who lost all their guns in a boating accident may be getting one back.... :mrgreen:
FORT WORTH, Texas - A fisherman out on Lake Arlington reeled in an unexpected catch on Saturday: an assault rifle.

Police say a man snagged the weapon on his hook while he was fishing with family members.

He pulled it from the water and called Fort Worth police.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/fisherman- ... fort-worth
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man Reels in Semi-Automatic Rfile

Post by narcissist »

Nice catch, think I would of kept that keeper. :woohoo
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:49 pm Uh oh, someone who lost all their guns in a boating accident may be getting one back.... :mrgreen:
FORT WORTH, Texas - A fisherman out on Lake Arlington reeled in an unexpected catch on Saturday: an assault rifle.

Police say a man snagged the weapon on his hook while he was fishing with family members.

He pulled it from the water and called Fort Worth police.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/fisherman- ... fort-worth
Assault rifle? A fully automatic machine gun was at the bottom of a lake?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

He must have been bottom fishing for catfish? Semi-automatic rifles don't float, do they?

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

That might be the next Geico commercial
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

narcissist wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 pm Nice catch, think I would of kept that keeper. :woohoo
Probably not worth keeping and since it was at the bottom of a lake it was probably used in a crime and or stolen. I wouldn't want anything to do with that and would've also called the police.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I told you all my AR15s were lost in a boating accident.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 pm I told you all my AR15s were lost in a boating accident.
:thumbs2: mine too :thumbs2:
#GoFish
photo credit: rallyforourrights.com

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

C-dub wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 pm
narcissist wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 pm Nice catch, think I would of kept that keeper. :woohoo
Probably not worth keeping and since it was at the bottom of a lake it was probably used in a crime and or stolen. I wouldn't want anything to do with that and would've also called the police.
Guess depends on the damage done, think there aluminum so no rust. Change some internals maybe a new upper, o yeah call in the serial number to see if it's stolen or lost first. If not free gun or lower at least. What's that saying "finders keepers" lol
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Classic thread!

CBS is enhancing on their Anti-gun yellow journalism creds by titling their article "Man Reels in Automatic Rifle While Fishing..."

Fake news... that Bill Gate's MSN picked up and is promoting. Can we terminate Bill's account for violating terms of service? :biggrinjester:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Twitter was funny:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

narcissist wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 am
C-dub wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Guess depends on the damage done, think there aluminum so no rust. Change some internals maybe a new upper, o yeah call in the serial number to see if it's stolen or lost first. If not free gun or lower at least. What's that saying "finders keepers" lol
The barrel, at a minimum is not aluminum, so rust could be an issue, but most parts of the gun should be salvageable. I agree with the check to see if it's stolen, but if not, then treat it just like anything else of value that you happen to find. For most people, that means keeping it.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am Classic thread!

CBS is enhancing on their Anti-gun yellow journalism creds by titling their article "Man Reels in Automatic Rifle While Fishing..."
I’d say they’re half right...it’s a semi automatic.
NRA lifetime member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

KC5AV wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 am Classic thread!

I’d say they’re half right...it’s a semi automatic.
Well it would also be partially correct to say that a pebble is a weapon of mass destruction ;-) It just depends on the definition of the word "mass".

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”