Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by Flightmare »

C-dub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 pm :cryin

I remember all those stores you old guys are naming that have gone out of business. You know what that means? I'm Image

:lol:
Ya know, John Mason sure looks alot like Sean Connery. I hear he plays alot of words with friends. :biggrinjester: (inside joke to those of us at breakfast)
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

narcissist
Posts in topic: 5

Post by narcissist »

Walmart, never heard of it lol. Myself and my wife had a fight over shopping there i told her there's no way I'll spend my hard earned money there. She tryed to convince me different, I just laughed!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I've started shopping at Dollar General and Brookshire's since this all started, and found that good coffee is cheaper at DG than Walmart, and single slice SPAM is only 2 cents higher than Walmart. I also found some interesting things in their $1.00 aisle. I used to visit Walmart almost every day; now, I haven't been in there for over a week, except to carry an elderly lady friend to get her prescriptions. Some of Brookshire's sale prices are better than Walmart, too. So, goodbye Walmart! I'm mainly disturbed by the fact that the Walmart CEO wrote Congress in support of another "assault weapon" ban, and has communicated with Michael Bloomberg's Every Town for Gun Safety (I'm not sure of the exact name of that bunch.)
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 am
C-dub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 pm :cryin

I remember all those stores you old guys are naming that have gone out of business. You know what that means? I'm Image

:lol:
Ya know, John Mason sure looks alot like Sean Connery. I hear he plays alot of words with friends. :biggrinjester: (inside joke to those of us at breakfast)
:thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

Shots fired today at a Walmart!

I will not go to Walmart unarmed. They are not safe. Neither is anyplace else in this demented world we live in.

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/local ... 4p406NupxI

I'm not jaded, I'm just a realist. I'm also not eloquent like some of the contributors on this forum. I don't know what else to say, except the evil exists and we will face it. We have to be prepared when it happens.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

patterson

Post by patterson »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:06 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:53 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:27 pm ...So, use your phone or go elsewhere. Walmart is here to stay.
Yea Kmart and Montgomery Wards thought that too. I know you are old enough to remember those. :anamatedbanana
Yep, I also remember Western Autos.
I bought a 410 shotgun from the Western Auto in Tyler that was on south Broadway. I almost forgot about them along with Gibson’s. :cheers2:
I shopped the 69 North store back in the day and always liked their fishing lure section and back then you had to go to Gibsons , Kmart or the Sportster for sporting goods in Tyler

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm Shots fired today at a Walmart!

I will not go to Walmart unarmed. They are not safe. Neither is anyplace else in this demented world we live in.

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/local ... 4p406NupxI

I'm not jaded, I'm just a realist. I'm also not eloquent like some of the contributors on this forum. I don't know what else to say, except the evil exists and we will face it. We have to be prepared when it happens.
FYI, CBS 19 in Tyler is NOTORIOUSLY anti-gun. Unbelievably so.
And its looking like the shots fired call may have been someone overreacting, there is no suspect at this time and no confirmations of the initial report.

I won't be going to Walmart anymore, so I suppose I won't be carrying there anyway.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 3

Post by imkopaka »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 pm Does the public announcement by WalMart to not open carry in their stores serve as notice or does that only apply when they are speaking to you directly? Otherwise, they will need to post the appropriate signage under Texas law.

I am not saying I think folks should open carry if no signage. That is up to each person.
I would say no. There is no guarantee any person heard such an announcement, nor is there an obligation to track down such comments by those who receive LTCs after the statement was made. From what I understand, oral notice much be given personally. However, IANAL.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

imkopaka wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:40 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:20 pm Does the public announcement by WalMart to not open carry in their stores serve as notice or does that only apply when they are speaking to you directly? Otherwise, they will need to post the appropriate signage under Texas law.

I am not saying I think folks should open carry if no signage. That is up to each person.
I would say no. There is no guarantee any person heard such an announcement, nor is there an obligation to track down such comments by those who receive LTCs after the statement was made. From what I understand, oral notice much be given personally. However, IANAL.
This is what I think also. This could mean they will start posting Walmart and if they do, they may do it with the 30.06 signage as a catch all. I guess we shall find out.

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

Just ran across this YouTube video

Very interesting
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

Today WalMart announced it will stop selling e-cigs (once current stock is gone). Sounds familiar. What next, alcohol or tobacco?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

rotor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm Today WalMart announced it will stop selling e-cigs (once current stock is gone). Sounds familiar. What next, alcohol or tobacco?
Well, as you have seen on TV, e-cigs have killed what? 100 people in the last few years...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

TreyHouston wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 pm
rotor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm Today WalMart announced it will stop selling e-cigs (once current stock is gone). Sounds familiar. What next, alcohol or tobacco?
Well, as you have seen on TV, e-cigs have killed what? 100 people in the last few years...
Im not sure if you are in agreement with not selling of e-cigs" if so then you dont want to know the statistics on alcohol/tobacco products. Not trying to be disrespectful at all, just confused. If a person IMHO wants to drink/smoke its up to them they know the risks, as far as Guns they dont shoot anyone without Someone committing the act.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

striker55

Post by striker55 »

How many people are killed by someone who has been drinking? Yet alcohol is sold everywhere.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree: If they really cared about deaths they would stop the sale of alcohol at restaurants, etc...and then Robert Francis O’Rourke wouldn’t of had a DWI. Ted Kennedy wouldn’t have killed Mary Jo Kopechne and on and on we could go.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”