McKinney TX, 17 year old arrested for firing pistol in park.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 2

McKinney TX, 17 year old arrested for firing pistol in park.

Post by gtolbert09 »

USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: McKinney TX, 17 year old arrested for firing pistol in park.

Post by Beiruty »

1) He should not have a pistol at age 17
2) He should not be carrying a handgun at age 17
3) He should not shoot gang style in a park at age 17

Do we need more laws, common gun sense law, what gun violence, it is gun do no act by themselves, guns are not violents, they are like cars and can be deadly if abused
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

So your in the park with family and this happens, rounds coming in your general direction, do you A.run hide? B. Try to flank him and get close enough to order him to the ground and hold him for the cops C. Return fire from where you are utilizing what you know of bullet drop to get a hit?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Take cover and try to figure out whats going on. Immediately call 911. Be ready to protect your family if he comes your way.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 »

He absolutely had the right to protect the life of his mom. She and the other parent had been fighting a lot, and any reasonable person would see that she was in imminent danger and the right to use deadly force was confirmed. If my wife was in a similar situation I would like to think that my son (16) or my daughter (11) would be willing to take her firearm from the center console, rack the slide, and engage the assailant until the imminent deadly threat has been neutralized. Serious consideration should be given to the thought of honoring this young man for defending his life and the life of his precious mother.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:52 pm He absolutely had the right to protect the life of his mom. She and the other parent had been fighting a lot, and any reasonable person would see that she was in imminent danger and the right to use deadly force was confirmed. If my wife was in a similar situation I would like to think that my son (16) or my daughter (11) would be willing to take her firearm from the center console, rack the slide, and engage the assailant until the imminent deadly threat has been neutralized. Serious consideration should be given to the thought of honoring this young man for defending his life and the life of his precious mother.
Wait, what am I missing? The first post is bashing the young man with the gun and now I am reading your story? What is going on here ?

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 pm
hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:52 pm He absolutely had the right to protect the life of his mom. She and the other parent had been fighting a lot, and any reasonable person would see that she was in imminent danger and the right to use deadly force was confirmed. If my wife was in a similar situation I would like to think that my son (16) or my daughter (11) would be willing to take her firearm from the center console, rack the slide, and engage the assailant until the imminent deadly threat has been neutralized. Serious consideration should be given to the thought of honoring this young man for defending his life and the life of his precious mother.
Wait, what am I missing? The first post is bashing the young man with the gun and now I am reading your story? What is going on here ?
My apologies. I may have gotten the facts of this story confused with another story of a shooting that happened today as well. In that story two football mothers had gotten into a physical altercation at their child's game and a son of one of the woman used her firearm to defend both his life, and hers.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Let’s take this discussion to the other topic https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=97327
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

DocV

Post by DocV »

Two separate incidents?

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

DocV wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:12 pm Two separate incidents?
Yes they are two separate incidents.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:07 pm 1) He should not have a pistol at age 17
2) He should not be carrying a handgun at age 17
3) He should not shoot gang style in a park at age 17

Do we need more laws, common gun sense law, what gun violence, it is gun do no act by themselves, guns are not violents, they are like cars and can be deadly if abused
Yes now days you shouldn't allow your kids to have pistols at such a young age ( Laws mainly ) but i was 15 when I got my first Springfield 1911 45acp. even was allowed to keep it in my room. Different generations/ different times though.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “The Crime Blotter”