Shooting at pee wee football

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Shooting at pee wee football

Post by gtolbert09 »

Last edited by gtolbert09 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

hondo44
Banned

Re: Shooting at pee wee football

Post by hondo44 »

It is most tragic in this day and age. This incident, the one in question, occurred in a rather affluent suburb of Fort Worth. Two parents engaged in combat over the perceived slights to the fruit of their wombs. These parents let things get carried away and then BAM! If this sort of nonsense continues to happen, I would hope that Donald Trump would continue on his goal to shut down such things unless enough security is provided.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm It is most tragic in this day and age. This incident, the one in question, occurred in a rather affluent suburb of Fort Worth. Two parents engaged in combat over the perceived slights to the fruit of their wombs. These parents let things get carried away and then BAM! If this sort of nonsense continues to happen, I would hope that Donald Trump would continue on his goal to shut down such things unless enough security is provided.
You defended his action in the other post/topic. His actions were NOT justified, in the fact there were no one else arrested and he is on the run. Verbal and even slight physical altercations do not justify use of deadly force. Also, if the Mother was an aggressor and was actively engaged and not trying to remove herself from the situation, the Son had no legal justification to defend her period.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

Keith B wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:34 pm
hondo44 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm It is most tragic in this day and age. This incident, the one in question, occurred in a rather affluent suburb of Fort Worth. Two parents engaged in combat over the perceived slights to the fruit of their wombs. These parents let things get carried away and then BAM! If this sort of nonsense continues to happen, I would hope that Donald Trump would continue on his goal to shut down such things unless enough security is provided.
You defended his action in the other post/topic. His actions were NOT justified, in the fact there were no one else arrested and he is on the run. Verbal and even slight physical altercations do not justify use of deadly force. Also, if the Mother was an aggressor and was actively engaged and not trying to remove herself from the situation, the Son had no legal justification to defend her period.
Keith, this user has been called out as a troll recently in a couple of instances. They continue to use emotional verbiage and are consistently wrong about the use of deadly force in Texas. I think we have gained a few enemy spies here on the forum recently, which wouldn't be the first time as Charles can attest to.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Passions can definitely run high with youth sports. They always have. I know that the only time I have been challenged to a physical fight in the last 25 years was at my daughters soccer game. She was 12 at the time. Let's just say that another parent and I had a disagreement over whether a foul should have been called on a certain play.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

hmmmm. From the news report I saw last night, did not appear to be an "affluent" suburb area.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

AF-Odin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:48 am hmmmm. From the news report I saw last night, did not appear to be an "affluent" suburb area.
Lol if it had been an “affluent suburb area” the game probably would have been soccer instead of football. :biggrinjester:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

LDP wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm Am I the only one here thinking: "if you can't control your emotions, you should not carry a deadly weapon"? :banghead:

(flame suit on)
I agree. It's hard to deescalate when your emotions are getting worked up.
Charlie

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 am Passions can definitely run high with youth sports. They always have. I know that the only time I have been challenged to a physical fight in the last 25 years was at my daughters soccer game. She was 12 at the time. Let's just say that another parent and I had a disagreement over whether a foul should have been called on a certain play.
That is a fact. Some of the moms take that business more seriously than the dads. Back when mine were doing youth sports, I witnessed a whole bunch of parents get into screaming fights over all kinds of crazy stuff. Fortunately, i never experienced any of them throwing blows but wondered if it was about to happen.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 am Passions can definitely run high with youth sports. They always have. I know that the only time I have been challenged to a physical fight in the last 25 years was at my daughters soccer game. She was 12 at the time. Let's just say that another parent and I had a disagreement over whether a foul should have been called on a certain play.
That is a fact. Some of the moms take that business more seriously than the dads. Back when mine were doing youth sports, I witnessed a whole bunch of parents get into screaming fights over all kinds of crazy stuff. Fortunately, i never experienced any of them throwing blows but wondered if it was about to happen.
Instead of prison time, we should sentence (non-violent) offenders to being referees for kids sports games. I've often wondered why anyone would voluntarily do that job.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:40 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 pm
Instead of prison time, we should sentence (non-violent) offenders to being referees for kids sports games. I've often wondered why anyone would voluntarily do that job.
:iagree:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”