Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 7

Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

Post by Grayling813 »

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtsch ... s-n2553286

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

Post by LucasMcCain »

Democrats underestimate the number of Americans that are willing to water the Tree of Liberty when needed.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Violate Your Oath And Turn On American Citizens At Your Legal Peril, Gun-Grabbers

Post by Liberty »

LucasMcCain wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:16 am Democrats underestimate the number of Americans that are willing to water the Tree of Liberty when needed.
I believe you are correct, but I believe conservatives overestimate the numbers. and tend to overestimate their own willingness to step up and do any watering.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 11

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rob72 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am
Liberty wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 am
LucasMcCain wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:16 am Democrats underestimate the number of Americans that are willing to water the Tree of Liberty when needed.
I believe you are correct, but I believe conservatives overestimate the numbers. and tend to overestimate their own willingness to step up and do any watering.
Agreed. I believe any such conflict would make the Balkans and South/Central Mexico look very tame, by comparison.
I agree. Fellows with wives, kids or other family that need them to survive can talk a big game but if it comes right down to it, they will fold like a cheap suite. It is real easy to talk about dying for your right to keep your guns. It is a whole nuther game actually doing it. :tiphat:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Beto is only polling 2-4% and I think that while his words are a boost for gun-grabbers, they are mostly a childish, desperate cry for attention.

I think it does bring attention to the issue that criminals like Beto should be properly prosecuted and prohibited from running for political office. People who do burglary and drunken hit-and-runs should never be eligible for political office in the first place.

The whole Epstein episode has clearly shown that far too many world leaders are awful human beings making them subject to blackmail and manipulation. Felons should simply not be in political office or hold government positions of any sort.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I agree. There are many gun owners who would give them up if the laws changed instead of using them to resist the tyranny.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 8

Post by narcissist »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am
Rob72 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am
Agreed. I believe any such conflict would make the Balkans and South/Central Mexico look very tame, by comparison.
I agree. Fellows with wives, kids or other family that need them to survive can talk a big game but if it comes right down to it, they will fold like a cheap suite. It is real easy to talk about dying for your right to keep your guns. It is a whole nuther game actually doing it. :tiphat:
You are probably right in many ways. Why I must ask is it that the Founding Fathers or even during the Civil War they left their family's knowing what they we're fighting for was worth dying for. They did what was right at all costs, why would we not join together and do whats right? I have much to loose and may even be on a list for stating such comments but I truly believe something will need to be done to "Keep And Bear Arms".
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

rotor

Post by rotor »

Many of them live in California?

I always wonder if American military forces would be used to suppress a civilian uprising. Would our soldiers fight their own citizens? Then I try to think of a country where they didn't and I can't think of any.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Sadly most Americans are willing to sacrifice their honor in order to keep their lives, fortunes and comfortable existence.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
...so said a few brave men willing to sacrifice all so that we can squander what they paid for in blood.

03Lightningrocks

I think the real issue is that it would take a major organizational effort to set up such a thing. The government already stops any group that even looks like they may eventually be a threat. It's not likely everyone would just decide to start shooting at the cops when they come to confiscate your guns. Let's just say for fun that they banned all firearms and started going around to get them all, which is not they way I think they would do it anyway. So I decide I am going to shoot back. How many would come running to my place to assist me? I bet none. I would be labeled a gun nut by the media and they would show pictures of the cops hauling me or my dead body out of the house.

The way they will do it is to outlaw them. Then they outlaw the ammo for them, Then they outlaw us transferring them. Then they outlaw us shooting them at the range by forbidding we carry them out of the house. Then they sit back and wait for us all to get old and die off or simply accept the guns are useless to us.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm I think the real issue is that it would take a major organizational effort to set up such a thing. The government already stops any group that even looks like they may eventually be a threat. It's not likely everyone would just decide to start shooting at the cops when they come to confiscate your guns. Let's just say for fun that they banned all firearms and started going around to get them all, which is not they way I think they would do it anyway. So I decide I am going to shoot back. How many would come running to my place to assist me? I bet none. I would be labeled a gun nut by the media and they would show pictures of the cops hauling me or my dead body out of the house.

The way they will do it is to outlaw them. Then they outlaw the ammo for them, Then they outlaw us transferring them. Then they outlaw us shooting them at the range by forbidding we carry them out of the house. Then they sit back and wait for us all to get old and die off or simply accept the guns are useless to us.
You're right....we should just accept the inevitable and go pile our firearms and ammo up in front of Beto's house.

03Lightningrocks

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:51 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm I think the real issue is that it would take a major organizational effort to set up such a thing. The government already stops any group that even looks like they may eventually be a threat. It's not likely everyone would just decide to start shooting at the cops when they come to confiscate your guns. Let's just say for fun that they banned all firearms and started going around to get them all, which is not they way I think they would do it anyway. So I decide I am going to shoot back. How many would come running to my place to assist me? I bet none. I would be labeled a gun nut by the media and they would show pictures of the cops hauling me or my dead body out of the house.

You're right....we should just accept the inevitable and go pile our firearms and ammo up in front of Beto's house.
I don't think I read anything posted about doing this, but if that is what you think you should do, by all means do it.

Hoping or believing American gun owners are suddenly going to take to the streets in an all out effort to engage in warfare with the government over firearms, is fantasy. It is not going to happen. Joe Smoe average gun owner has a mortgage to make and kids to raise. Going to prison over keeping their AR15 is not going to add up for them. It did not happen the last time the government banned AR15 type rifles and multi round mags and it isn't going to happen if they do it again. The anti gun group knows that confiscating firearms is a political loser. Beto was talking out of his rear end. They will not try that. They will do it like they did the last time they banned AR15 style rifles and multiround magazines. They will grandfather in those who already own them. Then they will wait awhile and allow everyone to get nice and comfy then they will expand on it with further restrictions. By the time full confiscation takes place, there won't be any left to take away.

The best we can do is to work through proper political channels and fight them with our votes. Thank god for the NRA because without them, we would be facing this battle alone.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm Beto is only polling 2-4% and I think that while his words are a boost for gun-grabbers, they are mostly a childish, desperate cry for attention.

I think it does bring attention to the issue that criminals like Beto should be properly prosecuted and prohibited from running for political office. People who do burglary and drunken hit-and-runs should never be eligible for political office in the first place.

The whole Epstein episode has clearly shown that far too many world leaders are awful human beings making them subject to blackmail and manipulation. Felons should simply not be in political office or hold government positions of any sort.
Irish Bob messed up and openly stated what the lefts true agenda is.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 8

Post by narcissist »

Good point! Call me I'll be there!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”