Movie Recommendation, Unknown Soldier.

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Movie Recommendation, Unknown Soldier.

Post by DEB »

I just completed a movie, Unknown Soldier about the Finnish Army fighting the Soviets after the Winter War. Gosh, what a great movie, has subtitles, but still a great emotional movie. Not very often do I see war movies that are this moving. The Finns fighting that great colossus, the Soviet Union, with hand me down equipment and doing as well as they did. Really recommend it.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Movie Recommendation, Unknown Soldier.

Post by RicoTX »

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always looking for good movies on the topic. I'll try to watch it soon.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Two words: Simo Häyhä .... the name of the baddest sniper who ever lived. He killed over 500 soviet soldiers in 100 days, during the Winter War—a little over half with a Sako M28-30 (basically a Mosin Nagant 91/30) with iron sights, and a little less than half with a submachine gun. He was a true tough guy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lena

Post by Lena »

is this on Netflix?
Stay Safe

Topic author
DEB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DEB »

Lena wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:43 pm is this on Netflix?
No, I rented it on Amazon Prime. But, it was one of those that was well worth the rental. It, might be also on, YouTube as a rental. I haven't checked there though.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Return to “Books & Videos”