Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 46

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:21 pm One of the attorney’s for Jean family has been asked to investigate. As the old preacher said, “gag a maggot off a gut wagon.”

If someone was doing this to effect the trial they were late. His testimony wasn’t what sealed the deal. I did hear him testify to meeting Botham that day and he said, “ I met him and we
smoked weed and sang gospel songs
.” All he said about the shooting was he never heard Guyger give commands. Not much in my opinion.
Now there is an interesting combination. That is right up there with getting drunk and baying at the moon. :shock:

WildBill
Posts in topic: 18

Post by WildBill »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:11 am
carlson1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:21 pm One of the attorney’s for Jean family has been asked to investigate. As the old preacher said, “gag a maggot off a gut wagon.”

If someone was doing this to effect the trial they were late. His testimony wasn’t what sealed the deal. I did hear him testify to meeting Botham that day and he said, “ I met him and we
smoked weed and sang gospel songs
.” All he said about the shooting was he never heard Guyger give commands. Not much in my opinion.
Now there is an interesting combination. That is right up there with getting drunk and baying at the moon. :shock:
He testified they were singing Gospel and Drake. Now that is an interesting combination. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:56 pm Is this interesting or just a coincidence?
I don't think a coincidence.
Maybe he was a witness to another crime and they didn't want him to testify?
Last edited by WildBill on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

Dave2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:34 pm
Ruark wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:42 am
I just have a hard time with her not understanding she was on the wrong floor and wrong apartment.
Other aspects of the case notwithstanding, this is completely understandable. I've made this mistake myself in the past, in apartments and hotels where all the floors, hallways, doors, etc. are identical. After 5,000 times, walking to your door just becomes automatic, especially when you're exhausted from a 14 hour shift. The elevator door opens, you step out, turn left, walk to the third door and go in. You could do it blindfolded. If the elevator HAPPENS to open on the next floor, it's very easy to not notice.
Eh, sorta? Two floors are rarely identical. At least in the apartment complexes I’ve lived in or been to, once people have been inhabiting it long enough, there are typically clues like different welcome mats, door decorations, or maybe someone has a potted plant out front or something. And if the stair case/elevator is near a window, the view can be drastically different depending on the height/appearance of neighboring buildings.

How aware you need to be to notice such things obviously depends on the details. Coming off a 14-hour shift would certainly not help.
Per the Texas Ranger that did the investigation he went to the wrong Apartment on three separate occasions, he had statements from 93 residents that stated they had gone to the wrong apartment, the Texas Ranger stated that neither the floors or apartments were marked! This has been my question all along why did she not note that the furniture was different or layed out different, just seems peculiar to me.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am
Dave2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:34 pm
Ruark wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:42 am
I just have a hard time with her not understanding she was on the wrong floor and wrong apartment.
Other aspects of the case notwithstanding, this is completely understandable. I've made this mistake myself in the past, in apartments and hotels where all the floors, hallways, doors, etc. are identical. After 5,000 times, walking to your door just becomes automatic, especially when you're exhausted from a 14 hour shift. The elevator door opens, you step out, turn left, walk to the third door and go in. You could do it blindfolded. If the elevator HAPPENS to open on the next floor, it's very easy to not notice.
Eh, sorta? Two floors are rarely identical. At least in the apartment complexes I’ve lived in or been to, once people have been inhabiting it long enough, there are typically clues like different welcome mats, door decorations, or maybe someone has a potted plant out front or something. And if the stair case/elevator is near a window, the view can be drastically different depending on the height/appearance of neighboring buildings.

How aware you need to be to notice such things obviously depends on the details. Coming off a 14-hour shift would certainly not help.
Per the Texas Ranger that did the investigation he went to the wrong Apartment on three separate occasions, he had statements from 93 residents that stated they had gone to the wrong apartment, the Texas Ranger stated that neither the floors or apartments were marked! This has been my question all along why did she not note that the furniture was different or layed out different, just seems peculiar to me.
She worked a 14 hour shift, was anxious to get home and was detracted talking on her phone - I think it is entirely plausible that she thought she was at her own apartment.
If you refuse to believe that, do you think she just went to the other apartment to break in and shoot the resident? That makes even less sense to me.
NRA Endowment Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Makes no sense to me either, I don't believe she should have been convicted of murder, what she stated is entirely plausible, I have worked 24 and 36hr shifts and it was all I could do to get home! Working long shifts like that take a toll on your mental alertness!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:55 am Makes no sense to me either, I don't believe she should have been convicted of murder, what she stated is entirely plausible, I have worked 24 and 36hr shifts and it was all I could do to get home! Working long shifts like that take a toll on your mental alertness!
I agree. I have done the same thing in hotels. Gotten off on the wrong floor and gone to the door in the same location as my door on a different floor. I have even tried to run the key card through the door before realizing my mistake. I use to live in a Fox and Jacobs house. These are basically cookie cutter houses. I would be rich if I had a nickle for every time someone walked up to my door thinking it was their house, and this was a house in a neighborhood. I believe it is easier to do than one might think.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Paladin »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:01 pm
Scott B. wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:45 pm Botham Jean's neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ect-loose/
Even if that's not connected.... That some BAD timing.
Dallas has a 2019 homicide rate of more than 9.37 victims per 100,000 residents.

Odds look fairly low of it occurring randomly...
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -says.html

Assassinated lawyer says.

Refuses to rule out police involvement!

False flag?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 20

Post by carlson1 »

Lee Merritt and Ben Crump are useless, race baiters, and the biggest bigots I have ever met. It is such a shame to see a family like Botham Jean (upon all appearances seem to be a Christ loving family) molested by those two.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:38 pm Lee Merritt and Ben Crump are useless, race baiters, and the biggest bigots I have ever met. It is such a shame to see a family like Botham Jean (upon all appearances seem to be a Christ loving family) molested by those two.
:iagree:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -says.html

False flag?
Brown had no criminal history, nothing stolen, "no suspects or motives"... beyond the obvious. Once again Dallas makes international news. No matter what anyone says, truthfully DPD's reputation is taking a dramatic turn for the worse here. Whoever murdered Brown deserves a lot more than 10 years.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -says.html

False flag?
Brown had no criminal history, nothing stolen, "no suspects or motives"... beyond the obvious. Once again Dallas makes international news. No matter what anyone says, truthfully DPD's reputation is taking a dramatic turn for the worse here. Whoever murdered Brown deserves a lot more than 10 years.
Look for a guy named Jack Ruby.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott B. »

Could be random, could be bad luck, could be the people he procured his herb from were less than stellar citizens.

Pointless to speculate until more is known.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

False flag?
Who ever did it, I am not buying the cops did it angle. The story said he had no ID on him. Maybe it was a robbery and they took his wallet. A connection to the crime he witnessed is a far reach in my opinion. He would have been killed before he testified if it was related to his testimony.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”