Favorite carry method?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Favorite carry method?

Post by cmgee67 »

What’s your favorite way to carry your pistol / Mags ?

I really don’t change where I carry that often. Since hurting my back I’ve had to go to appendix carry almost strictly and carry a spare mag in a desantis mag packer pocket holster. Behind my hip or even at 3:00 gives me pain and is harder for me to conceal. About the only time I carry at 3:00 is if I am OC which is usually when I’m out on the range. I recently tried shoulder carry and I was not a huge fan but, I can see the advantages of it. Anyways, I was curious as to what everyone’s favorite way to carry is and thought this would be a fun thread.

RoyGBiv

Re: Favorite carry method?

Post by RoyGBiv »

AIWB for 20+ years. I'm incredibly happy that the market for specialized AIWB holsters has expanded so rapidly over the past 4-5 years. :cool:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

IWB at 3 o'clock (3:30, wherever the belt loop happens to be on the pants I'm wearing). I do armed security and like my pistol staying in the same place as work, so my draw is roughly the same all the time.
NRA Benefactor Member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

OWB at 3:00 with shirt tucked or untucked depending on the occasion. Spare mag at 9:00 in a Desantis scabbard.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

IWB or OWB at 3 o'clock with a variety of different Glocks from full to sub and my 1911's.

BSHII

Post by BSHII »

If I am not wearing a suit, I usually carry appendix. Usually a 1911, sometimes a Shield.

If I am wearing a suit, which is usually a couple times a week, then either OWB or IWB strong side depending on the gun:depending on the environment, I either carry a the 1911 OWB or. the Shield IWB.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

OWB at 9 o'clock 1911 in a belt slide, spare 14rd mag at 3 o'clock in a Gould and Goodrich mag holder
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Vertical shoulder holster or cross draw. I am a big guy (6'4" 250)so these carry positions allow me easy access to my pistol while driving without seatbelt getting uncomfortable or intangled. Right hand Cross draw(pistol on left hip) also keeps gun away from pto,lift and loader controls on my tractor. Spare mag on shoulder holster or belt pouch.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Lena

Post by Lena »

OWB in a leather Minute Man holster I have had for a very long time, just never found anything better for me with a Glock 32 and extra magazine close by. I have tried other rigs and weapons but always go back to this, 2nd choice would be a 1911 in a Roy Baker pancake with extra mag.
Stay Safe

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mostly AIWB for a while now. Also shoulder holster sometimes. When I do carry on my hip, it’s always OWB.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LimaCharlie3

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

Appendix carry 75% of the time. That's with subcompacts or a j-frame. It's comfortable, 100% concealed and as a bonus, when the girlfriend backhands me in the gut after a smart remark - I get a good laugh. The rest f the time I carry IWB at 4:00. Very occasionally I'll get on a week-long kick for OWB strong side.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Handgun at 3:00 and single or double mag pouch at 9:00. 80% of the time it's IWB; 20% OWB.

Chas.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Conceal carry OWB at 2:30-4:00 depending on the situation with a mag carrier opposite OWB. Cover it with a shirt/jacket/vest.

On_Code

Post by On_Code »

AIWB with Tier1 Concealed Axis Elite holster. Sig P365 with 12 round mag in weapon and in holster.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”