SOT/Class 3 in Carrollton Area

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
QB
Posts in topic: 5

SOT/Class 3 in Carrollton Area

Post by QB »

I need to have a suppressor I am buying transferred to a SOT/Class 3 (via Form 3) and wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation that doesn't cost an arm and a leg???

Thanks
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

SigM4
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SOT/Class 3 in Carrollton Area

Post by SigM4 »

I’ve bought through Ally Outfitteres in Richardson with success. No idea what their transfer fee is as I bought direct from them. Where is the can coming from?
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

AndyC wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:46 pm Hart Sports in Plano does transfers for $10 for LTC-holders...
For Class 3, that’s a heck of a deal!
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

AndyC wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:46 pm Hart Sports in Plano does transfers for $10 for LTC-holders...
That's a really good deal for a NFA item as they may need to keep it in inventory for up to a year for the Form 4 to go through.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:23 pm
That's a really good deal for a NFA item as they may need to keep it in inventory for up to a year for the Form 4 to go through.
I use Tom for my transfers. That is what he charges me for a standard transfer. I bet he charges more for NFA items.

Topic author
QB

Post by QB »

I'll email Tom and ask. First quote I got was $100. I also have to check with Grabagun and Capital (who I previously purchased from).
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:29 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:23 pm
I use Tom for my transfers. That is what he charges me for a standard transfer. I bet he charges more for NFA items.
Yeah an NFA dealer has a $500/yr special occupational tax. The regular FFL Dealer fee...then if transferring NFA from out of state, has to log the item into inventory from the Form 3 from OOS dealer, then file Form4 for the buyer. Meanwhile keeping the item (securely) in inventory and dealing with ATF audits, etc. for up to a year while (if) the F4 goes through. Think about that for a $35,000+ machine gun. You'd go broke at $10 a pop. You'd have to do $50 such transfers to cover the SOT for one year.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
QB

Post by QB »

I think Tom charges $50 but am waiting to hear from him.

03Lightningrocks

Tom is a good feller. He has been doing transfers for me for at least 5 years...maybe more. I always have him do the shipping when I sell on Gun Broker because it is easier and cheaper as he can ship handguns United States Postal Service and I can't. He even provided me shipping boxes. I have never asked him if he does NFA transfers. Let us know what he tells you as it seems a few of us in here have utilized his services.

Topic author
QB

Post by QB »

He replied and does do NFA transfers for $50. He is also going to give me a quote on the CGS MOD9. He provided me detailed info on his procedures.

03Lightningrocks

QB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:00 pm He replied and does do NFA transfers for $50. He is also going to give me a quote on the CGS MOD9. He provided me detailed info on his procedures.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Topic author
QB

Post by QB »

He told me ATF got a bunch of new employees and they were processing current submissions first but that the ATF has since straightened them out and to still expect 10 months!!!! I just dont know if I'm willing to wait a YEAR AGAIN. My first 2 did take about 4 months but as I said, I'm on 10 months and counting on my last purchase. I'll have to think about it!!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”