Favorite carry method?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Favorite carry method?

Post by oljames3 »

I carry openly as my default method. S&W M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch, 17+1, no manual safety. OWB at 3 in a Safariland 7TS ALS with Guard and QLS on grey NexBelt EDC belt. Two spare magazines (32 rounds) at 9. OC spray, IFAK, Streamlight PolyTac X, Ruger LCR .38 in pockets.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

QB

Post by QB »

OWB 2:30-4:00 using snapper holsters (easy on/off without having to remove belt).
Last edited by QB on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

OWB at 4:00.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

CC IWB 10 o'clock shield .45 cross draw.
OC 3 o'clock HK USP .45
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Back dictates.
Mostly - 3:00 and single or double mags at 9:00. Almost always OWB.

Some - custom shoulder holster with offset double mag holder.

Some - AIWB with my Sig P365

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

My only handgun is a slim SIG P239 9mm loaded with 124gr JHP Gold Dot (non +P), and Remington Golden Saber +P in spare mags. I have four different holsters, but my favorite holster for concealed carry is my Vedder Light Tuck IWB set at forward cant at 3:15 on the right, with a DeSantis leather double mag pouch OWB for 2nd & 3rd mags on my left at 3:15, and a DeSantis Pocket Pouch in left front pocket for my 4th mag. In the summer, I wear an oversized black or dark T-shirt to cover. During the winter, I tuck in the shirt and cover with a jacket. I find this whole setup very comfortable under all conditions. I also have a Gould & Goodrich 3-slot pancake holster, set to extreme forward cant with thumb safety strap if I ever choose to open carry during the summer, which for me, is an extremely rare (1% chance) event.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

sooo many ways..... I carry an LCP
in my holster at 11.00 with jeans,
in a purse
compression shorties with pockets sewn in, I wear these with dresses or skirts
I also have a corset style I made, I wear with skirts or dress pants,

the last two, not so much right now as I need to remake them in larger sizes, or I need to lose some weight....<sigh>
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

All of my carry guns ride in StealthGear Ventcore IWB holsters at around the 3 o’clock position. Spare mag(s) in a Mag Holder horizontal carrier at 11:30.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Most often method is OWB, 3-3:30, with double mag carrier at about 8:30ish. My only other method in the last couple of years has been shoulder holster cross draw with double mags on the other side. I like the balance and extra mags.

A long time ago I tried IWB at around 1-2 o'clock, but didn't like it much. It was only because of the dress code at the time. I also tried the fanny pack carry for a little while. That worked okay, but the reasons why I tried that changed and that method fell by the wayside.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Glock 43 in either a Desantis Slim-Tuk IWB, or a Raven Concealment Perun OWB, always at 3 o'clock. Spare mag in Comp-Tac pouch or weak side front pocket. If deep concealment is a priority, I carry IWB. In more relaxed environments I go OWB, but still concealed. Currently held up by a Hanks Gunner belt.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

90 % OWB at 3:00, 10 % IWB.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

3:00 to 3:30, almost always OWB, usually with a 1911 CCO. I rarely carry spare mags, but if I do they are in a jacket or pants pocket. I'm more likely to carry a spare gun than spare mags, that is usually a J frame revolver in my left pants pocket.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”