Oops! At the range.

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Oops! At the range.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 pm I can attest to the ammo mix-ups. I've loaded and fired .380's through a 9mm once. This is the reason why I try to never bring a .380 or a .40 on a range trip where I am also shooting a 9mm gun.
Many years ago, I witnessed a major foul up at the Bass Pro in Grapevine. I was there to shoot pistols, and another customer was sitting and waiting for the store manager, with an angry expression on his face. Seems that he wanted and paid for a Glock 19. He also bought a box of 9mm ammo. A gun counter employee delivered the plastic case with the gun in it to the customer, who was waiting in the range area to shoot his new gun. Well, neither the employee nor the customer closely looked at the label on the case or the markings on the gun. Customer goes in the range, loads a magazine with 9mm, and tries to shoot the gun. He can’t hit squat ... and this is not his first time shooting. Then he notices that the few fired empties are all belled out. The employee had delivered to him a G23 .40 cal.

The customer is mad and raises heck with the employee, who insists that the gun is now a used gun, and they can’t take it back in exchange for the correct model, which he paid for, is listed on his receipt, and has the Serial# listed on the 4473. Manager gets involved and starts to back up the employee ... until the word "attorney" comes out of the customer's mouth. All of a sudden, the tune changes, and they can’t help him fast enough. They went and retrieved the G19 with the correct Serial#, handed it over, and took back the G23—which now should be sold as a used gun according to the bull they were trying to put over on the customer a few minutes before. Somehow, I don’t think that’s what happened. :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:16 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 pm I can attest to the ammo mix-ups. I've loaded and fired .380's through a 9mm once. This is the reason why I try to never bring a .380 or a .40 on a range trip where I am also shooting a 9mm gun.
Many years ago, I witnessed a major foul up at the Bass Pro in Grapevine. I was there to shoot pistols, and another customer was sitting and waiting for the store manager, with an angry expression on his face. Seems that he wanted and paid for a Glock 19. He also bought a box of 9mm ammo. A gun counter employee delivered the plastic case with the gun in it to the customer, who was waiting in the range area to shoot his new gun. Well, neither the employee nor the customer closely looked at the label on the case or the markings on the gun. Customer goes in the range, loads a magazine with 9mm, and tries to shoot the gun. He can’t hit squat ... and this is not his first time shooting. Then he notices that the few fired empties are all belled out. The employee had delivered to him a G23 .40 cal.

The customer is mad and raises heck with the employee, who insists that the gun is now a used gun, and they can’t take it back in exchange for the correct model, which he paid for, is listed on his receipt, and has the Serial# listed on the 4473. Manager gets involved and starts to back up the employee ... until the word "attorney" comes out of the customer's mouth. All of a sudden, the tune changes, and they can’t help him fast enough. They went and retrieved the G19 with the correct Serial#, handed it over, and took back the G23—which now should be sold as a used gun according to the bull they were trying to put over on the customer a few minutes before. Somehow, I don’t think that’s what happened. :roll:
I am a little surprised the customer did not notice the wrong gun had been delivered before he fired it.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:16 pm

I am a little surprised the customer did not notice the wrong gun had been delivered before he fired it.
Me too, but I’m equally surprised that the salesperson also failed to notice.....especially since the correct serial# was on the 4473. In other words, he had the correct gun in his hands at that point, and still managed to hand the wrong gun to the customer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”