Morman Bloodbath in Mexico

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Morman Bloodbath in Mexico

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10280224/ ... lies-dead/

More is coming out.

Trump has suggested war per Fox News.

Terrible.

RIP.

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Morman Bloodbath in Mexico

Post by DevilDawg »

Certainly sad news, but it isn’t our problem as a country and we should not intervene.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

I used to take two trips a year to Mexico to preach. The missionary who I would go see and have known for about 35 years asked me not to come down anymore about 10 years ago. My suggestion is just stay home. As said above Mexico is not our Country however you would think this would push border security a little harder.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Excuse me. We should not intervene ?
A family of US citizens is visiting that country for a wedding and are killed.
Children. Women. At what point should people be held accountable for their actions?

:txflag: :patriot:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

pushpullpete wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:38 pm Excuse me. We should not intervene ?
Children. Women. At what point should people be held accountable for their actions?

While tragic, these people held dual citizenships and chose in live in Mexico. There accepted inherent risks in Mexico. This incident is none of our business. We need to stay out of this.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

WTR wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:58 pm
pushpullpete wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:38 pm Excuse me. We should not intervene ?

While tragic, these people held dual citizenships and chose in live in Mexico. There accepted inherent risks in Mexico. This incident is none of our business. We need to stay out of this.
I agree that they chose to live in Mexico and thus accepted the risk. However, this event is just one deadly event by the cartels who are known to be coming into the US (Texas & Arizona). We should use our military power to destroy them as it's clear the Mexican government will not.

Chas.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I agree that they chose to live in Mexico and thus accepted the risk. However, this event is just one deadly event by the cartels who are known to be coming into the US (Texas & Arizona). We should use our military power to destroy them as it's clear the Mexican government will not.

Chas.
If they are on US soil, I say wipe them out. However, we have no business in Mexico.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

I agree w the highlighted portion so... agree to disagree. I still stand w what I said.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Chas.
:iagree: w Charles
Pete

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Cartel members should be considered enemy combatants and droned accordingly.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it occurs to me that they were possibly living in Mexico because 1. it's cheaper and 2. poligamy is illegal here, don't know about there, but if it is, it probably isn't enforced.
What I do know is what happened was horrid and the people who did it deserve a paricularly hot spot further south
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

SewTexas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:53 pm it occurs to me that they were possibly living in Mexico because 1. it's cheaper and 2. poligamy is illegal here, don't know about there, but if it is, it probably isn't enforced.
What I do know is what happened was horrid and the people who did it deserve a paricularly hot spot further south
Unless they were some breakaway sect, I doubt it, The LDS Church renounced polygamy 130 years ago. Mormons that I've met are very dedicated to evangelism and they very often move to other countries to spread the(ir) "Word".
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:05 pm
SewTexas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:53 pm it occurs to me that they were possibly living in Mexico because 1. it's cheaper and 2. poligamy is illegal here, don't know about there, but if it is, it probably isn't enforced.
Unless they were some breakaway sect, I doubt it, The LDS Church renounced polygamy 130 years ago. Mormons that I've met are very dedicated to evangelism and they very often move to other countries to spread the(ir) "Word".
I'm not sure which part you doubt?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:20 pm Cartel members should be considered enemy combatants and droned accordingly.
I don't have a problem with drone strikes. Neither do I have a problem with simply terminating cartel members with extreme prejudice as they either attempt to cross the border, or stage for any such attempt while still in Mexico. Sink their boats. Mortar their installations on the Mexican side of the border. Blow up their tunnels with the people still inside. Arm the BP with AT4s, Carl Gustavs, and Mark 19s. If we kill them on our side of the border, hang their carcasses on the border fence, just like you do with coyotes. But the only US boots on the ground presence inside of Mexico should be limited to small counter-terrorism teams (DEVGRU, Delta) whose sole mission is to acquire target intelligence and grid coordinates and then return to our side of the border.

The problem with boots on the ground intervention is that the cartels are too large and too well armed for operations limited to SOCOM to wipe them out. Wiping them out would require a full scale military intervention, and THAT would require a military occupation of ALL of Mexico. Otherwise, all that happens is you push the cartels south, away from our border, but not OUT of Mexico.

We are still disentangling ourselves from Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Syria. We should commit to a war on a 4th front? I don't think so.....and that is aside from the legal and diplomatic issues. Any incursion into Mexico without the express approval of and cooperation with the gov't of Mexico, would rightfully be seen as a hostile invasion by the rest of the world. Mexico is a LARGE land mass, with a LARGE population.
The size of Mexico overlaid on the US.
The size of Mexico overlaid on the US.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

We certainly don't need to involved in Mexico, however I'd be willing to bet the Intelligence community knows enough to provide the locations of the Cartels top echelon, couple of 2000lb JDAMs would serve as a reminder that actions have consequences!
Mexican Government hasn't dealt with the cartels because the officials get paid and if uncooperative get dead
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “The Crime Blotter”