Forum members dog poll

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How many members of this forum have dogs?

Do not have a dog
17%
Have one dog
37%
Have more than one dog
46%

Total votes: 112

Topic author
Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 1

Forum members dog poll

Post by Setxjeff »

Reading thru the forum posts, most of our members also seem to share a fondness for animals. I am guessing the poll percentage will be high on having a dog side. I almost called it owning a dog, but am sometimes not sure on who owns whom. LOL
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Forum members dog poll

Post by eyedoc »

My 15 1/2 year old best friend died, so I am without a dog now.

Lena

Post by Lena »

k94.jpg
My big girl.
Stay Safe

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Several dogs of varying size and breed
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by eyedoc »

LDP wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm
eyedoc wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 am My 15 1/2 year old best friend died, so I am without a dog now.
Very sorry for your loss. 15 years is a nice age to retire to doggie heaven.

Give it time, the pain will lessen and eventually you will be ready to find a new pal. Don't ask how I know.

Just think about it this way: your best friend is surely chasing rabbits in doggie heaven now, he's having fun!
Maybe he is finally catching those squirrels.

I can guess how you know. Thanks.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My wife and I always had at least two dogs before we had kids and then we had three dogs while the kids were at home and for years afterward. The last three were a Rita rescue Golden Retriever, a chihuahua my mother gave our youngest daughter and a Jack Russell Terrier after my mother-in-law passed. We lost the retriever in 2016 and the last of the other two 2018. We adopted a pound dog about 4 months ago.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

We live in an area where dogs are abandoned. We have 4 dogs, 3 of which were strays.
Charlie

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Jack Russell Terrior. He’s a good boy. Easy to house break, sleeps with my 15yo daughter.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Inside mutt is 11, wiener dog is 10, outside livestock mutts are 7. I will always have to have a dog around.

4 years ago the wife's Chihuahua was a month or so away from making 20 years.

Cats well they are just cats and I can get a free one tomorrow when something happens to them. Something always seems to happen to them. Last one was a funny story, well not so funny for the cat. They are not allowed in the house and are only around for varmints. I always tell the wife, they are just cats.
Somebody had too much fun one morning.
Somebody had too much fun one morning.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Currently, it's only one male GSD. His sister passed earlier this year. We've had as many as 6 Rotties in the house at one time when we were fostering as part of DFW Rottie Rescue, but only two were ours. The most we've had at one time that were ours was 4 after we were done with the rescue. Two Rotties, 1 GSD, and one mix rescue we adopted. Later after the Rotties were gone it was 3 GSD (2 male, 1 female) and the mix.

After this boy is gone we'll be down to (gulp!) three cats. Not my choice! They were an even bigger trick than the motorcycle.

No more dogs because we want to start traveling on the bike a bit more and dogs are a little more difficult to accommodate. Especially when large. Our cats, other than all the feral ones my wife feeds, are all indoor only.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

We currently have four & so long as I'm alive I'll always have at least one. I've had at least one
since 1977 & as many as 6. Almost all have been rescues or strays that stayed.
Cats... uh.. no. I love animals but, not a cat person. They have their place, just not my place.

:txflag: :patriot:

MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

5 pups, all rescues, min pin, beagle, whippet mix chiwennie and border collie/Dutch shepherd mix. Also 2 rabbits and a hermit crab. Wife seriously considering adding a couple of rats. All but the min pin and 1 rabbit are female. I'm seriously outnumbered.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Return to “Off-Topic”