What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Re: What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

Post by rotor »

Working on reloading some .32ACP with LeHigh Defense xtreme defense 55 gr bullets. I sometimes carry a Kel-Tec P32 mouse gun and wanted to try a bigger mouse in it. These are not easy to load, especially my first time using True Blue. That powder makes water look like molasses. LeHigh, Midwayusa and Underwood sell this stuff but just a good excuse to add some dies. Anyone have any experience with the leHigh copper bullets? Bought some 38 special LeHigh bullets too to try out too.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

rotor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:28 pm Working on reloading some .32ACP with LeHigh Defense xtreme defense 55 gr bullets. I sometimes carry a Kel-Tec P32 mouse gun and wanted to try a bigger mouse in it. These are not easy to load, especially my first time using True Blue. That powder makes water look like molasses. LeHigh, Midwayusa and Underwood sell this stuff but just a good excuse to add some dies. Anyone have any experience with the leHigh copper bullets? Bought some 38 special LeHigh bullets too to try out too.
I can't speak directly to the bullets you have asked about...but I have used various LeHigh bullets for other calibers and have found all of them to be top quality.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by powerboatr »

i put a set of 3" polyurethane locking casters on the reloading table (2x4 feet wide by 3 1/2feet tall), now it rolls easily and i can move it around the garage or into the house with ease based on weather. its a heavy beast
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

Reloaded 50 of the Lehigh Defense 55 gr .32ACP and averaged 900 fps at about 7 feet. Fiochii 73 gr fmj were about 783 fps. Bullet looks like a phillips heads screwdriver. All shot without any problem in my little mouser Kel-Tec P32. No rim lock or any problem at all, Virtually no recoil. So my conclusion is that if you occasionally carry a mouser (in a pocket holster) you want the most capable cartridge for it and that seems to be what this is. Load data came from Lehigh site. Try to get that from Berry. Used True Blue as it was only powder I had on Lehigh list. First time I used it and meters very well.

I used new Starline brass (fragile) as I am not going to waste my time trying to pick up those tiny cases.

markthenewf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by markthenewf »

Pulled apart my Dillon 650 for cleaning and lubing. Made a eeeeeuuge difference in feel and operation. Also cleaned up a few die sets that I use a lot. No reloading this past couple of weeks.
Cheers!

Mark

jason812
Posts in topic: 20

Post by jason812 »

Since I last posted on this thread, I have finished the desk. I spent several weekends picking up a tractor and farm truck and getting them running. But the big thing is my toys showed up and I have been putting them together. I still have some unpacking and organizing to do. Plus I pulled the press out of the box it's been living in for a decade and she needs to be cleaned up and possibly repainted.
Attachments
20191117_161405.jpg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812
Posts in topic: 20

Post by jason812 »

Here's the toys.
20191117_155114.jpg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Beiruty »

I overhauled my Hornady AP and set it up for 40SW, loading 180gr plated FP over 4.3gr titegoroup at 1.125"
https://photos.app.goo.gl/71RQ3s1uQyyyyTz56
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

tomneal
Posts in topic: 16

Post by tomneal »

This week, I completed loading 2500 147 gr. Bayou coated bullets in 9MM. I've shot about 1000 without issues. The rest should carry me through the spring (assuming I continue to shoot around a USPSA match per week). If I run low, I'll switch to the Montana Gold 147 gr. and 115 gr. that I have loaded. It takes me a little longer to load 9MM on my Dillon 650 because of .380 and military brass. I catch the military crimps at the priming station (they don't feel right) and the .380 at the seating station (the powder is too high in the case). I lose a few primers that way. Oh, well.

I've got my Dillon 9MM set up with: Dillon resizer / deprimer, EGW / Lee Undersized die, Dillon Powder measure, Dillon Seating die, and a Lee Factory Crimp die. I drop checked each round in my Lone Wolfe threaded barrel. There wasn't a single failure. I put 100 rounds to a box, mark the head (to help spot high primers), then dump them into manly tupperware / ammo cans. 1000 loaded rounds of 9MM fits nicely.

My XL650 is now covered and ready to sit for a few months.

In 1997, I started reloading with .45 ACP in 1997. It was a lot simpler then. Big ole fat brass. A low pressure round. I inadvertanlly reloaded some Berdan primed brass. I just shot it. In .45 ACP, it didn't make a difference. Now, when you load .45, there will always be a few small pistol primers in the mix.

In November 2008, I ended up with "enough" Small Rifle Primers. (I use Small Rifle Primers for .40 S&W, .38 Super, and sometimes for 9MM). In 2008, I had more confidence in my shooting and less in Washington DC. I have more than 1/2 left. Since then, I ended up buying some Large Pistol and some Small Pistol primers. I even traded a few thousand Small Rifle for Small Pistol.

I primarily load 9MM, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .38 Super. I think I've reloaded somewhere around 120,000 pistol rounds, but I've lost count.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I reloaded my first 50 round batch of .45 ACP. Was quite the learning experience. First 15 bullet seating was perfect (after destroying 3 cases figuring out the bullet seating die but that's another newbie story), then none of the bullets would seat in the case. Had to go back, readjust the expanding die, dump the powder loads, run all the case through the expander and then re-measure all the powder.

4.9gr VihtaVuori N320, 230gr FMJ Speer bullet. Hopefully they all go bang and push the bullet down range.
Last edited by Grayling813 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

115 gr seems light for a .45

But...

I get in ruts.

I think I've only reloaded 200 gr. lead for .45. Some plain lead and some coated.
See you at the range

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I am not a nubbie but I am still learning

Your mileage may vary
See you at the range

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

tomneal wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 pm 115 gr seems light for a .45

But...

I get in ruts.

I think I've only reloaded 200 gr. lead for .45. Some plain lead and some coated.
Lol...thanks...corrected to 230gr.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

So...
Did you make it to the range?
Did they work as you had hoped?
See you at the range

Return to “Reloading Forum”