TX: Houston criminals get their guns from cars not gun stores

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

TX: Houston criminals get their guns from cars not gun stores

Post by philip964 »

https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2019-11 ... nt-crimes/

The Police Chief and the ATF held a press conference blaming legal gun owners for the violence in the city.

Gun owners are leaving their vehicles unattended with guns in them. This leads to thieves braking into the vehicles and stealing the guns. This bypasses gun dealers and the required background checks.

This leads to violence by these criminals.

Gun owners also incourage the thieves by driving pick up trucks or having NRA, 2nd Amendment, Trump or MAGA stickers on their vehicles. This helps the thieves target which vehicles to break into.

The police will give out gun locks for free.

The police chief encouraged pick up truck owners to have bumper stickers that had liberal messages like BETO, Hillary 2016, Coexist or Hope and Change. (I made that last part up)

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston criminals get their guns from cars not gun stores

Post by JRG »

:iagree: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Joe

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

But the criminals do get their guns from cars! Guido takes the guns out of his Eldorado's trunk and sells them in the alley...
"rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Perhaps Chief Acevedo would advocate the repeal of TPC 46.035 so that LTC holders would have fewer occasions where they would need to leave their EDC in their car/truck.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

dhoobler wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:05 pm Perhaps Chief Acevedo would advocate the repeal of TPC 46.035 so that LTC holders would have fewer occasions where they would need to leave their EDC in their car/truck.
I think he prefers the guns can’t leave the house unless unloaded in a locked box on the way to turn them in law.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2019-11 ... nt-crimes/

The Police Chief and the ATF held a press conference blaming legal gun owners for the violence in the city.

Gun owners are leaving their vehicles unattended with guns in them. This leads to thieves braking into the vehicles and stealing the guns. This bypasses gun dealers and the required background checks.

Gun owners also incourage the thieves by driving pick up trucks or having NRA, 2nd Amendment, Trump or MAGA stickers on their vehicles. This helps the thieves target which vehicles to break into.

The police chief encouraged pick up truck owners to have bumper stickers that had liberal messages like BETO, Hillary 2016, Coexist or Hope and Change. (I made that last part up)
I drive a one ton crew cab diesel flatbed truck. I have a few bumper stickers on the tool boxes mounted to my flatbed.

They include: US Marine Corps, US Navy, Special Forces, Submarine Force, and NRA. Every sticker except the NRA was given to me by one of my children, and one close friend, who served in that branch. If any truck would be the target of a gun thief, it would be mine. Thank goodness I don't live in a crime ridden city.

I guess if I went to Houston in my truck it would be "my fault" it got broken into and not the criminal? Gimme a break!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

That's the way society has gone Lynyrd, your fault not the criminals.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Lynyrd wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:34 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2019-11 ... nt-crimes/

I drive a one ton crew cab diesel flatbed truck. I have a few bumper stickers on the tool boxes mounted to my flatbed.

They include: US Marine Corps, US Navy, Special Forces, Submarine Force, and NRA. Every sticker except the NRA was given to me by one of my children, and one close friend, who served in that branch. If any truck would be the target of a gun thief, it would be mine. Thank goodness I don't live in a crime ridden city.

I guess if I went to Houston in my truck it would be "my fault" it got broken into and not the criminal? Gimme a break!
The office building where I used to work in Houston, located on one of Houston’s major freeways recently had 4 pick up trucks broken into one morning recently. No cars just 4 pick up trucks. Nothing was visible in the trucks. Nothing was taken.

The BG was just shopping for guns.

He was caught across the freeway in a big box parking lot. It is believed he broke into 40 cars that morning shopping.

On the radio they said Houston was number one in the nation for car burglaries.

And we will re-elect our mayor and all the judges.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

LDP wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm
dhoobler wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:05 pm Perhaps Chief Acevedo would advocate the repeal of TPC 46.035 so that LTC holders would have fewer occasions where they would need to leave their EDC in their car/truck.
:iagree:

But we're too late. Now that TX has been a purple (half red/half blue) state for a while, most handgun laws are Californiazed and 46.03 and 035 don't allow much liberty to licensed holders. :(
Texas used to be cool. There are other states, though, that still are cool and don't allow silly pre-emption of state laws.
Did I miss something? Can cities/counties pre-empt State gun laws now?!?!?!?!?! :shock:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

striker55

Post by striker55 »

We've had car break-in in our neighborhood in Katy, deputy told my neighbor they were looking for guns. One neighbor did have a gun stolen from his car, I wouldn't leave a gun in my car. With all the Ring videos of crooks checking cars for unlocked doors it's like open season for these guys. Some brazen crooks don't even run when security lights turn on.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

striker55 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 am We've had car break-in in our neighborhood in Katy, deputy told my neighbor they were looking for guns. One neighbor did have a gun stolen from his car, I wouldn't leave a gun in my car. With all the Ring videos of crooks checking cars for unlocked doors it's like open season for these guys. Some brazen crooks don't even run when security lights turn on.
Most of the time they know they have the short period they need to go through the vehicle before being confronted. I bet many of them just don't care and figure they can just run away if someone does come out of the house.

There are times when leaving a gun in the car is unavoidable such as when attending an event where it is posted 30.06

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm
striker55 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 am We've had car break-in in our neighborhood in Katy, deputy told my neighbor they were looking for guns. One neighbor did have a gun stolen from his car, I wouldn't leave a gun in my car. With all the Ring videos of crooks checking cars for unlocked doors it's like open season for these guys. Some brazen crooks don't even run when security lights turn on.
Most of the time they know they have the short period they need to go through the vehicle before being confronted. I bet many of them just don't care and figure they can just run away if someone does come out of the house.

There are times when leaving a gun in the car is unavoidable such as when attending an event where it is posted 30.06
These 30.06 areas are why I bought a $20 lockbox with cable years ago. Quickly secure and hide under seat for best margin of safety possible. If they want it bad enough it’s gone, but wasting time getting it isn’t their typical MO.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

DevilDawg wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 pm

These 30.06 areas are why I bought a $20 lockbox with cable years ago. Quickly secure and hide under seat for best margin of safety possible. If they want it bad enough it’s gone, but wasting time getting it isn’t their typical MO.
Every little bit helps but most of the lock boxes I have seen can be popped open using a screw driver. They can also cut the cable in a few seconds with a pair of side cutters.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Maxwell wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:10 pm
LDP wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm
:iagree:

But we're too late. Now that TX has been a purple (half red/half blue) state for a while, most handgun laws are Californiazed and 46.03 and 035 don't allow much liberty to licensed holders. :(
Texas used to be cool. There are other states, though, that still are cool and don't allow silly pre-emption of state laws.
Did I miss something? Can cities/counties pre-empt State gun laws now?!?!?!?!?! :shock:
No. State law still Trump's local law in this area.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”