Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Flightmare »

Vote on Article 1 (abuse of power) being held now. It's on C-SPAN
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Article 1 passes in the house. Vote was 230 - 197 - 1 with 2 democrats voting against and 1 democrat voting present. They did show 1 republican voting for at one point, but they have changed that.

The next vote will be on Article 2, obstruction of congress.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Article 2 passes in the house. Vote was 229 - 198 - 1 with 3 democrats voting against and 1 democrat voting present.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

On to the Senate where we’re going to find out if republicans are going to require lamp posts too.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/tulsi-gabbard-vo ... 03447.html

Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard voted present.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking ... =mattwalsh

Trump investigations will continue irregardless of trail in Senate.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Nancy Pelosi Threatens to Withhold Impeachment Articles from Senate Republicans
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2558266
Knowing that the Republican Senate will dispense of their so-called evidence for impeachment, Speaker Nancy Pelosi has threatened to withhold transmitting the articles to the upper chamber. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has already rejected Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s (D-NY) parameters for the trial.

ELB
Posts in topic: 86

Post by ELB »

And while the House circus featured impeachment and fire-breathing hissy fits, the Senate filled 11 more federal judgeship vacancies with Trump nominees.

In the words of Mitch McConnell:
My motto is leave no vacancy behind.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... -democrats

Trump is not impeached until articles of impeachment are sent to the Senate.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/93553f9bab26da7df743676a091f94bf

Christian magazine founded by Billy Graham wants Trump removed from office for being immoral. Trump criticizes them.

Dem switches parties and visits Trump in the White House.

Military Times poll, more than half don't like Trump.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... oll-shows/

Must be all those pardons, getting us out of wars and complaining about that military witness against him at impeachment.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:17 am https://apnews.com/93553f9bab26da7df743676a091f94bf

Christian magazine founded by Billy Graham wants Trump removed from office for being immoral. Trump criticizes them.

Dem switches parties and visits Trump in the White House.

Military Times poll, more than half don't like Trump.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... oll-shows/

Must be all those pardons, getting us out of wars and complaining about that military witness against him at impeachment.
Christianity Today has devolved into the mouthpiece and promoter of the radical left wing of Christianity.

Franklin Graham issued a statement blasting CT and the Democrats.
Christianity Today released an editorial stating that President Trump should be removed from office—and they invoked my father’s name (I suppose to try to bring legitimacy to their statements), so I feel it is important for me to respond. Yes, my father Billy Graham founded Christianity Today; but no, he would not agree with their opinion piece. In fact, he would be very disappointed. I have not previously shared who my father voted for in the past election, but because of this article, I feel it is necessary to share it now. My father knew Donald Trump, he believed in Donald Trump, and he voted for Donald Trump. He believed that Donald J. Trump was the man for this hour in history for our nation.

For Christianity Today to side with the Democrat Party in a totally partisan attack on the President of the United States is unfathomable. Christianity Today failed to acknowledge that not one single Republican voted with the Democrats to impeach the President. I know a number of Republicans in Congress, and many of them are strong Christians. If the President were guilty of what the Democrats claimed, these Republicans would have joined with the Democrats to impeach him. But the Democrats were not even unanimous—two voted against impeachment and one voted present. This impeachment was politically motivated, 100% partisan. Why would Christianity Today choose to take the side of the Democrat left whose only goal is to discredit and smear the name of a sitting president? They want readers to believe the Democrat leadership rather than believe the President of the United States.

Look at all the President has accomplished in a very short time. The economy of our nation is the strongest it has been in 50 years, ISIS & the caliphate have been defeated, and the President has renegotiated trade deals to benefit all Americans. The list of accomplishments is long, but for me as a Christian, the fact that he is the most pro-life president in modern history is extremely important—and Christianity Today wants us to ignore that, to say it doesn’t count? The President has been a staunch defender of religious freedom at home and around the world—and Christianity Today wants us to ignore that? Also the President has appointed conservative judges in record number—and Christianity today wants us to ignore that? Christianity Today feels he should be removed from office because of false accusations that the President emphatically denies.

Christianity Today said it’s time to call a spade a spade. The spade is this—Christianity Today has been used by the left for their political agenda. It’s obvious that Christianity Today has moved to the left and is representing the elitist liberal wing of evangelicalism.

Is President Trump guilty of sin? Of course he is, as were all past presidents and as each one of us are, including myself. Therefore, let’s pray for the President as he continues to lead the affairs of our nation.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 pm Christianity Today has devolved into the mouthpiece and promoter of the radical left wing of Christianity.

Franklin Graham issued a statement blasting CT and the Democrats.
:smash: So take that, Christianity Today. Such a shame.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Trump will win 2020 and then he can work on this old bags replacement.

ELB
Posts in topic: 86

Post by ELB »

Ed Driscoll (who highlighted this on Instapundit) is right, this must have hurt CNN to publish:

CNN Poll: US economy receives its best ranking in nearly 20 years

One of the purposes of the Schiff Show that is "impeachment", withholding articles, etc, is to give the MSM fodder to bash Trump and crowd out as much good news about him as possible. Combined with Quid Pro Joe's statement at the debates about not hesitating to make everyone employed in f-r-a-c-k-i-n-g jobless, along with other elements of the Green Nude Eel, the Democratic Party is fully ready to trash the economy of the United States.

MAGA 2020

* the naughty word filter wants to blot out f-r-a-c-k-i-n-g when written normally. Somebody fix this.
USAF 1982-2005

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

Could this be what dems are up to? I'm admittedly not up to snuff with regards to constitutional law but for that sake of conversation...

1. Pelosi holds on to the articles of impeachment up until the 2020 elections.
2. Trump loses (I sincerely hope not) and we end up with a switch in the senate
3. Senate convicts former president Trump
4. He is no longer president so cannot be removed from office
5. But since he is convicted would all of his appointees to the judicial branch be removed thus opening positions for an extremely left leaning judicial branch.

Again just doomsday scenerio here but could that be a possibility?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

kayt00 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:42 pm Could this be what dems are up to? I'm admittedly not up to snuff with regards to constitutional law but for that sake of conversation...

1. Pelosi holds on to the articles of impeachment up until the 2020 elections.
2. Trump loses (I sincerely hope not) and we end up with a switch in the senate
3. Senate convicts former president Trump
4. He is no longer president so cannot be removed from office
5. But since he is convicted would all of his appointees to the judicial branch be removed thus opening positions for an extremely left leaning judicial branch.

Again just doomsday scenerio here but could that be a possibility?
There are currently 53 republican, 45 democrat, and 2 independents who caucus with the democrats.
Of the 53 seats currently held by republicans, 23 are up for election this cycle.
This leaves 30 republicans who are 100% safe this election.
In order to convict, it requires 2/3 majority, or 67 votes (assuming my math is correct). Which means 34 votes against would defeat a conviction.
How likely do you think it is that the republicans lose 20 seats out of the 23 they have to run?

Return to “Off-Topic”