Jump with no Parachute

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Jump with no Parachute

Post by howdy »

I did not find this already posted. This is an older, short video of a guy jumping out at 25,000' with no parachute.

Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

2farnorth

Re: Jump with no Parachute

Post by 2farnorth »

Okay... Now I have ask WHY. So many things that could go wrong.

Never mind, he's got his 5 minutes of fame. Maybe to him it's worth it?
N5PNZ

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Luke and one of my nephews are buddies. Nephew has flown for him on jumps many times. We were at Texas Motor Speedway for the Red Bull air races a few years back. I texted my nephew to see if Luke had jumped with the flag. He sent me a pick from the helo he jumped from with the Speedway below. Totally awesome. My nephew was in town and we watched the chute-less jump together live on a video feed. Luke called him later that evening. He answered the phone "Hey crazy! Good to hear from you." I think my nephew nailed it.

Btw my avatar pick is Luke coming in to land on the grass between pit row and the racetrack flying Ole Glory.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Well I have seen some pretty stupid things in my life but that one wins the prize. I am amazed at the ignorance folks will display for 5 minutes of fame.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

2farnorth wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:33 am Okay... Now I have ask WHY.
Being the first is a big draw for some people. If you have the skill and capability, why not?

Wouldn't be my choice of dangerous activity, but considering some of the people I've shot with it's probably safer than a range trip without armor :shock:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Reminds me of an apocryphal, untrue but amusing story about the Gurkha. The story went that a British officer was detailing a mission to a group of Gurkhas. They were to be air dropped behind enemy lines from 1200 feet, to secure an objective. Surprisingly, there was some muttering in the ranks about it. The British officer was puzzled, since the Gurkhas are known for their bravery. The Gurkha commander apologized for this to the British officer, and conferred with his men. He came back to the British officer and told him that the men would do it, but they wanted to be dropped from 250 feet. The British officer told him that, at that low an altitude, their parachutes wouldn't have time to open. The Gurkha commander said 'Ah, you didn't say we would have parachutes! Well, in that case 1200 feet will be fine".

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:lol:: :smilelol5:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

RSX11 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:02 pm Reminds me of an apocryphal, untrue but amusing story about the Gurkha. The story went that a British officer was detailing a mission to a group of Gurkhas. They were to be air dropped behind enemy lines from 1200 feet, to secure an objective. Surprisingly, there was some muttering in the ranks about it. The British officer was puzzled, since the Gurkhas are known for their bravery. The Gurkha commander apologized for this to the British officer, and conferred with his men. He came back to the British officer and told him that the men would do it, but they wanted to be dropped from 250 feet. The British officer told him that, at that low an altitude, their parachutes wouldn't have time to open. The Gurkha commander said 'Ah, you didn't say we would have parachutes! Well, in that case 1200 feet will be fine".
:cheers2:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I feel pretty special that people do these types of things for me to enjoy on youtube.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane for any other reason than it being on fire and crashing is not a rational thing to do. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane without a parachute is .... well ... I’d rather not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

His poor wife (and kids?)

Post by flechero »

I have no issues with people risking [only] their own lives for the sake of whatever they want out of a stunt like that.

It becomes foolishness is once you get married and have a family. At that point you are shirking your responsibility as a spouse/father/provider/etc. This was [IMO] incredibly selfish... the risk vs. reward ratio for a few minutes of youtube fame is severely outweighed by the risk of destroying a family.

Keith B

Re: His poor wife (and kids?)

Post by Keith B »

flechero wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 am I have no issues with people risking [only] their own lives for the sake of whatever they want out of a stunt like that.

It becomes foolishness is once you get married and have a family. At that point you are shirking your responsibility as a spouse/father/provider/etc. This was [IMO] incredibly selfish... the risk vs. reward ratio for a few minutes of youtube fame is severely outweighed by the risk of destroying a family.
Unless you have a VERY large insurance policy and your wife is the one pushing you out of the airplane. :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Keith B wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:59 am
flechero wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 am I have no issues with people risking [only] their own lives for the sake of whatever they want out of a stunt like that.

Unless you have a VERY large insurance policy and your wife is the one pushing you out of the airplane. :biggrinjester:

I believe that is grounds for divorce :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

It was pretty cool

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:23 pm
Keith B wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:59 am

I believe that is grounds for divorce :biggrinjester:
We say "REASON for divorce". We don’t talk about "grounds" when jumping out of an airplane without a chute. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”