MSNBC gun carry poll

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

MSNBC gun carry poll

Post by gtolbert09 »

USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Tex1961

Re: MSNBC gun carry poll

Post by Tex1961 »

Of course the no’s are leading. If this same poll was on Fox, the Yes’s would be leading. That’s why I don’t put much stock into polls, especially from major news outlets. Their mostly going to get a skewed sampling from readers who align with their left or right views.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

voted and then posted this at the 1911 forum... I figure that no to few conservatives will see this at msnbc, so we need to even up the viewership a bit. ;-)

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

EDITED FOR CLARITY:

Well, I think what's more interesting is that MSNBC primarily attracts an anti-2A readership. And, even with that fact, and this poll only getting attention from pro-2A folks via posts such as yours, there is still only a 200K lead for "NO", out of over 3 million votes so far. One would expect there to be overwhelming support for "YES" if the same question were posted on a pro-2A site, as Tex1961 pointed out. So, it amuses me that it's still that close...on MSNBC. :mrgreen:

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

The 2A and self defense responses are both yes's. Add 1% to the yes. Probably added to skew the percentages.
N5PNZ

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I've seen this poll posted before. I'm sure it comes up every so often in online forums and groups and is subject to vote brigading. I don't put any stock in them regardless of where they are.
Psalm 91:2

flechero

Post by flechero »

SQLGeek wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:08 pm I've seen this poll posted before. I'm sure it comes up every so often in online forums and groups and is subject to vote brigading. I don't put any stock in them regardless of where they are.
I might disagree, the fact that it's almost even is very telling... even if a few gun forums post it, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the msnbc readership. So I think more (generally left leaning) msnbc readers might be pro gun that we/they think.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Rigged. As it is never been closed. No time limit. Not worthy of my time. However, you can vote as much as you want.
A novice programmer can write a "bot" to submit 1,000,000 vote in 10 seconds.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I doubt 5 millions persons visited that page.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

flechero wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 am
SQLGeek wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:08 pm I've seen this poll posted before. I'm sure it comes up every so often in online forums and groups and is subject to vote brigading. I don't put any stock in them regardless of where they are.
I might disagree, the fact that it's almost even is very telling... even if a few gun forums post it, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the msnbc readership. So I think more (generally left leaning) msnbc readers might be pro gun that we/they think.
There's a good chance this poll is being brigaded by the antis as much as the pro-gun folks. It's absolutely meaningless.
Beiruty wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:47 am Rigged. As it is never been closed. No time limit. Not worthy of my time. However, you can vote as much as you want.
A novice programmer can write a "bot" to submit 1,000,000 vote in 10 seconds.
This too.
Psalm 91:2

Jay2121
Banned

Post by Jay2121 »

Who flipping cares what MSNBC does. What a waste of time.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Jay2121 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:16 am Who flipping cares what MSNBC does. What a waste of time.
History shows the answer to be ...
politicians who see the word "Poll" on something presented to them by someone who is ostensibly a voter in their district.
That'd be the same politicians who write & vote on the laws that affect "us"

But yeah, "Push polls" with an agenda posted by a biased party, are meaningless in actually representing public opinion, if they are identified as such, however, Moms Demented Actions will still present such unscientific, easily bot-manipulated polls as factual to politicians who are not fact checking.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”