Church shooting in Tarrant County - White Settlement

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Church shooting in Tarrant County - White Settlement

Post by carlson1 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:43 am Parishioner hero with a license to carry - Security Guard

Hero defender of the congregation - Gunman

These are not accidents or a rush to get a story out, this is ingrained negative bias.

The murderers sister said it was her other brother’s Birthday. He committed suicide in 2008.

Both brothers were on and off homeless. He came to the church often for help. He apparently could quote the Bible. She was unaware of any hard feelings he had for the church as they had always treated him well.

One shot from Mr. Wilson. Two shotgun blasts, but one was supposedly at the ceiling. Three dead. Did I miss something?
From the Senior Pastor, they had helped home several times with food, but refused to give him money. Could also be part of his reasoning.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bbhack »

New nickname:
Headshot Wilson
(not meant to be anything but complimentary).
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I thought this was a good early analysis... emphasis on early.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

President Trump on White Settlement

dlh

Post by dlh »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:43 am Parishioner hero with a license to carry - Security Guard

These are not accidents or a rush to get a story out, this is ingrained negative bias.

The murderers sister said it was her other brother’s Birthday. He committed suicide in 2008.

Both brothers were on and off homeless. He came to the church often for help. He apparently could quote the Bible. She was unaware of any hard feelings he had for the church as they had always treated him well.

One shot from Mr. Wilson. Two shotgun blasts, but one was supposedly at the ceiling. Three dead. Did I miss something?
The evil murderer first shot Mr. White then fired a second blast into Mr. Wallace. Mr. Wilson then shot the evil murderer. There may have been a third shotgun blast into the ceiling contemporaneous with the shot from Mr. Wilson.

Some say there was a second parishioner who also shot the evil murderer but nobody has been identified in that supposed shooting and that may not have happened. If there was I would like to hear from him too since we have heard now from Mr. Wilson.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

dlh wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 am

The evil murderer first shot Mr. White then fired a second blast into Mr. Wallace. Mr. Wilson then shot the evil murderer. There may have been a third shotgun blast into the ceiling contemporaneous with the shot from Mr. Wilson.

Some say there was a second parishioner who also shot the evil murderer but nobody has been identified in that supposed shooting and that may not have happened. If there was I would like to hear from him too since we have heard now from Mr. Wilson.
According to Atty Gen Ken Paxton, Mr Wilson was the only one to engage the killer. I believe cruddy reporting is to blame, with someone extrapolating that "two security team members reacted by drawing their handguns" equated "two security team members fired their handguns".

The lead pastor of the church explains a bit of their past interaction with the mentally deranged killer, asking for prayers of healing for all affected, including the murderer's family. The article also discusses briefly the two victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/texas ... dmore_pool

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

I can understand how family members feel after losing relatives, even when they are the gunman that just murdered people. I cannot understand why the sister portrays her brother as religious and describes how he could give you a Bible scripture for any problem you had yet he went into a church and murdered people. Someone who murders two people is not “very close to the Lord”.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... ster-says/

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GeekwithaGun »

mrvmax wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:03 am I can understand how family members feel after losing relatives, even when they are the gunman that just murdered people. I cannot understand why the sister portrays her brother as religious and describes how he could give you a Bible scripture for any problem you had yet he went into a church and murdered people. Someone who murders two people is not “very close to the Lord”.
Even the devil knows the Bible and can quote scripture.
NRA Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

mrvmax wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:03 am I can understand how family members feel after losing relatives, even when they are the gunman that just murdered people. I cannot understand why the sister portrays her brother as religious and describes how he could give you a Bible scripture for any problem you had yet he went into a church and murdered people. Someone who murders two people is not “very close to the Lord”.
I agree. Knowledge of the bible, scripture memorization and being religious does not make one a Christian or Jesus lord of their life. Evil can be deceptive.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Lena
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Lena »

Reminds me of a man I met yrs ago that was the most anti gun/hunting I ever spoke to then it came out he processed wild game for a living and was a butcher.....
Stay Safe

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

dlh wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:22 am

I made some sequential stills from the church video...... I’ll see if I can’t post them.....

#1. The hero is pulling the trigger, and the bad guy has started moving toward the stage with the gun leveled:

#2. The hero's gun is in recoil. The bad guy has been hit, jerked the shotgun muzzle upward, and fired a shot toward the ceiling. The muzzle flash is evident:

#3. The hero's gun is recovering from recoil. The bad guy has gone rag doll and has begun to slump to the floor:

My son's brother-in-law is a long time River Oaks police officer, and now a detective. It’s a small dept and small community. I last saw him on Christmas Day, and I haven’t had a chance to talk to him since, to see if he knows the killer. But I’d be surprised if he didn’t.
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”