Houston south quadrant breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Post by SQLGeek »

Wasn't able to end up making it. Wife needed a bunch of dental work yesterday and I needed to watch the kiddos today.
Psalm 91:2

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Vol Texan »

We had a great breakfast this morning.

In attendance (working around the table): We had a lot to talk about. Josh joined us because he knew his dad John always mentioned the CHL Forum breakfast, and he wanted to join in to honor his father and share some stories with us. He then surprised us and picked up the breakfast tab for all.

SIA came down from the DFW area to break bread with us. Great guy to talk with!

And of course, the after action reviews of the White Settlement incident. There are always great lessons to learn, from both the good and the bad outcomes of that day.

Such a great group of folks - every last one. I don't make it often enough because of the distance, but I always leave these events with a strong feeling of camaraderie.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

WildBill
Posts in topic: 102

Post by WildBill »

It was a great breakfast this morning. Many familiar faces today and a couple new ones.
I am so glad that Josh took the time to come down to introduce himself to the group
and tell us more about his father, John [twomillenium]. It makes me wish I had gotten to know him better.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 163

Post by LDB415 »

It was a great breakfast together. It was really nice meeting Josh and visiting to talk about John. Having SIA in town was nice. And Chris and Bella are always a nice surprise. Bella is quite impressive. She probably won't be the first female President but she certainly could be one or anything else she chooses. I hope I live long enough to hear a lot of proud stories from Chris.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

FL450
Posts in topic: 86

Post by FL450 »

It was a great breakfast
We waited out front to say hood buy but a few got away behind our backs
Good meeting Surprise I am armed
Always a pleasure to have Ms Bella Vol Texan join us
And an hone to have Josh there representing his dad who we will all miss
Thank you Josh for picking up the tab
Your dad will be greatly missed
Till next month
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

It was great to meet all of you who showed up at the breakfast. I played show-and-tell with the Zeis alcohol wipes, my low-cost 400 lumen flashlights, and the number plate thing.

What I also wanted to show all of you was the nice 2nd Amendment challenge coins that my pal flightmare gives out, every time we have a new member attend one of our North Texas breakfasts (Frisco, Arlington, Hudson Oaks). I knew I had put it someplace safe, but couldn't find it to bring in to the breakfast. Wouldn't you know it, as I was getting ready to leave the breakfast venue in Pearland, I found it in my car's cupholder! These safe places are great, until you can't remember them!

As far as LTC breakfasts go, Houston/Pearland and the 3 DFW venues are all going great, with steady attendance.

El Paso doesn't have any. I started a thread for Austin/San Antonio LTC's to get their breakfasts going. Result: crickets.

I tried to get "1st Saturday. Terrell/Tyler/East Texas" going, but that sputtered out quickly.

If forum members in these other areas got their breakfasts going, they would meet a whole new set of friends with whom to trade stories.

Oh well......1st world problems! Happy trails all!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 247

Post by puma guy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:34 pm It was great to meet all of you who showed up at the breakfast. I played show-and-tell with the Zeis alcohol wipes, my low-cost 400 lumen flashlights, and the number plate thing.

What I also wanted to show all of you was the nice 2nd Amendment challenge coins that my pal flightmare gives out, every time we have a new member attend one of our North Texas breakfasts (Frisco, Arlington, Hudson Oaks). I knew I had put it someplace safe, but couldn't find it to bring in to the breakfast. Wouldn't you know it, as I was getting ready to leave the breakfast venue in Pearland, I found it in my car's cupholder! These safe places are great, until you can't remember them!

As far as LTC breakfasts go, Houston/Pearland and the 3 DFW venues are all going great, with steady attendance.

El Paso doesn't have any. I started a thread for Austin/San Antonio LTC's to get their breakfasts going. Result: crickets.

I tried to get "1st Saturday. Terrell/Tyler/East Texas" going, but that sputtered out quickly.

If forum members in these other areas got their breakfasts going, they would meet a whole new set of friends with whom to trade stories.

SIA
SIA, I'm glad you mafe it down and hope you hsd a safe trip back. I'm sorry I missed the breakfast. I was headed south from Mansfield Thursday so we may have been near one another, though I jumped onto Hwy 75 at Leona to miss the construction area. I knew you'd feel welcomed by our group as I was when I visited y'all up north. Hopefully I can make it again when I visit my daughter in Mansfield, sooner than later. Happy trails to you, too!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:34 pm It was great to meet all of you who showed up at the breakfast. I played show-and-tell with the Zeis alcohol wipes, my low-cost 400 lumen flashlights, and the number plate thing.

SIA
SIA, I'm glad you made it down and hope you had a safe trip back. I'm sorry I missed the breakfast. I was headed south from Mansfield Thursday, so we may have been near one another, though I jumped onto Hwy 75 at Leona to miss the construction area. I knew you'd feel welcomed by our group as I was when I visited y'all up north. Hopefully I can make it again when I visit my daughter in Mansfield, sooner than later. Happy trails to you, too! puma guy

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Well, another month has zipped by and First Friday is almost upon us. I missed last month's get together, but barring rising creeks or alien invasions I will be there. For any auditing this thread we meet at Kelley's Country Cookin' in Pearland on Broadway (FM 518) @ 8:30 AM.

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 163

Post by LDB415 »

Unless the aliens interfere somehow I will be there and am looking forward to another good meal and great company.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SQLGeek »

Dang it, I need the first Friday to lineup with my Fridays off. :/

Looks like June will be the next one.
Psalm 91:2

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I can't make it this month. :cryin

Chas.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 pm Well, another month has zipped by and First Friday is almost upon us. I missed last month's get together, but barring rising creeks or alien invasions I will be there. For any auditing this thread we meet at Kelley's Country Cookin' in Pearland on Broadway (FM 518) @ 8:30 AM.
My son lives in Pearland. Every time I visit I make him take me to Kelley's for breakfast, I love their Chicken Fried Steak breakfast. Oh man. With biskits and country gravy! Good golly! Great food.

The first time I saw the size of that thing I started laughing. Haha

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:24 am
puma guy wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 pm Well, another month has zipped by and First Friday is almost upon us. I missed last month's get together, but barring rising creeks or alien invasions I will be there. For any auditing this thread we meet at Kelley's Country Cookin' in Pearland on Broadway (FM 518) @ 8:30 AM.
My son lives in Pearland. Every time I visit I make him take me to Kelley's for breakfast, I love their Chicken Fried Steak breakfast. Oh man. With biskits and country gravy! Good golly! Great food.

The first time I saw the size of that thing I started laughing. Haha
If you're ever visiting your son on the first Friday of the month stop by and join us.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 102

Post by WildBill »

A small turnout this month, but still a great breakfast meeting.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”