TX: Dallas LTC holder fends off robbers at home cookout

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Dallas LTC holder fends off robbers at home cookout

Post by Grayling813 »

Texas man with license to carry shoots, kills suspected robber at home cookout
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man-sh ... -amendment
The three unidentified suspects approached the front yard where guests were socializing and attempted to rob them at gunpoint. Two of the suspects had handguns, police told FOX4 Dallas-Fort Worth.

An unnamed man, who was a licensed handgun carrier visiting the residence, drew his weapon and shot one suspect, police said in the release. The two other suspects escaped and remain at-large.

threoh8

Re: TX: Dallas LTC holder fends off robbers at home cookout

Post by threoh8 »

Not that it matters, but that's just a few blocks from the Barrow family home/gas station on Singleton (then Eagle Ford Road). As in Clyde Barrow, Bonnie's boyfriend.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

There is a use for a barbeque gun.

:fire

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 am There is a use for a barbeque gun.

:fire
Haha. Yeah, it could have gone down differently. “Man draws his pristine Cabot 1911 on suspected robber but decides not to shoot as it would greatly affect the firearms value.”

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

papabear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by papabear »

Good example of why to carry at home all the time. Thank the Lord a good guy w/ a gun was there again.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Ironically enough, my wife just gave me grief for carrying during a barbeque at my house. My daughter is headed back to college today, so I decided to smoke a brisket for her on Sunday. My wife took a picture of me carving up the meat, and posted it to Facebook, where she immediately got comments because my 1911 was visible on my hip. She asked if I really needed to carry all the time. I think this story helps to answer that question.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am Ironically enough, my wife just gave me grief for carrying during a barbeque at my house. My daughter is headed back to college today, so I decided to smoke a brisket for her on Sunday. My wife took a picture of me carving up the meat, and posted it to Facebook, where she immediately got comments because my 1911 was visible on my hip. She asked if I really needed to carry all the time. I think this story helps to answer that question.
As you learn in the MSF motorcyle course (and it applies to us too) ATGATT... All the gear, all the time.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Here is the Dalls PD statement about the shooting.

https://dpdbeat.com/2020/01/11/informat ... go-street/
On January 10, 2020, at approximately 11:55 p.m., residents of a home in the 3400 block of Chicago Street were hosting a social gathering in their front yard, when three black male suspects approached and robbed them at gunpoint. One of the individuals visiting the home, a 25-year-old Latin male, was a licensed handgun carrier. He produced his firearm and shot one of the suspects, who has not yet been identified. The suspect was transported to an area hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. The other two suspects fled the location and remain at large.

The individual who shot the suspect was interviewed by detectives with the Homicide Unit at Dallas Police Headquarters and provided a statement regarding the incident. He was released by police and this case will be referred to a Dallas County Grand Jury.
If the LTC was questioned and released by Dallas PD, does the mention of a Grand Jury mean the DA will seek and indictment for the LTC for killing the robber? Or does it maybe mean that the DA will seek an indictment for the other two robbers that fled the scene?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Lynyrd wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:02 pm
If the LTC was questioned and released by Dallas PD, does the mention of a Grand Jury mean the DA will seek and indictment for the LTC for killing the robber? Or does it maybe mean that the DA will seek an indictment for the other two robbers that fled the scene?
My money is on no-billing the LTC guy and felony/law of the parties murder indictment for the robbers.
USAF 1982-2005

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

For sure. Carry 24-7 or guess right. This would have turned out bad
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

longtooth wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm For sure. Carry 24-7 or guess right. This would have turned out bad
I tell my wife I am a bad guesser so I carry 24/7.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:55 pm
longtooth wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm For sure. Carry 24-7 or guess right. This would have turned out bad
I tell my wife I am a bad guesser so I carry 24/7.
Me too sir. :thumbs2:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”