TX: The mean streets of Clute

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: The mean streets of Clute

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... unishment/

Junior High teacher on leave after several students injured after the entire PE class was were forced to bear crawl around the track as punishment for a few students skipping class. Photos showed blisters on students hands some open with ooze and dirt in them.

What happened to just making them run laps on the track all class?

Clute is South of Houston, Southwest of Galveston near the coast.

papabear

Re: TX: The mean streets of Clute

Post by papabear »

I am old and when young & in school we had to do that some too. They did have sense enough to put us on the football field in the grass. No tender girls. just baseball and football that I remember.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

We always did ours in the grass as well.
NRA Benefactor Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Like the above. I played baseball. We had to do that and ran laps. All ground work was in the outfield grass. No excuse for that at all. Like the parents, I count that a firing offense too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

loktite

Post by loktite »

for disciplinary we had "hard yards" - 100 yd sprint, 100 yd backpedal, 100 yd bear crawl, 100 yd backpedal, 100 yd sprint. Thankfully i only had to participate in one group hard yard
NRA Endowment Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

We always did bear crawls in the grass as well. But we also endured much tougher things than bear crawls. I still remember doing "grudge" boxing at San Jacinto in Pasadena texas. It was the solution for us getting into fights with each other. We would box until somebody gave up. Kids now are pansies. I spent a whole week going in after school and getting five swats a day for one of my transgressions. Like I said, these kids are pansies. They are being raised to be feminine. They are slowly working that "toxic masculinity" out of the boys.

dlh
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dlh »

My high-school gym coach was Ray Alborne. One day in my junior year around 1969 at Sharpstown HIgh Ray said you! you! and you! We were sitting in the bleachers as it was a rainy day. He ordered us into his office...Bend over! Whack! Whack! Whack! Yep, three pops to my posterior! As he was delivering the punishment he was yelling I won't have my shoes on in the bleachers again! I had no idea we were not supposed to have our shoes on in the bleachers. Hurt my pride at the time but no permanent damage--now 50 years later I just laugh about it.
He went on to become head football coach at Rice University.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

03Lightningrocks

dlh wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:00 pm My high-school gym coach was Ray Alborne. One day in my junior year around 1969 at Sharpstown HIgh Ray said you! you! and you! We were sitting in the bleachers as it was a rainy day. He ordered us into his office...Bend over! Whack! Whack! Whack! Yep, three pops to my posterior! As he was delivering the punishment he was yelling I won't have my shoes on in the bleachers again! I had no idea we were not supposed to have our shoes on in the bleachers. Hurt my pride at the time but no permanent damage--now 50 years later I just laugh about it.
It always seemed like the coaches would put some extra spit in them swats. We would rather get five swats from the principal than three from our coaches. I swear i caught a coach making a running start once when he gave me swats. :smilelol5:

dlh

Post by dlh »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:21 pm
dlh wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:00 pm My high-school gym coach was Ray Alborne. One day in my junior year around 1969 at Sharpstown HIgh Ray said you! you! and you! We were sitting in the bleachers as it was a rainy day. He ordered us into his office...Bend over! Whack! Whack! Whack! Yep, three pops to my posterior! As he was delivering the punishment he was yelling I won't have my shoes on in the bleachers again! I had no idea we were not supposed to have our shoes on in the bleachers. Hurt my pride at the time but no permanent damage--now 50 years later I just laugh about it.
It always seemed like the coaches would put some extra spit in them swats. We would rather get five swats from the principal than three from our coaches. I swear i caught a coach making a running start once when he gave me swats. :smilelol5:
:thumbs2:
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:25 pm We always did bear crawls in the grass as well. But we also endured much tougher things than bear crawls. I still remember doing "grudge" boxing at San Jacinto in Pasadena texas. It was the solution for us getting into fights with each other. We would box until somebody gave up. Kids now are pansies. I spent a whole week going in after school and getting five swats a day for one of my transgressions. Like I said, these kids are pansies. They are being raised to be feminine. They are slowly working that "toxic masculinity" out of the boys.
If a day didn't go by where I didn't get swats I was having an off day.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

:smilelol5:

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

We had a coach who administered discipline in the showers so the crack from that sawed down baseball bat would echo around the locker room.

I had a 'Government' class after that athletics period. Teacher wouldn't even bat an eye when I'd stand in the back of the class rather than sit down. :biggrinjester:

BUT, the blisters on these middle school kids palms? That's unacceptable.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

03Lightningrocks

Scott B. wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:08 am We had a coach who administered discipline in the showers so the crack from that sawed down baseball bat would echo around the locker room.

I had a 'Government' class after that athletics period. Teacher wouldn't even bat an eye when I'd stand in the back of the class rather than sit down. :biggrinjester:

BUT, the blisters on these middle school kids palms? That's unacceptable.
My first thought was HOLY COW, that guy was a pervert. LOL... then I got to thinking, he did not say "while showering".

I do agree the choice of surfaces for the bear crawl is not good. Maybe the kids were afraid of getting their Iphones wet so he let them stay off the grass. Kids now days don't do outside much and grass probably frightens them. Unless it is the kind one smokes.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

"The coach gave us licks in the shower..." sounded much, much worse.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Return to “The Crime Blotter”