Keep an eye on Virginia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

Post by rtschl »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:27 pm Watch African-American Gun Owners Completely Destroy the Left's Latest 'White Supremacist' Narrative
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... e-n2559807

The media has got to be so disappointed. They'll probably bury the story as it doesn't fit their narrative nor did their paranoia about the armed citizens showing up to the capitol for the rally come to fruition. There were diverse groups supporting the 2A RKBA, including minorities, gays, black panthers, and others - all peaceably. They even picked up trash as they left:

Here are some of the images you will not see in the media:

Ron
NRA Member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

looks like no arrests or incidents

love the trash got picked up, most was there before they all arrived.

:biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

So, to sum up what I read about today:

1. The new Democratic majority in control of the Virginia state legislature and the Governor's mansion introduced several bills that are anti-gun.
2. Many Virginians were against the proposed bills.
3. 90% of the Virginia counties passed resolutions against the proposed laws.
4. The VDCL (the Virginia equivalent of the TSRA) holds an annual meeting with the legislature day and this year's was very well attended.
5. The Governor and legislature showed their fear of the people by fencing off the area and passing an emergency measure to ban guns on the Capitol grounds. They claim this is in response to credible threats of violence.
6. The mainstream media talks about how violent the protest is expected to become, including rumors of Antifa and White Supremacists coming planning to be violent.
7. About 22,000 people show up for the protest, 16,000 of them legally and openly armed.
8. There is one person arrested for wearing a mask at a public event (that law says a lot about the government there in and of itself).
9. After a peaceful demonstration, the protestors even clean up after themselves.
10. The mainstream media claims that the 22,000 protestors do not actually speak for the majority of gun owners who favor the law, despite the fact that there were no counter-protests at all.

This leaves me with two questions in my mind:

1. Anyone want to bet that the proposed laws get passed anyway?
2. Why do we not start having a TSRA day each legislative session here in Texas? I used to go when the TMRA2 (Texas Motorcycle Rights Association) had their legislative day. We had about 3000 motorcyclists show up each time and meet individually with their representatives and senators. It worked wonders for the state of motorcycle laws in Texas, even when we were talking with people known to oppose our desires. Letting the legislators meet the actual people who supported the issue made it personal instead of a faceless "enemy". Given the current effectiveness of the TSRA, we may not need this, but I think it would be a good idea. It is hard to get a lot of people to come down during the week during the session, but I really think it is worth it and worth burning a vacation day if necessary.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

srothstein wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 pm
2. Why do we not start having a TSRA day each legislative session here in Texas? I used to go when the TMRA2 (Texas Motorcycle Rights Association) had their legislative day. We had about 3000 motorcyclists show up each time and meet individually with their representatives and senators. It worked wonders for the state of motorcycle laws in Texas, even when we were talking with people known to oppose our desires. Letting the legislators meet the actual people who supported the issue made it personal instead of a faceless "enemy". Given the current effectiveness of the TSRA, we may not need this, but I think it would be a good idea. It is hard to get a lot of people to come down during the week during the session, but I really think it is worth it and worth burning a vacation day if necessary.
Think how much cleaner downtown Austin would be after we were there :mrgreen:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Did I not see on FOX tonight that the VA dimocraps had backed off of their proposed gun control restrictions? :headscratch

Seanzky

Post by Seanzky »

I watched Breitbart's live stream today and I swear I've never seen so many black, Hispanic and Asian white supremacists before. So many guns and so much ammo and not a single shot fired. It's as if the statistics about gun deaths by legal gun owners is true or something. Amazing.
Last edited by Seanzky on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Sean

bbhack
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bbhack »

Seanzky wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 pm I watched Breitbart's live stream today and I swear I've never seen so many black, Hispanic and Asian wite supremacists before. So many guns and so much ammo and not a single shot fired. It's as if the statistics about gun deaths by legal gun owners is true or something. Amazing.
They are becoming known as WSOC - white supremacists of color.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Seanzky

Post by Seanzky »

bbhack wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:42 am
Seanzky wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 pm I watched Breitbart's live stream today and I swear I've never seen so many black, Hispanic and Asian white supremacists before. So many guns and so much ammo and not a single shot fired. It's as if the statistics about gun deaths by legal gun owners is true or something. Amazing.
Is that what leftists call it now? Hahahaha. Hillarious. It's funny because on one side you have actual openly racist folks and on the other side you have the most toxic closet racists.
--Sean

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Seanzky wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
Seanzky wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 pm I watched Breitbart's live stream today and I swear I've never seen so many black, Hispanic and Asian white supremacists before. So many guns and so much ammo and not a single shot fired. It's as if the statistics about gun deaths by legal gun owners is true or something. Amazing.
Is that what leftists call it now? Hahahaha. Hillarious. It's funny because on one side you have actual openly racist folks and on the other side you have the most toxic closet racists.
I believe there's plenty of both open racists and toxic closest racists on both ends of the political spectrum, and plenty in between.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am
Seanzky wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
I believe there's plenty of both open racists and toxic closest racists on both ends of the political spectrum, and plenty in between.
I believe very few people are actually racist in the classic definition of racism. I truly believe the vast majority of people do not consider skin color as a determining factor for ones value. Racism has not been a factor in this country for at least 10 years and probably longer. The left has worked hard to revive it but the vast majority of people accused of racism have not actually shown to be racist. The term is used to disparage and divide people into voting groups.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Journalist account of Richmond rally. Surprisingly positive and actual journalism.
Good read.

https://spectator.org/virginia-is-for-gun-lovers/

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 74novaman »

srothstein wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:13 pm 2. Why do we not start having a TSRA day each legislative session here in Texas?
I think it would be an outstanding thing for them to start now, before we end up in a similar situation to Virginia.

Everybody meet up outside, folks go visit their reps from their area and say hello, express support or opposition for whatever our congress critters are dreaming up for that session gun wise.

It would be impactful if enough of us showed up.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

74novaman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:38 pm It would be impactful if enough of us showed up.
And the actors who tend to give the rest of us a bad name stay home instead of making scenes with elected officials.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/01/2 ... nals-guns/

Dems kill bill affecting criminals with guns. They just want to prevent honest citizens from having guns.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”