State of the union 2020

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Re: State of the union 2020

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Gives her two addresses and a link where to get a copy of the speech.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

I don't engage with crazy people, and Pelosi is certifiably nuts.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

puma guy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am Did anyone else notice Nancy Pelosi's crystal bar set as opposed to Mike Pence's simple glass of water? Very interesting why there appears to be three decanters. Wonder what they might contain.
I suppose it's too much to hope, that one of them is hemlock...... "rlol"
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

philip964 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:44 pm There is a new internet thing out there.

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Ha! I had the same idea. Once again, I wasn't very original, but I think I might do it.

Tearing up a state of the union speech, a thing mandated in the Constitution, is at least tearing up a bit of American history. I can also see an argument for saying it's a little like burning the flag.

Personally, I was inspired. When he mentioned the Second Amendment, the hair stood up on my arms (and then again when he said America would plant a flag on Mars).

Since Reagan's first state of the union, I have tried to hear every one, and I have a personal ritual of American freedom I always practice. I like to respectfully and carefully clean a firearm while I watch and listen.

Last night, my Kimber got a good therapeutic scrubbing and my lever guns got a wipe-down. USA! USA! USA! :txflag:

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

puma guy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am Did anyone else notice Nancy Pelosi's crystal bar set as opposed to Mike Pence's simple glass of water? Very interesting why there appears to be three decanters. Wonder what they might contain.
I had to find a picture and look for myself. Yep, you are correct. 3 silver containers on a silver tray... weird
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

treadlightly wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Since Reagan's first state of the union, I have tried to hear every one, and I have a personal ritual of American freedom I always practice. I like to respectfully and carefully clean a firearm while I watch and listen.

Last night, my Kimber got a good therapeutic scrubbing and my lever guns got a wipe-down. USA! USA! USA! :txflag:
Awesome tradition!!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

One thing really stood out to me last night...

His previous SOU addresses, while very good were liberally peppered with "I did this" and "I did that". It almost seemed there was a danger of breaking his arm from patting himself on the back.

Last night was much more subdued, using "we did this" and giving (or at least sharing) credit with others much more often. He sounded much less narcissistic. I think it was a much better look for him.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am I had to laugh at all of the dumbocrat women wearing white. Kind of looked like I had gone to ministry trip at a Texas prison. All of the prisoners except trustees, wear all white.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 pm
RPBrown wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am I had to laugh at all of the dumbocrat women wearing white. Kind of looked like I had gone to ministry trip at a Texas prison. All of the prisoners except trustees, wear all white.
What a group of privileged wealthy women claiming something they are not.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Pelosi can go sit in a sandbox and cry, what a disgrace.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Keith B wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:50 pm Maybe she’s updating her resume.... :lol:
After the impeachment failure, Joe Biden taking 4th place in the primary, and the SOTU2020... Nancy knows in her heart the establishment democrats are finished... and she'll be out of power soon, so she moved quickly to destroy the evidence of her crimes :biggrinjester:

What was amazing to me was that so many of the Dems looked genuinely depressed that a record number of American's are now employed. Their reaction to Trump's speech clearly demonstrated to every American that watched it that the Democrats are the party of power hungry imperialists who simply want to buy votes with taxpayer money other government favors. All too many Dems chose NOT to celebrate America's success and do not support the US Constitution, as seen by their reaction to Trump's statement of support of the 2nd Amendment. My hats off the the Dems that did celebrate America's success. Power obsessed America haters are a cancer to this nation.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

treadlightly wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm

“Send Nancy a New Copy”

Ha! I had the same idea. Once again, I wasn't very original, but I think I might do it.

Tearing up a state of the union speech, a thing mandated in the Constitution, is at least tearing up a bit of American history. I can also see an argument for saying it's a little like burning the flag.

Personally, I was inspired. When he mentioned the Second Amendment, the hair stood up on my arms (and then again when he said America would plant a flag on Mars).

:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”