RottenApple

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: RottenApple

Post by Pawpaw »

He seems to be doing well... working on an aquarium.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I had aquariums for about ten years before it just got out of hand. It was like buying guns. Aquariums are very therapeutic. I can remember being stressed out late at night and just watching the fish swim around with the lights out in the house. It would literally take me away from problems.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Sending prayers to your son.

You mentioned that you and your bride are not well enough to sit around the hospital, monitoring the situation.

Even for healthier people, though, having to travel from Hunt County to Richardson (Dallas or Collin County), is kind of a hike.
One that would not be easy to do on a continuous basis.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RottenApple »

Good morning, Everyone. Thank you very much for the prayers and well wishes.

I had a cardiology appointment yesterday. Absolutely love my Dr. No nonsense, but has a terrific sense of humor. I asked him when I could ride my Harley again. He looked at his watch, said "It's 1130 so I'd say about 1131". 😎 I can possible return to work (light duty) next Wednesday. Depends on if this cough is gone by then or not.

All in all, this has been one heck of a terrifying wakeup call. Per the Doc, it's not that my health was that bad (because it really wasn't), but the stress that I was under. So now I get to eat a bit better than before, cut out smoking (already WAY down from where I was), and have to reduce stress in my life (hence the aquarium).

Thank you all. With my Dr's help, and G-d willing, I'll be here with you all for a long time.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

this sounds like great news! I'm so glad you're doing better!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:45 am I had aquariums for about ten years before it just got out of hand. It was like buying guns. Aquariums are very therapeutic. I can remember being stressed out late at night and just watching the fish swim around with the lights out in the house. It would literally take me away from problems.
Dual 300W heaters just arrived. Now I get to set up the pump & heaters, and then fill. Waiting on freshwater plants (from seed) to arrive. Once I've got water & temp balanced (about 2 weeks or so), and have some vegetation going, then come the fish. While I'll have the usual cleaners, the main attraction is 2 Alligator Gars. They'll be 3-4 inches long to start.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

RottenApple wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:07 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:45 am I had aquariums for about ten years before it just got out of hand. It was like buying guns. Aquariums are very therapeutic. I can remember being stressed out late at night and just watching the fish swim around with the lights out in the house. It would literally take me away from problems.
Dual 300W heaters just arrived. Now I get to set up the pump & heaters, and then fill. Waiting on freshwater plants (from seed) to arrive. Once I've got water & temp balanced (about 2 weeks or so), and have some vegetation going, then come the fish. While I'll have the usual cleaners, the main attraction is 2 Alligator Gars. They'll be 3-4 inches long to start.
This is our aquarium.
CD9E0FD0-648A-490C-85B1-EAABDF90E315.jpeg
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

RPBrown wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:55 pmThis is our aquarium.
CD9E0FD0-648A-490C-85B1-EAABDF90E315.jpeg
That is awesome. If I owned my home, I'd definitely do a pond. The only thing I'd do different is a "reverse fishbowl" that allowed the fish to come up above the surface. But that's just me.

03Lightningrocks

RottenApple wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:07 pm
Cool fish! How large is the tank. I started out with a ten gallon and within about a month went to 30. I eventually worked my way to a 200 gallon. That was one big aquarium. I took it all down because we were moving and never set it back up again at our new home.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:24 pmCool fish! How large is the tank. I started out with a ten gallon and within about a month went to 30. I eventually worked my way to a 200 gallon. That was one big aquarium. I took it all down because we were moving and never set it back up again at our new home.
It's a 100 gallon. Fairly decent size. Should house the gars for about 10 years. And yes, I plan on feeding them live fish.

03Lightningrocks

RottenApple wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:24 pmCool fish! How large is the tank. I started out with a ten gallon and within about a month went to 30. I eventually worked my way to a 200 gallon. That was one big aquarium. I took it all down because we were moving and never set it back up again at our new home.
It's a 100 gallon. Fairly decent size. Should house the gars for about 10 years. And yes, I plan on feeding them live fish.
Cool. A heads up on the gar. I had a Clown Knife. It was maybe 3 inches long when I got it. Withing a year it was over 6 inches long and had eaten every fish in my aquarium. I liked him so I kept feeding him gold fish until he was at least 2 pounds... He finally died after a couple years. It was fun while it lasted. Haha Those gar are gonna get really big before you know it. Enjoy!

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

AndyC wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm Good to hear you're on the mend - that must have been a terrifying experience.
Thank you, Andy. After this, I can honestly say I've never felt terror before in my life.

On top of that, one of the meds they put me on has caused an unproductive, dry, hacking cough. Especially at night. They pulled that med 2 days ago, but it'll take 7-10 days to clear up. Consequently, I'm not sleeping well because the cough keeps waking me up.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

RottenApple wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:23 pm
AndyC wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm Good to hear you're on the mend - that must have been a terrifying experience.
Thank you, Andy. After this, I can honestly say I've never felt terror before in my life.

On top of that, one of the meds they put me on has caused an unproductive, dry, hacking cough. Especially at night. They pulled that med 2 days ago, but it'll take 7-10 days to clear up. Consequently, I'm not sleeping well because the cough keeps waking me up.

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like they gave you Lisinopril.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”