Sig P365 XL???

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Sig P365 XL???

Post by The Annoyed Man »

A friend of mine got a 365XL for Christmas and showed to to me...the first 365 I’ve handled. It seemed well made, and had a nice heft to it, without seeming heavy. I don’t know if I like it well enough to want to buy one.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

strogg wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:31 am
flechero wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 am By nature if its job, a carry gun is subjected to a much more harsh environment than the rest of your safe and should require more frequent attention, not necessarily more attention per session. How do you define extra? How often did you pull the mag release out and clean/lube it? I suspect what you call extra, many would consider routine. (and I don't mean that in any kind of offensive way)

I agree with your sentiment but treating a carry gun like a range gun is asking for issues. A carry gun should be wiped down most regularly and cleaned/lubed much more often than a the rest of the stable, IMO.

:tiphat:
Let me clarify my statement. I do maintain carry guns more often than safe guns. I just have to put extra TLC into the Legion than I do any other carry gun, including other all metal firearms. The most comparable one that comes to mind is the Arex Zero 1 CP. I do not and have not ever had to clean the mag release on any firearm I've owned (not that I've never done it) except for the Legion. I honestly find it odd that I have to do that on a regular basis with it.

I do agree that what I find out of the ordinary is indeed routine for some. I am in the camp that believe overcleaning is possible, so I keep things to a minimum. Take that for what it's worth. Regardless, my SIG requires more maintenance and lube than the rest, which to me, is unacceptable, as it shows how finicky it is. I'd rather carry a less finicky firearm as a principle. To each his own, though.

Back on topic, I'm not trying to dissuade the OP from purchasing the SIG, I'm just giving him a fair warning on what might be expected. I'm not doubting the XL is a fantastic firearm, as SIG has fixed most issues stemming from the smaller brother. Otherwise, Tim from Military Arms Channel wouldn't still be carrying it, right?
We're pretty much in agreement... my ocd for cleaning and extra attention to carry guns may be overkill... and I think there is probably a happy medium out there somewhere. :tiphat:

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txhighlander »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm A friend of mine got a 365XL for Christmas and showed to to me...the first 365 I’ve handled. It seemed well made, and had a nice heft to it, without seeming heavy. I don’t know if I like it well enough to want to buy one.
I put one in my hand today, to small for me. The smallest carry pistol I have is a old school 3rd gen S&W 3914. Any smaller an I have problems shooting it as well as I like.
Truth against the world

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cmgee67 »

Good info thanks guys! I’m thinkin I am wanting to get into the RDS pistol game. I need to handle to XL. I have also looked at the Springfield hellcat and smith and Wesson shield 4” with a red dot.

The Annoyed Man

txhighlander wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm A friend of mine got a 365XL for Christmas and showed to to me...the first 365 I’ve handled. It seemed well made, and had a nice heft to it, without seeming heavy. I don’t know if I like it well enough to want to buy one.
I put one in my hand today, to small for me. The smallest carry pistol I have is a old school 3rd gen S&W 3914. Any smaller an I have problems shooting it as well as I like.
One of my two main carry guns is a G43, so the P365XL doesn’t seem that small to me. It seems a bigger than the G43 to me..... maybe closer to a G43X or a G48.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

What are some good optics ready guns? Obviously the Glock MOS guns but what else? Any come with dots already from the factory?

The Annoyed Man

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:12 pm What are some good optics ready guns? Obviously the Glock MOS guns but what else? Any come with dots already from the factory?
My friend’s 365 XL is optics ready.

#TINVOWOOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

For smaller carry guns, the Walther PPS, Sig Sauer 365 XL, and the Springfield Hellcat all have a version that ships w/ optic already mounted.

Medium to larger gun sizes. The new Sig Sauer 320 RXP and the RX ship with optics mounted.

I'm not sure who else ships w/ optic but I'm sure it will be a growing trend.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’m sure. It’s gettin super popular. I really believe it’s the future of handguns right now. One of these days it will be odd not to have a RDS on a handgun

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

cmgee67 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:09 pm I’m sure. It’s gettin super popular. I really believe it’s the future of handguns right now. One of these days it will be odd not to have a RDS on a handgun
M&P Performance Center Shield 4” barrel with optic
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/p ... tics-ready

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I like that shield. I have a shield I carried for a long time so already have mags. I wish my local gun store had those in stock I could look at.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”