Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by Lena »

I was told they had a contract to buy so much ammo and would stock it until it expired and stock was gone. Mine here sell firearms and still has ammo but not the variety they used to have. No new window signs either. On a positive note our ACE Hardware is considering selling ammo now and at very low pricing just to show Walmart also heard rumor of Tractor Supply
Stay Safe

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Deltaboy »

I still buying ammo at Wal-Mart :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

Lena wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:56 am I was told they had a contract to buy so much ammo and would stock it until it expired and stock was gone. Mine here sell firearms and still has ammo but not the variety they used to have. No new window signs either. On a positive note our ACE Hardware is considering selling ammo now and at very low pricing just to show Walmart also heard rumor of Tractor Supply
Sounds to me they care about money more than personal beliefs. If the board thinks its wrong, they should pull it from stock or destroy it or donate it to the local PD. But no, they want there profit, THEN they will stop. Games, games and more games...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

TreyHouston wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:07 pmSounds to me they care about money more than personal beliefs. If the board thinks its wrong, they should pull it from stock or destroy it or donate it to the local PD. But no, they want there profit, THEN they will stop. Games, games and more games...
I agree. I also keep thinking they may be trying to play both sides of a game. They made the anti-gunners happy by saying they will stop selling certain kinds of ammo. They claim they can't do it right away because of contracts and the loss, etc. After a while, they keep selling and people forget what they promised and just accept it. They can also claim they did stop since they ued some pretty loose definitions (short barreled rifle ammo?)/ But they try to keep gunners happy by still selling what ever makes them a profit.

The problem I see is that they miscalculated on gunners memories. I haven't forgotten when they stopped selling handguns, then they stopped selling "evil" black guns. Now they are stopping the sale of ammo that fits unpopular guns. I stopped buying any sporting goods at Walmart. If Academy has it, I won't go to Walmart for it. I wish I could stop shopping there completely, but there are too many things they carry that I can't find locally otherwise. I don't mean for the price, but not at all in my rural county.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:18 am
TreyHouston wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:07 pmSounds to me they care about money more than personal beliefs. If the board thinks its wrong, they should pull it from stock or destroy it or donate it to the local PD. But no, they want there profit, THEN they will stop. Games, games and more games...
I agree. I also keep thinking they may be trying to play both sides of a game. They made the anti-gunners happy by saying they will stop selling certain kinds of ammo. They claim they can't do it right away because of contracts and the loss, etc. After a while, they keep selling and people forget what they promised and just accept it. They can also claim they did stop since they ued some pretty loose definitions (short barreled rifle ammo?)/ But they try to keep gunners happy by still selling what ever makes them a profit.

The problem I see is that they miscalculated on gunners memories. I haven't forgotten when they stopped selling handguns, then they stopped selling "evil" black guns. Now they are stopping the sale of ammo that fits unpopular guns. I stopped buying any sporting goods at Walmart. If Academy has it, I won't go to Walmart for it. I wish I could stop shopping there completely, but there are too many things they carry that I can't find locally otherwise. I don't mean for the price, but not at all in my rural county.
This is likely an issue for many in rural communities.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

Dug up this,old thread, please forgive me! Today I had the manager at Wal-Mart in Saginaw ask me to conceal my Para, I pulled out my shirt and covered up my pistol, seemed kinda strange but no harm no foul. Later I stopped at my regular walmart in Azle and talked with one of the employees I know there that works on their loss prevention and told him about the Saginaw Walmart, he told me per Corporate directive that Manager violated corporate policy by discussing my LTC with me!
Hmmmm very interesting
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Lufkin, Angelina County, Wally World never gives a second look. Sams is w/in 60 yards of WM and the same there, not an issue at all. On occasion I see someone else OC at one or the other. I don't buy ammo there at all. I reload and any factory .22, 22Mag, I get at gun shop. I have found that 556/223 is so close to what I can load that for it is not worth it to me on single stage RCBS.

I don't like going to WM but there is really not a better choice for buying groceries here. HEB is no safer at all. In a really rough part of town and I sure don't want her there by herself. Only other choice here is Brookshire Brothers and they are probably 25% higher and that is a man looking at the price difference.
I eat a lot of fruit and WM has good fruit, a LOT better than Brookshire Brothers here..
No other chains or even independents. No Kroger, Safeway, Tom Thumb....None. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”