Need help with “Essential Businesses”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Need help with “Essential Businesses”

Post by NotRPB »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:54 pm
Liberty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm I find it strange that Houston Galveston and New York refuse to shut down public transit systems. People crammed into tin cans coughing and sneezing all the while moving them across town. How is this safer than eating at your favorite restaurant? Leftist hate automobiles but love taxpayer funded trains and busses.
Speaking of eating out. How is eating food prepared by others not risky. That is riskier than anything I can think of. All one has to do is take one look at any kitchen in any restaurant and you will see a dozen or more people running all over the place putting hands on the food. They sweat all over everything due to the heat. Then they touch everything as they put it in containers that they put their hands all over.
Virus found on surfaces 17 days AFTER everyone left the Princess cruise ship
I read that Virus ONLY lives 72 hours on Stainless Steel (What material do restaurants have for Food Prep surfaces?)...

Many people get "Essential Service worker/Provider" type letters for travel/fuel etc. Some Ham Radio Emergency Communications people know what I mean.
https://www.google.com/search?client=- ... CAo&uact=5

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:08 pm
Liberty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm I find it strange that Houston Galveston and New York refuse to shut down public transit systems. People crammed into tin cans coughing and sneezing all the while moving them across town. How is this safer than eating at your favorite restaurant? Leftist hate automobiles but love taxpayer funded trains and busses.
:iagree: It's absurd!

Chas.
:iagree: They're discovering NEW YORK SUBWAY spread their infection with everyone in close quarters & holding the stainless steel poles/hand rails etc. Virus lives 3 days/72 hours on Stainless Steel

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

delivering some household goods for friends tomorrow, we are meeting at gun club as it is half way for about all and remote location with few people.
Stay Safe

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

The law doesn’t know the law. They have no clue what is essential. From IRVING PD...
We understand there has been some confusion about the shelter in place order, and concerns that officers are stopping persons asking for documentation. Just to clarify and ease everyone’s mind, Irving Officers WILL NOT stop persons driving in our community just to ask for a letter or documentation supporting their need to be out of their residence. However, traffic violations are still being enforced as usual. We ask that everyone do their part by limiting your travel, abiding by the order and obeying all traffic laws. Let’s work together to keep our community safe. #IPDCares #COVID19 #FlattenTheCurve

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

https://abc7.com/6045568

Los Angeles reverses, gun stores are essential.

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

"On a positive note Denton County included gun and ammunition retailers as essential in their order which went into effect last night."

I just e-mailed County Judge Andy Eads. Informed him of pro bono class suspension for a small Baptist church Safety Team and record numbers of gun sales (by others). Respectfully asked him, that if Order is extended, to consider adding "Firearms Training & Testing Facilities" right after the verbiage "retail firearms sales".

Gobs of people out buying guns just now that don't know what they don't know. And can't get a complete license application into the system if they do.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Gobs of people out buying guns just now that don't know what they don't know. And can't get a complete license application into the system if they do

Kinda like trying to put on your parachute after you've jumped from the plane!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

parabelum wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 am I think hair cuts are essential. I am starting to look like Wolfman Jack!
At least you have hair Sir :woohoo

Side note, pm on the way for AC check if you’re available.
That is part of the problem. I have bunches of hair all around the sides of my head but am severely thinning on top. I look like a darned fool. I am about to try a DIY hair cut. I bought clippers a few years ago but after butchering my own hair have not tried it again.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

You can buy underwear at Walmart because Walmart sells food. Can't buy anything at Macy's. All are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, you go in some stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, etc. and people are just buying all kinds of stuff as usual.
Last edited by Ruark on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks

Ruark wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 am Yeah, you go in some stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, etc. and people are just buying all kinds of stuff as usual.
I was in Walmart on Tuesday picking up a water hose. The place was full of people buying everything but food. They were picking the garden department clean. I was in line behind a lady with three kids and a cart full of gardening supplies and plants. I kind of found it comforting that not everyone has been completely scared out of their minds.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I have several thoughts.

1. There was some discussion among the political leaders that there should be a "consistent" approach to the restrictions. Collin County is taking the heat for declaring all businesses essential because people from surrounding communities could go there to shop. I thought: consistent approach..hummmm. Welcome to gun control laws.

2. In that regard, several of the counties seem to copy-catting Dallas County. I would get that some of smaller counties around Harris or Travis might do the same. That is why the executive orders have the same language.

3. No politician is going to risk closing the liquor stores. It is said about code enforcement that they do it to the level the public will tolerate. I think closing liquor stores would exceed the public's tolerance.

4. Veering a bit off topic, NY is one of the hot spots for the virus. In February and even early March, their political leaders were encouraging risky behavior in public gatherings. The big Chinese new year's celebration is what bringing in a lot of business to that area and they were out there promoting it.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:55 am I have several thoughts.

1. There was some discussion among the political leaders that there should be a "consistent" approach to the restrictions. Collin County is taking the heat for declaring all businesses essential because people from surrounding communities could go there to shop. I thought: consistent approach..hummmm. Welcome to gun control laws.

2. In that regard, several of the counties seem to copy-catting Dallas County. I would get that some of smaller counties around Harris or Travis might do the same. That is why the executive orders have the same language.

3. No politician is going to risk closing the liquor stores. It is said about code enforcement that they do it to the level the public will tolerate. I think closing liquor stores would exceed the public's tolerance.

4. Veering a bit off topic, NY is one of the hot spots for the virus. In February and even early March, their political leaders were encouraging risky behavior in public gatherings. The big Chinese new year's celebration is what bringing in a lot of business to that area and they were out there promoting it.
I live in Plano which is in Collin county. Collin county is typically conservative. Even though it was left up o businesses if they want to close, most have closed. It is called freedom to choose. I hope Collin county does not cave in to pressure from the leftist leaning Dallas county and require something that should be our right to choose for ourselves. That bit about people coming into Collin county to shop is pure leftist propaganda(crappola).

The number 4 item on the list is why I made the post a few days ago saying that New York brought their issues on themselves. The woke culture of New York turns out to be a disaster. Good on them. Now we just need to keep them from bringing it to the great state of Texas. Time to close down our borders!

flechero

Post by flechero »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 am
Ruark wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 am Yeah, you go in some stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, etc. and people are just buying all kinds of stuff as usual.
I was in Walmart on Tuesday picking up a water hose. The place was full of people buying everything but food. They were picking the garden department clean. I was in line behind a lady with three kids and a cart full of gardening supplies and plants. I kind of found it comforting that not everyone has been completely scared out of their minds.
Most of us are caught up on projects and honey do's... or just out of materials for new ones.

JRG

Post by JRG »

[/quote]

That is part of the problem. I have bunches of hair all around the sides of my head but am severely thinning on top. I look like a darned fool. I am about to try a DIY hair cut. I bought clippers a few years ago but after butchering my own hair have not tried it again.
[/quote]

I have been buzz clipping my own hair for the past 20 years. Sure has save me some $$$ during that time.

Joe

Return to “Off-Topic”