KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Post by oljames3 »

Colion Noir wades in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPS6IA5z-Sw
No-Knock Warrants - Why The Breonna Taylor & Kenneth Walker Shooting Should Terrify Gun Owners
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jago668

Re: KT: Louisville woman killed by police after serving a no knock warrant. CHL boyfriend fired at plainclothed officers

Post by Jago668 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 pm Kentucky is KY. If the officers announced their presence, I am not sure how the home owner can claim they did not know it was the cops. This one should get interesting. I wonder if the cops had their body cams running. I do worry about the "no knock" warrants for this very reason.
The officer's knocking and announcing their presence is a fact in dispute. With the known fact that the officers had a warrant for a bogus address and an apparent bogus sighting of a car... this sounds like an incident similar to what happened in Houston. An officer lied and/or manufactured evidence to get the warrant... and allegedly did a poor job executing the warrant. In any event it was a bad raid with an unnecessary death.
If the raid took place at 1:30AM, it is quite likely that the residents didn't hear anything the officers may have said while entering. (I don't believe they announced anything, but I may be wrong.) I don't believe for one second that they knocked on the door several times before breaking in. They wouldn't have gotten a "no knock" warrant had they intended to do so.

Chas.
100% why everyone should have some form of recording at their door. Ring doorbell, security cameras from Harbor Freight, anything.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Paladin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:51 pm Kentucky is KY. If the officers announced their presence, I am not sure how the home owner can claim they did not know it was the cops. This one should get interesting. I wonder if the cops had their body cams running. I do worry about the "no knock" warrants for this very reason.
The officer's knocking and announcing their presence is a fact in dispute. With the known fact that the officers had a warrant for a bogus address and an apparent bogus sighting of a car... this sounds like an incident similar to what happened in Houston. An officer lied and/or manufactured evidence to get the warrant... and allegedly did a poor job executing the warrant. In any event it was a bad raid with an unnecessary death.
If the raid took place at 1:30AM, it is quite likely that the residents didn't hear anything the officers may have said while entering. (I don't believe they announced anything, but I may be wrong.) I don't believe for one second that they knocked on the door several times before breaking in. They wouldn't have gotten a "no knock" warrant had they intended to do so.

Chas.
:iagree:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/29/lmpd-o ... e-protest/

Louisville mayor suspends no knock warrants.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/louisvill ... 5671a.html

Police chief fired after no body cam footage of shooting death of Bbq restaurant owner near protest march.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Well that's a hot mess. The chief getting fired because someone either didn't have body cams or turned them off. And only a month before retirement? Big time wrongful termination lawsuit coming I would think.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/breonna-ta ... le-police/

Boyfriend claims stand you ground in shooting at police officers with no knock warrant.

Sues Louisville police.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/death-breonna-ta ... 26563.html

Apparently good reasons for police to be interested in Breonna Taylor. Jail house telephone conversations between her and the know drug guy who was the target. He visited her house 8 times in January. Observed one time leaving with a package. Drug guy said on phone she keeps all him money.

Oh and the target who was arrested the night Breonna Taylor was shot has skipped bail and is a fugitive.

No money or drugs found.

Still don’t like no knock warrants.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wlky.com/article/settlement ... y/34024403

Louisville will pay 12 million to the Taylor family.

There were also some police changes. None included stopping no knock warrants.

Does this mean Houston taxpayers will pay 24 million to the Tuttle family for the botched Harding street raid?

It’s been 18 months and still no answers.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

One officer has been indicted:

Ron
NRA Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Haven't seen it, but others reporting Kentucky AG in press conference just now saying it was NOT "no knock" and that information is corroborated.

So we've been lied to all this time. :banghead:

Link added:
Ron
NRA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rtschl wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm Haven't seen it, but others reporting Kentucky AG in press conference just now saying it was NOT "no knock" and that information is corroborated.

So we've been lied to all this time. :banghead:

Link added:
Bill Hemmer just said it was a no knock warrant again. At least the reporter reporting the story got it right saying it was NOT a no knock warrant. The media is just criminal in their reporting at times.

Christ! Now they are saying no knock warrant but the cops did knock and announce. It sux there is no body cam footage.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm Christ! Now they are saying no knock warrant but the cops did knock and announce. It sux there is no body cam footage.
That was my understanding. A no knock warrant was issued, but for some reason the officers decided knock and announce. KY Attorney General said there was corroboration on the knock and announcement.
Still, something feels off. Why would you knock with a no knock warrant? Body cam would sure clear up some of the mystery.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

BigGuy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:53 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm Christ! Now they are saying no knock warrant but the cops did knock and announce. It sux there is no body cam footage.
That was my understanding. A no knock warrant was issued, but for some reason the officers decided knock and announce. KY Attorney General said there was corroboration on the knock and announcement.
Still, something feels off. Why would you knock with a no knock warrant? Body cam would sure clear up some of the mystery.
:iagree: I was listening to an interview with one of the senior offices from Dallas PD on talk radio this afternoon. The officer said that one of the most important parts of gaining community support in some of these high profile (for right or wrong) is transparency. Sometimes, like in the Michael Brown matter with "hands up, don't shoot" the facts don't matter. In others, some straight information would help to keep the media from playing with facts. If any of the facts are true about packages of drugs being sent to her house by her previous boyfriend, some of the reasons for the raid are more clear. I've always had a problem with the no-knock premise that the evidence can be flushed down the toilet before the officers can get in to seize it. I'm not sure breaking down doors for the quantities of drugs that can be quickly flushed down toilets is the best strategy.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “The Crime Blotter”