George Floyd who died from drug overdose was from Texas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Man who died from knee to neck was from Texas

Post by Ruark »

srothstein wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:11 pm CNN says the preliminary autopsy report shows that the knee did not cause any injury or strangulation. The big question to ask yourself is if you can tell how much pressure he is putting on the man just from the video. Was it actually pressing on the carotid? Or across some other part of the neck.
I wouldn't be surprised. Eric Garner didn't die from a choke hold (he died from a heart attack in the hospital an hour and a half later). Michael Brown didn't have his hands up, and wasn't shot in the back. Treyvon Martin was a 6-foot thug with a backpack full of stolen jewelry, and was literally seconds away from killing Zimmerman if he hadn't shot him. Tamir Rice, the "boy with a toy gun" was a 200 pound teenager who pointed an airsoft replica at an officer. It goes on.

After the Eric Garner incident, blacks everywhere were claiming "I can't breath!" while being restrained for arrest. When officers let them up, they would take off running.

And now we have George Floyd. I can see the cop using that knee on the neck; Floyd was 6'6" and a muscular 300 pounds. He was huge. To that scrawny little cop, it was like restraining a horse. Maybe the knee caused his death, maybe it didn't. We will soon know.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 32

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:36 pm Seen on the internet...no idea of how completely accurate it is.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/re ... oyds-death

Also along with the picture was this unverified info:
The D.A. who decided not to charge him in the Wayne Reyes case was none other than Democratic Presidential hopeful Amy Klobuchar. Bet you won't see that on CNN
That is quite the rap sheet.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 78

Post by philip964 »

Protests in downtown Houston right now on live TV.

Saw on TV a white young man being arrested.

Saw broken windows on a police SUV. Something spray painted on it.

Water bottles being thrown at police officers.

One officer injured.

Mayor speaking on TV, appears directed at protesters.

Guy laying a big American flag on the pavement in middle of busy intersection forcing people to drive over it.

Daisy Cutter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Daisy Cutter »

When this broke, I did a quick search of Harris Co criminal records, and a George Floyd, 46, 6'6"/ 250 lbs popped out, but I sat on it because I didn't have a middle name or DOB on the Milwaukee man. What piqued my interest was the "gentle-giant-father-of-two" and "starting a new life" narrative, which usually means they are laying the groundwork for bad news. He has used various aliases, including Floyd Perry, and two DOBs.

Well the Chicago Tribune has confirmed my suspicions. He's got a pretty decent record here (Houston), culminating in a 2007 home invasion of a residence where he was the gunman who stuck a pistol in the stomach of the lady of the house. Looking for drugs and money. He was also the driver. In their haste to leave, they left one of their proteges behind, who fled on foot. Neighbor got the license and they were picked up.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-w ... story.html

Convictions, all from public record. Anyone can find this.

8-97 Drugs del. State Jail Felony
9-98 Theft from person (pled down from Agg. Robbery)
12-98 Theft.
8-01 Failure to ID fugitive. Class B Misd.
10-02 Possession State Jail Felony
1-03 Trespass. State Jail Felony
2-04 Del controlled substance. State Jail Felony
12-05 Possession/ Delivery. 2nd Deg Felony
11-07 Aggravated Robbery/ deadly weapon. Felony 1st Deg.
Discharged TDCJ 2013

I know that this doesn't justify excessive use of force on a suspect and I think the officers should be held accountable. I'm interested though in how the media have (almost) completely ignored his background. They must know. Its relevant because it speaks to his state of mind at the time of the arrest. If he had more counterfeit on him, in his vehicle, or at home, he would be facing prison again. Knowingly passing funny money is both a Federal and State felony.

I would want to know whether he was in his own car, and whether LE rolling up, had run a quick check on the plate and seen that owner was a violent felon, which would have put them into higher alert status. Also I'm curious why there is no video (shown) so far of how he ended up on the ground. Something set the officers off. Did he head-butt, bite, spit, or knee a groin? The fixed camera footage on the building next door could have shed some light on this.

Standing by for developments......

03Lightningrocks

Daisy Cutter wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm When this broke, I did a quick search of Harris Co criminal records, and a George Floyd, 46, 6'6"/ 250 lbs popped out, but I sat on it because I didn't have a middle name or DOB on the Milwaukee man. What piqued my interest was the "gentle-giant-father-of-two" and "starting a new life" narrative, which usually means they are laying the groundwork for bad news. He has used various aliases, including Floyd Perry, and two DOBs.

Well the Chicago Tribune has confirmed my suspicions. He's got a pretty decent record here (Houston), culminating in a 2007 home invasion of a residence where he was the gunman who stuck a pistol in the stomach of the lady of the house. Looking for drugs and money. He was also the driver. In their haste to leave, they left one of their proteges behind, who fled on foot. Neighbor got the license and they were picked up.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-w ... story.html

Convictions, all from public record. Anyone can find this.

8-97 Drugs del. State Jail Felony
9-98 Theft from person (pled down from Agg. Robbery)
12-98 Theft.
8-01 Failure to ID fugitive. Class B Misd.
10-02 Possession State Jail Felony
1-03 Trespass. State Jail Felony
2-04 Del controlled substance. State Jail Felony
12-05 Possession/ Delivery. 2nd Deg Felony
11-07 Aggravated Robbery/ deadly weapon. Felony 1st Deg.
Discharged TDCJ 2013

I know that this doesn't justify excessive use of force on a suspect and I think the officers should be held accountable. I'm interested though in how the media have (almost) completely ignored his background. They must know. Its relevant because it speaks to his state of mind at the time of the arrest. If he had more counterfeit on him, in his vehicle, or at home, he would be facing prison again. Knowingly passing funny money is both a Federal and State felony.

I would want to know whether he was in his own car, and whether LE rolling up, had run a quick check on the plate and seen that owner was a violent felon, which would have put them into higher alert status. Also I'm curious why there is no video (shown) so far of how he ended up on the ground. Something set the officers off. Did he head-butt, bite, spit, or knee a groin? The fixed camera footage on the building next door could have shed some light on this.

Standing by for developments......
I do feel there was excessive force used on the guy but kind of figured he was no choir boy. The media has an agenda and loves to create their own stories. Reporting on the guys actual history does not fit their narrative. They are stoking the flames of these riots. The only thing worse than a bad cop is the MSM and their cohorts.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 78

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking ... ive-inside

Rioters bust into CNN headquarters throw explosives inside.

College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta was damaged, vandalized and looted.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/video/689504

srothstein
Posts in topic: 14

Post by srothstein »

In several posts in this thread and another, I said I did not know enough about the incident in question and suggested we wait for a full investigation. I pointed out that the firing of the officers and threatening state and federal charges would not be the right thing to get them to cooperate. The officer with his knee on the man's neck was arrested and bail was set at $500,000. The attachment to this post is the affidavit for arrest and lists their probable cause. Interestingly enough, it cites the preliminary autopsy report. There is no completed full autopsy report yet.

For those who are sure the video tells enough to make up your minds, I strongly suggest you read this. I am more convinced than ever that we need to wait for a full investigation before making up our minds, especially when the media is reporting it the way they tend to.
chauvin-complaint.pdf
(338.8 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Steve Rothstein

striker55
Posts in topic: 11

Post by striker55 »

Officer's involved need to be looked at, we know in Houston there are a few bad eggs within the police department. Does not give people the right for civil disobedience, part of the blame is this damn virus. People are cooped up, no money coming in and they need to vent. Any time people are unhappy with law enforcement they think it's time to loot and set fires.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

striker55 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 am Officer's involved need to be looked at, we know in Houston there are a few bad eggs within the police department. Does not give people the right for civil disobedience, part of the blame is this damn virus. People are cooped up, no money coming in and they need to vent. Any time people are unhappy with law enforcement they think it's time to loot and set fires.
I believe the situation in Minneapolis, is about more than a single cop, It's not all about BLM either. If only 1% of the cops are abusive what are the odds that 4 of them would be at the same scene and allow the murder to unfold. Minneapolis has a long running record of not proscecuting Bad cops, Their premier politicians, Amy Kobuchar rose to national prominence on a reputation of being tough on crime, but soft on cops. We need to be honest here. The city is rotten to the core. While there is no excuse for the destruction of private property, and for the riots in the other cities. I do believe that the attacks on the police and their building is justified. We are given our 1st and 2nd amendment rights as a defense against an oppressive government.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

parabelum
Posts in topic: 16

Post by parabelum »

“ 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, “want to roll him on
his side.” Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, “I couldn’t find one.” None of the officers moved from their positions”

So even after he checked for pulse and found none, they remained on him for at least couple more minutes. No attempt to save him?

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 am In several posts in this thread and another, I said I did not know enough about the incident in question and suggested we wait for a full investigation. I pointed out that the firing of the officers and threatening state and federal charges would not be the right thing to get them to cooperate. The officer with his knee on the man's neck was arrested and bail was set at $500,000. The attachment to this post is the affidavit for arrest and lists their probable cause. Interestingly enough, it cites the preliminary autopsy report. There is no completed full autopsy report yet.

For those who are sure the video tells enough to make up your minds, I strongly suggest you read this. I am more convinced than ever that we need to wait for a full investigation before making up our minds, especially when the media is reporting it the way they tend to.

chauvin-complaint.pdf
Thanks for posting this link. I have a question. It says
The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m.
Why would they do that? If Floyd was being arrested and was already in the squad car, why wouldn't he just be taken to jail? I've never understood why, once a subject has been constrained, they are not promptly driven away. This seems even more important if there is a crowd gathering. If they have decided not to make an arrest, telling the subject about that decision and removing the handcuffs seems appropriate.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

parabelum
Posts in topic: 16

Post by parabelum »

Also, I know many are, but I wish there was a requirement that to become LEO one must be a certified EMT. It is just a one semester course with clinicals but would help. Maybe unrelated to this but that’s my opinion.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

A number of Police Chiefs have commented that there is no restraint procedure that would include putting a knee on the neck. Regardless of the history of the victim, the officer clearly violated established norms, regardless of motive. I am also disturbed by the inaction of his fellow officers.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

03Lightningrocks

srothstein wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 am In several posts in this thread and another, I said I did not know enough about the incident in question and suggested we wait for a full investigation. I pointed out that the firing of the officers and threatening state and federal charges would not be the right thing to get them to cooperate. The officer with his knee on the man's neck was arrested and bail was set at $500,000. The attachment to this post is the affidavit for arrest and lists their probable cause. Interestingly enough, it cites the preliminary autopsy report. There is no completed full autopsy report yet.

chauvin-complaint.pdf
Reading that arrest report has caused me to second guess this whole thing. It says the preliminary autopsy shows the man did not die of strangulation. Watching that video sure made it look like the officer choked the guy out but now I am wondering about it. The hold the cop had on him may not be "regulation" but the guy may have expired just while being held down by the back and legs. Now I understand why they were saying they were not sure about the charges four days ago. I have to admit I jumped to conclusions on this one. That video had me all worked up. Holy smokes folks! What if the defendant did not directly cause the mans death?! I don't know what the charges would be but certainly not murder. Good lord! Thanks srothstein for posting this. We will see what the final autopsy says but by golly I was wrong to jump to conclusions.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Ruark »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:23 am Holy smokes folks! What if the defendant did not directly cause the mans death?! I don't know what the charges would be but certainly not murder. Good lord! Thanks srothstein for posting this. We will see what the final autopsy says but by golly I was wrong to jump to conclusions.
I won't make a bit of difference, just like the "correct, updated" information on Eric Garner, Michael Brown, et. al. didn't make any difference. In fact, the coroner has already been labeled as a racist tool of the police department, and the family is hiring a private autopsy (the same guy who autopsied Michael Brown) to find "the truth."

Sad. I just read that they ransacked and looted the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta. Ran off with autographed game balls, trophies, etc. What a freaking mess. Here we go again.
-Ruark

Return to “The Crime Blotter”