Former Arlington police officer indicted fatal shooting of 30-year-old woman

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
airbornecpa
Posts in topic: 1

Former Arlington police officer indicted fatal shooting of 30-year-old woman

Post by airbornecpa »

I remember this from last year, just watched the video again. ALWAYS be aware of what is beyond what you are shooting.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... old-woman/

Tragic situation.

parabelum

Re: Former Arlington police officer indicted fatal shooting of 30-year-old woman

Post by parabelum »

I can’t tell you how many times in the last 20 years over here I had a dog charge at me aggressively, and I have always been able to get the dog to go away with verbal aggression, that was completely unnecessary and yes, negligent.

03Lightningrocks

Re: Former Arlington police officer indicted fatal shooting of 30-year-old woman

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

parabelum wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm I can’t tell you how many times in the last 20 years over here I had a dog charge at me aggressively, and I have always been able to get the dog to go away with verbal aggression, that was completely unnecessary and yes, negligent.
Around 12 years ago my daughter had a chihuahua that was attacked by my neighbors pit bulls. That pit had him in his mouth and was just starting to shake his head back and forth. Without thinking about it I charged at the pit and kicked him in his side with everything my 265 pounds could muster. He released and for a second bristled up at me. I went straight at him ready to just knock him senseless. He turned and ran back across the driveway into his back yard. I have had other occasions where I stood a vicious dog down as well. So far I have not had to shoot any. But I would if i had to.

Late one night I even chased off a coyote that was eye balling me. I just stomped at him and yelled, Get Away from here. He took off.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

parabelum wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm I can’t tell you how many times in the last 20 years over here I had a dog charge at me aggressively, and I have always been able to get the dog to go away with verbal aggression, that was completely unnecessary and yes, negligent.
Just the other day I was riding my bicycle around my neighborhood. I had just turned a corner and noticed a dog leaving someone's yard and chasing me from behind. I did just as you did, I kinda growled "NO" to it and pointed my finger at it's face. The dog stopped in it's tracks as if it was in trouble. Makes for an amusing story now, but I didn't really have "less than lethal" with me when I was riding. That may have to change.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I've seen the video - he wasn't a very good shot. The dog "attacking" him (not a large dog) was over here --> and the woman who was shot and killed was way over <--. Had it been one of us, we probably would have been arrested on the spot. If he's smart, he'll get a good attorney and try and seek a plea deal as soon as possible.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Return to “The Crime Blotter”