ATF ruling AR and AK pistols are now AOW!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

ATF ruling AR and AK pistols are now AOW!

Post by XDgal »

I just watched Guns and Gadgets video on youtube detailing how the ATF is proceeding to list AR and AK pistols as "Any Other Weapon", thus needing a tax stamp. He also noted that if you assembled it yourself you could be charged with manufacturing a firearm without a license, a felony. This is in spite of Trump's executive order to stop any new regulations. This does not look good.
XDgal

Aggie_engr

Re: ATF ruling AR and AK pistols are now AOW!

Post by Aggie_engr »

I just watched the same video which was posted over on arfcom. He is recommending that everyone contact their reps to reel in the ATF. He makes the assertion that the ATF has been writing letters creating a “wish list” of sorts hedging on a Biden win so they have the political support to move forward with these restrictions.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

ATF needs to be slapped down hard along,with the FBI, time for the top echelon to be given their retirement papers! Bring in new blood with orders to get their house in orders! Maybe a write in campaign to DJT after reelection!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

This is what the video is referring to.

https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/october- ... USdIzucPLE

Doesn't seem very concrete but does look to potentially be bad.
Psalm 91:2

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

This ruling, more than anything, points out how useless the SBR and suppressor portions of the NFA are. If one is or aspires to be a criminal, then he or she can make an SBR in 30 minutes (or an SBS in maybe 5). If one doesn't have the parts, it's a max of a 1 week wait to get them. The ease of that process in no way affects the extreme legal penalties for virtually all of the crimes that one can commit using an SBR or suppressor.

As far as pistol braces used to skirt the intent of the rule, this ruling was ALWAYS going to come. The percentage of disabled veterans using braces is miniscule in comparison to the number of able-bodied people who simply don't want to pay $200 for a stamp. That doesn't make the NFA a good law, but obvious and popular loopholes are destined to be closed. I think that there's a decent argument that civilian ownership of machine guns and explosive or >.510 caliber weapons should be regulated, but maybe the end of the "pistol-brace" era will get the 2A community behind ending the dumb/unenforceable provisions of the NFA.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Not agreeing with the ATF on much of anything I propose the following:

IF the ATF decides to regulate a previously unregulated item they should allow all said items to be grandfathered in and get the tax stamp for free.

After all, if "they" want to allow individuals in the country illegally to become citizens without going through the process then I don't see why law-abiding citizens can't get grandfathered in.

I know, I know...I'll wake up from my dream now.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bagman45 »

Well, guess what folks; this is just the ATF leftists who populate MOST of the ATF AND ALL DC agencies posturing for their jobs and glory once the "Biden administration" comes into power. If you think this is a thing; YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET from these people. If they get complete control of the government; which is tipping on a pin head as I watch the "election" returns just now, you won't need worry about this; they're coming for EVERYTHING, and WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT..... Plan accordingly.....

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

bagman45 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:41 am Well, guess what folks; this is just the ATF leftists who populate MOST of the ATF AND ALL DC agencies posturing for their jobs and glory once the "Biden administration" comes into power. If you think this is a thing; YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET from these people. If they get complete control of the government; which is tipping on a pin head as I watch the "election" returns just now, you won't need worry about this; they're coming for EVERYTHING, and WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT..... Plan accordingly.....
I’m going to take a step out on a limb and say we are safe for four more years. Or at least as safe as we’ve been the last four years. Even if Arizona and Wisconsin are a lost cause, Penn is almost guaranteed, Michigan is looking better and better, and if Georgia stays on track it’s over.

Edit: uh oh..

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

jb2012 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:55 am Edit: uh oh..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its sad, but yea.

Important to note:
Mi and Wa Vote Changes
Mi and Wa Vote Changes
Mi Vote Bump
Mi Vote Bump

jason812

Post by jason812 »

bagman45 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:41 am Well, guess what folks; this is just the ATF leftists who populate MOST of the ATF AND ALL DC agencies posturing for their jobs and glory once the "Biden administration" comes into power. If you think this is a thing; YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET from these people. If they get complete control of the government; which is tipping on a pin head as I watch the "election" returns just now, you won't need worry about this; they're coming for EVERYTHING, and WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT..... Plan accordingly.....
Look at the results from DC. 93% for Biden. That is your un-elected bureaucrats in the federal agencies making laws that when you violate, your house will get raided like you were Bin Laden.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

jason812 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:42 pm Look at the results from DC. 93% for Biden. That is your un-elected bureaucrats in the federal agencies making laws that when you violate, your house will get raided like you were Bin Laden.
And if Biden takes the oath of office, be assured that the Democraps will do everything they can to make D.C. and Puerto Rico the 51st and 52nd states. New House and Senate seats, new anti-2A laws. But Creepy Joe's administration will start messing with the Second Amendment right away. "On April 22, 2019 Harris stated that, if elected President, she would give lawmakers in Congress 100 days to pass 'reasonable gun safety laws,' during a CNN Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNzur_RQe4k). 'If they fail to do it,' Harris continued, 'then I will take executive action.'" (Source, Reuters.)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bagman45 »

Hate to say I told ya so, but I told ya so. They have now put their election fraud to work on the Senate races and will win those "runoffs" with a landslide of fake ballots. Once they get complete control, they won't F around this time. They will immediately move to revoke the Constitution indirectly by killing the senate filibuster, packing the supreme court, adding states, and getting rid of the electoral college. It will be the END of our Republic. There is NO DOUBT that they will do this, as they've already started building lists of people that they will go after. If they find that YOU voted against them, well, get ready to head for a "re-education" camp. It's up to all of us now to decide what we personally choose to do when they expand the NFA to ALL weapons, aside from maybe, muskets and slingshots, and send the troops to take whatever you have.....

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”