No gun signs and my place of worship

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
EP45
Posts in topic: 1

No gun signs and my place of worship

Post by EP45 »

Attached pictures of my churches no gun signs. I have been fighting for over 3 years to try and get these down. This is generally a place that is conservative. They have a security team led by previous Sergeant Major who sees to be the leading force in the no gun sign push. We even have occasional law enforcement at meetings. I have been unsuccessful in getting a change (actually worsened w/ addition on 30.05 signs). You will notice the 1 concession I got w/ the little sign mentioning armed security on 1 of the 3 groups.

I have constantly pushed and may be making some headway. My position on no gun signs: 1. Stupid, 2. Dangerous, 3. UnAmerican and UnTexan, 4. Immoral, and 5. Anti-constitutional (not unconstitional but going against the ideas of the Constitution).

Would love any ideas either way to support or refute my arguments. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Nogun3.jpg
Nogun2.jpg
Nogun1.jpg

G.A. Heath

Re: No gun signs and my place of worship

Post by G.A. Heath »

Maybe you are going about it the wrong way. Use the scripture to make your point. There is plenty of discussion on this forum to point you in the right direction.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

extremist

Post by extremist »

Find another church. ;-)
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I’d be outta there. Heck, my Pastor and I took our LTC class together.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Luke 22:36

30.05, 30.06, 30.07 we're NOT the signs Isaiah 7:11 was referring to. ;-)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

extremist wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 pm Find another church. ;-)
:iagree:

I pastor in Irving so just load up and come on over. Until I got to the point that my health wouldn’t allow me to baptize and my assistant took over I pocked carried under the waders.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Sounds to me like time to shake the dust from that place off your shoes and find a church with more sane leadership.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

extremist wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 pm Find another church. ;-)
:iagree: I understand it’s difficult to leave your church over differences in beliefs. Speaking as someone who has had to do it more than once.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Praying for You and Your churches situation. You’re more than welcome to come to my church. You will not have those issues there.

Don T

Post by Don T »

Here are a couple of links which may be helpful resources in developing some scriptural arguments against the signs and the underlying policies:

https://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/

http://westgreenway.dreamhosters.com/Se ... efense.pdf

cherokeepilot

Post by cherokeepilot »

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”
— Luke 22:36, NIV

gun control disputes are not about controlling guns but controlling your right to defend yourself which is not listed in the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights......good luck with that.....73s
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

EP45 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:55 pm Attached pictures of my churches no gun signs. I have been fighting for over 3 years to try and get these down. This is generally a place that is conservative. They have a security team led by previous Sergeant Major who sees to be the leading force in the no gun sign push. We even have occasional law enforcement at meetings. I have been unsuccessful in getting a change (actually worsened w/ addition on 30.05 signs). You will notice the 1 concession I got w/ the little sign mentioning armed security on 1 of the 3 groups.

I have constantly pushed and may be making some headway. My position on no gun signs: 1. Stupid, 2. Dangerous, 3. UnAmerican and UnTexan, 4. Immoral, and 5. Anti-constitutional (not unconstitional but going against the ideas of the Constitution).

Would love any ideas either way to support or refute my arguments. Thanks in advance.
find another house of worship or have a strong one on one with the pastor, with facts.

not to KNOCK former army guys.

but we had one here that thought he was going to save our community/association with similar no firearm stances etc...he was our park manager and went full turkey on signs and trying to stop legal carry on all all community owned property

he said he worked in army intelligence and he knew best for our safety.
took about 4 months to find out he did work in intelligence as an ADMIN person (O.B.) that did reports and typed paperwork for the brass. he had zero intel or law military law enforcement experience , then it was easy to get him knocked down a few pegs and eventually he got fired.

soooo maybe a dig into old boys past and use it against him, if he feels legal carry is an issue and prefers sheep in the room vice protectors
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Some folks act surprised by ex military or police who are anti gun. Those are the very folks who think they are specially qualified to own a weapon and everyone else is a chub.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm Some folks act surprised by ex military or police who are anti gun. Those are the very folks who think they are specially qualified to own a weapon and everyone else is a chub.
Steve Rothstein

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm Some folks act surprised by ex military or police who are anti gun. Those are the very folks who think they are specially qualified to own a weapon and everyone else is a chub.

Return to “Off-Topic”