NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by Greybeard »

CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by philip964 »

You point a gun at a friend, you say this isn’t loaded and pull the trigger. You kill your friend.

The punishment is only 18 months?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ch ... -rcna80722

Charges dismissed against Alex Baldwin.

Being a Dem in NM does have its perks.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by powerboatr »

wait.....let me be surprised :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:23 pm wait.....let me be surprised :biggrinjester:

Yes, here is your surprise, charges dropped because the gun did it. Evidence that gun fired without trigger being pulled. I guess this was Baldwins testimony was the evidence.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:27 pm
powerboatr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:23 pm wait.....let me be surprised :biggrinjester:

Yes, here is your surprise, charges dropped because the gun did it. Evidence that gun fired without trigger being pulled. I guess this was Baldwins testimony was the evidence.
if thats the case. then every person convicted of killing a person with a gun..can now blame the gun :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :anamatedbanana

its just another "special treatment" of holly wooddddy
hopefully the deceased family sues the crap out of the baldwin production company that was making the movie
armorer should be in hot water as well for allowing live ammo on a movie set
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am not the least bit surprised. Two tiered justice system at work again.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

Trigger (no pun intended) warning! Unpopular opinion follows.

As much as I despise Alec Baldwin as a person, the decision to drop the charges is the correct one.

Besides, the statement from prosecutors below indicates this may not be over yet.
“We cannot proceed under the current time constraints and on the facts and evidence turned over by law enforcement in its existing form,” they said. “We therefore will be dismissing the involuntary manslaughter charges against Mr. Baldwin to conduct further investigation. This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges may be refiled.”
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... ec-baldwin

Rafe
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am
“We cannot proceed under the current time constraints and on the facts and evidence turned over by law enforcement in its existing form,” they said. “We therefore will be dismissing the involuntary manslaughter charges against Mr. Baldwin to conduct further investigation. This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges may be refiled.”
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... ec-baldwin
I can understand it, too. It isn't an absolution, and the charge of involuntary manslaughter may have been a hill just a bit too steep to climb. But I sincerely hope the DA does pick it back up and go for a lesser charge. The way I understand previous explanations, under New Mexico law involuntary manslaughter involves causing death through negligence, but it can't be simple negligence; it has to be criminal negligence which New Mexico defines as "willful disregard of the rights or safety of others." It also requires that the accused must possess subjective knowledge "of the danger or risk to others posed by his or her actions."

While I can't say I realistically expect new charges to happen, it will irk me forever if this reckless, ignorant snowflake isn't convicted of something.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

srothstein
Posts in topic: 6

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:37 pmif thats the case. then every person convicted of killing a person with a gun..can now blame the gun :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :anamatedbanana
I guess you haven't seen this trial then, right?

Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 pm
powerboatr wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:37 pmif thats the case. then every person convicted of killing a person with a gun..can now blame the gun :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :anamatedbanana

:cheers2: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :cheers2:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

Alec Baldwin has no doubt completed his safety training before restarting the production of "Rust."

The proof is in the picture of him handing a shotgun to another cast member in this article.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Maybe he will write a book like OJ did. “How to kill someone and get away with it.” or “If I wanted to get rid of a director …”
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
srothstein wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 pm

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
right on

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2023/04/22/alec-bald ... -rust-set/

Update on Alec gun rule work since he killed someone with a gun.

Ok. No finger on trigger, check.

A gun is always loaded, probably a fail here.

Don’t point gun at any thing you don’t want to destroy, not sure.

Know your target and what is beyond, fail.

Return to “Never Again!!”