More Shoddy Reporting "man carries cased gun into hotel"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More Shoddy Reporting "man carries cased gun into hotel"

Post by Excaliber »

John wrote:Apparently he was in route for a hunting trip. See a local TV station story at http://www.9news.com/news/local/article ... &catid=346
To further muddy the waters, the news article cited by John states:
Calanchini, who sells drilling tools across Colorado and Wyoming, says he is a frequent guest at the Grand Hyatt.

But the Grand Hyatt General Manager says he was not a registered guest at the hotel.

"We don't know why he was walking through our hotel," said General Manager Ed Bucholtz.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
John
Posts in topic: 5

Post by John »

Excaliber wrote:
John wrote:Apparently he was in route for a hunting trip. See a local TV station story at http://www.9news.com/news/local/article ... &catid=346
Calanchini, who sells drilling tools across Colorado and Wyoming, says he is a frequent guest at the Grand Hyatt.

But the Grand Hyatt General Manager says he was not a registered guest at the hotel.

"We don't know why he was walking through our hotel," said General Manager Ed Bucholtz.
Obviously the manager is practicing to be a democrat. My note above was incorrect, he was not on his way to go hunting, he had scopes or mounts installed on his rifle at a local store and had apparently just picked them up and was checking into the hotel. The manager is probably right, he didn't complete his check in, so he wasn't registered at the hotel.
JohnC

hankintexas

Post by hankintexas »

SCone wrote:I can understand the rifles, but two pistols? Will South Africa let you bring in pistols? Have a problem with the arrest for carrying the rifles, but the pistols have me concerned.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I ALWAYS take a handgun with me when I am hunting. Sounds to me like he was transporting (2) sets of firearms. I do that sometimes. Sometimes I take my son's as well as mine.
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

sounds to me the dems just need to get a grip

people have guns get over it
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

When I first went to work for TSA, in 2002, we had several instances of passengers checking in who observed that the passenger in front of them in line had a gun in a case, and these worthies then tried to report that there was someone, obviously a terrorist, trying to check a gun in a bag.

One such person, unsatisfied with the official response from the TSA person running the checkin line (me), that it was perfectly legal for someone to have a gun in their checked bag as long as they met certain parameters, went hurrying off to find an airport police officer, who told them it was a Federal matter and he didn't have anything to do with it.

We had a good laugh about that one over coffee later.

I wonder if this "incident" is the same sort of thing and we'll never hear the true resolution because the media will not want to report it.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

jimlongley wrote:I wonder if this "incident" is the same sort of thing and we'll never hear the true resolution because the media will not want to report it.
Not unless it manages to end in his conviction on whatever charges they can bring relating to his firearms. Otherwise, yes, we'll never hear about it.
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

Bart

Post by Bart »

Excaliber wrote:

The same news article also says:
The clerk checking him in noticed the rifle case and called security.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

lunchbox wrote:sounds to me the dems just need to get a grip

people have guns get over it
Yes...but Joe Biden thinks that we are not mentally qualified to keep them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aIb-IplqY
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
John
Posts in topic: 5

Post by John »

longhorn_92 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aIb-IplqY

Well, i'd say that video needs to be posted and reposted everywhere.
JohnC

Carry Big Stick

Post by Carry Big Stick »

John wrote:
longhorn_92 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aIb-IplqY

Well, i'd say that video needs to be posted and reposted everywhere.

I vote that we let Russia have Biden. Maybe he would come back with an appreciation on being able to defend yourself. It's easy for all these big shots to say I don't need a gun to protect me. Yea, cause you have guys that have their guns that protect you. Some of us little guys can't afford to have our own squads follow us. Taking away all of our guns would be like pulling a stitching out of a shirt, pretty soon it will all unravel and America will cease. Just seems UnAmerican to piss on the Constitution.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Return to “Off-Topic”