Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Commander
Posts in topic: 6

Rockwall City Hall

Post by Commander »

Just the opposite of the Rockwall County Government Center is the Rockwall City Hall. No signs are posted at all; not even at the entrance to Council Chambers.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Arock
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Rockwall City Hall

Post by Arock »

S&W6946 wrote:Just the opposite of the Rockwall County Government Center is the Rockwall City Hall. No signs are posted at all; not even at the entrance to Council Chambers.
S&W you are correct. However in the Rockwall County Government Building, County Judge Bill Bell and County Court At Law Judge David Rakow are both vehemently opposed to civilians having the right to concealed carry as is local District Attorney Ray Sumrow who is so paranoid he won't even allow his photograph be posted on the official Rockwall County website.

I also noticed the signs posted at the Government Center are NOT correct 30.06 signage. I am, however, not about to tell them. The uniformed officer at the door that forces everyone entering the building go through a metal detector is of the absolute belief that NOONE except LEO's can enter the building with a firearm and he is obstinate in his error.

I am waiting for someone to "violate" the unlawful ban. I have talked with several local defense attorneys about the issue and they are in agreement it will make one of them a good case. I will not be the defendant however. :o
We remember the Alamo because against long odds we were forced give up one building.
Mexico remembers Texas.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by KBCraig »

Arock wrote:S&W you are correct. However in the Rockwall County Government Building, County Judge Bill Bell and County Court At Law Judge David Rakow are both vehemently opposed to civilians having the right to concealed carry as is local District Attorney Ray Sumrow who is so paranoid he won't even allow his photograph be posted on the official Rockwall County website.

I also noticed the signs posted at the Government Center are NOT correct 30.06 signage. I am, however, not about to tell them. The uniformed officer at the door that forces everyone entering the building go through a metal detector is of the absolute belief that NOONE except LEO's can enter the building with a firearm and he is obstinate in his error.

I am waiting for someone to "violate" the unlawful ban. I have talked with several local defense attorneys about the issue and they are in agreement it will make one of them a good case. I will not be the defendant however. :o
Hmmmm.... :twisted:

I believe Congressman Ralph Hall, Texas-4th (R-Rockwall), might be interested in this. Even though this is a state and local matter and he's a U.S. Congressman, he's a hard-core supporter of free men bearing arms. I'm working with him on some workplace issues, so I don't want to use up all my political capital, especially for an issue 170 miles away.

But for those of you in the area, you might drop him a line.

Kevin

Arock

Post by Arock »

KBCraig wrote:I believe Congressman Ralph Hall, Texas-4th (R-Rockwall), might be interested in this. Even though this is a state and local matter and he's a U.S. Congressman, he's a hard-core supporter of free men bearing arms. I'm working with him on some workplace issues, so I don't want to use up all my political capital, especially for an issue 170 miles away.

But for those of you in the area, you might drop him a line.

Kevin
I've known Congressman Hall since I was a child. His wife Mary Ellen was my Cub Scout den mother and I worked for Ralph in the Texas Senate in 1970.

That said, Ralph is too busy to bother with local issues like this and his second son Brett is 382nd District Judge in the same Government Building. I would ask Judge Hall about this but don't want to get him recused if he has to hear the case.
We remember the Alamo because against long odds we were forced give up one building.
Mexico remembers Texas.

switch
Posts in topic: 2

Fort Worth municipal offices

Post by switch »

FW does not have a 30.06 sign but they do have a metal detector manned by a LEO. He explained it was because there is a tunnel under the street to the court building. However, if you have a CHL, you sign in and go about your business.

I do not like to call the 30.06 signs on municipal buildings 'illegal', I prefer to call them unenforceable.

Commander

Ft Worth

Post by Commander »

What's the reason given why a CHL holder has to sign in?

Commander

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Fort Worth municipal offices

Post by KBCraig »

switch wrote:I do not like to call the 30.06 signs on municipal buildings 'illegal', I prefer to call them unenforceable.
That is more accurate, but I'd prefer it if they were illegal.

Kevin

barres
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Fort Worth municipal offices

Post by barres »

KBCraig wrote:
switch wrote:I do not like to call the 30.06 signs on municipal buildings 'illegal', I prefer to call them unenforceable.
That is more accurate, but I'd prefer it if they were illegal.

Kevin
I'll second the motion. Does that mean we get to vote, now?

switch
Posts in topic: 2

sign in?

Post by switch »

I do not know.

It was the same at the fair, someone had to come out, look at/write down your CHL/drivers license before they would let you in.

Funny thing, I could not bring in my knife but was allowed to carry 3 guns. ;-)

John
Posts in topic: 3

Post by John »

I had reason to go to the Sugar Land City Hall today and noticed a fully compliant 30.06 sign at the entrance. When I looked closer, it was actually etched in the in the glass. The etching is low and too the right of the glass entry, but plainly visible.
JohnC

remington79
Posts in topic: 1

Liberty Hall

Post by remington79 »

Liberty Hall is a reception hall in Nacogdoches owned by the city. On its doors is the 30.05 sign. I know this post is for 30.06 but as it may be improperly posted I thought I should post it.

Arock

Post by Arock »

UPDATE on the Rockwall County Government Center. I was there this morning for Jury Duty (spent a half-hour standing in the parking lot when someone called-in a bomb scare) and the OFFENDING SIGNS ARE GONE! One more small victory for Truth, Justice and the American way. ;-) Thought you'd like to know. :smile:
Mexico remembers Texas.

Commander

Rockwall County Government Center

Post by Commander »

Arock,
What about the metal detectors just inside the front door? Do you have to "declare" at that point? or how is a CHL holder handled there?

Also I was recently at the Historical Courthouse on the square, and saw no signage related to handguns.

Commander

Arock

Re: Rockwall County Government Center

Post by Arock »

S&W6946 wrote:Arock,
What about the metal detectors just inside the front door? Do you have to "declare" at that point? or how is a CHL holder handled there?

Also I was recently at the Historical Courthouse on the square, and saw no signage related to handguns.
Metal detector and multiple armed guards at the front door screening all but elected officials, known county employees and LEO. Do not know but ASSUME CHL's would have to declare at that point. Did NOT feel like testing the waters during a bomb scare. :twisted:

The metal detectors downstairs and at the courtroom entrance were emplaced by uber-liberal prior District Judge Sue Pirtle who was afraid of her own shadow.

Will make discrete enquiries about CHL's and report. :cool:
Mexico remembers Texas.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

Are we required to abide by the 30.05 sign?
I don't remember hearing about a 30.05 sign, just the 30.06.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”