TWC Debit Card

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cling
Posts in topic: 2

TWC Debit Card

Post by cling »

I filed my unemployment claim this month. How long does it take for the debit card to arrive? I saw on the FAQ that TWC holds back the first payments until they investigate with my last employer but it doesn't say when I should expect the card to arrive. I hope it takes less time than my CHL card. :shock:

Moderators please move if this is the wrong place.
Better. Not Bitter.

The Annoyed Man

Re: TWC Debit Card

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It seemed like mine took longer than it should have. By the time it arrived, I had already found a new job.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jason73
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jason73 »

My wife received hers about a week after her claim was approved. This was in November of last year.

Wrightwing

Post by Wrightwing »

I filed my claim on Jan 2. It took 52 days to get first payment from TWC, 73 days to get another job.
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

jdh2580

Post by jdh2580 »

Mine took about 4 weeks to come in. This was in January 2008. Luckily I did not have to use it very long. Had 3 of the 4 weeks of payments on it waiting for me when I received it.

Good luck in your job search!

neilp

Post by neilp »

They are pretty efficient thank goodness. Mine arrived in about a week.

I've never claimed before. But I can't find anything in my line at all at the moment. Anyone in Austin need a software sales guy or software sales engineer with 20 years experience?

I thought with all the contacts I have accumulated over the years that I'd find something in a month or two. No such luck. 6 months now and getting worried.....
05/14/2009 - Paperwork Delivered
06/17/2009 - PIN Received
09/25/2009 - Application Approved
09/26/2009 - License received

apostate

Post by apostate »

The Annoyed Man wrote:It seemed like mine took longer than it should have. By the time it arrived, I had already found a new job.
That could be good or bad depending on whether we're talking three weeks or three months. ;-)

I had another interview this afternoon, which is encouraging when considering my niche skillset. Best of luck to fellow job hunters.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

apostate wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:It seemed like mine took longer than it should have. By the time it arrived, I had already found a new job.
That could be good or bad depending on whether we're talking three weeks or three months. ;-)

I had another interview this afternoon, which is encouraging when considering my niche skillset. Best of luck to fellow job hunters.
It was several weeks; I don't remember exactly how many. That was over a year ago. Soon after that I started my own business. I only ever got sent one card.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Actually only took about a week and a half, if I recall correctly...

Not sure why it takes so long for some and not very long for others...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
cling

Post by cling »

It turns out mine took over two weeks to arrive in the mail but it was less than a month so much quicker than my CHL. I'm still unemployed but things are looking better this month. When I get a job, do I have to fill out any forms to notify TWC or is it enough if I stop filing for benefits?
Better. Not Bitter.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Just stop filing.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

MoJo wrote:Just stop filing.
:iagree:

Yep...Whats funny is that no one at TWC really cares...They probably think you died or something...If they even noticed that you stopped filing... :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

donaldjustine13

Post by donaldjustine13 »

It is usually 4 weeks or a month before you receive it. Sometimes there is some application that had been pending for few weeks because of verification. They are just doping this for some security reasons.

jester

Post by jester »

donaldjustine13 wrote:It is usually 4 weeks or a month before you receive it. Sometimes there is some application that had been pending for few weeks because of verification. They are just doping this for some security reasons.
I hope Cling got the money by now!
"There is but one correct answer...and it is best delivered with a Winchester rifle."

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

As of my most recent submission on my claim, they were beginning the process of incorporating direct deposit into your own account. Fortunately I found work, and got off unemployment just as they were allowing my range of SSN to proceed with direct deposit. The debit card was a pain to use.

Return to “Job Board”