Fort Worth Ladies' Shooting program?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
TexasGal
Posts in topic: 5

Fort Worth Ladies' Shooting program?

Post by TexasGal »

Hi all,
Is there a ladies' only group shooting in Forth Worth or nearby like they have at the Dallas Pistol Club where newbies can learn in a girl's only setting without paying large sums of cash? DPA is in Carrollton...not a favorite drive from south of Forth Worth.
Just wondering
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fort Worth Ladies' Shooting program?

Post by CompVest »

If you are unable to find one. Let me know and I will be happy to help you get one started.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Wow, thanks!
I am going to do some more checking, but if I don't find one, I will take you up on that offer. I would think there are lots of women in the Fort Worth/Arlington area who would like to be able to do this to learn in an economical (not counting ammo) ladies-oriented group.
NRA Life Member

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CompVest »

Keep me informed. While you are looking around keep an eye out for possible instructors. I think it is best if you have women instructors. We understand our issues and way of learning better than most guys and we can have more fun with less embarrassment. A good place to start is looking for women NRA pistol instructors. (The NRA class is great and you will want to use it a springboard for a 3 hour +/- shooting class with minimal classroom time.) The NRA instructor may be interested in running a monthly class for women.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I am not aware of any ladies shooters groups in Fort Worth and I have lived here since 2000. However, the program at DPC in Carrollton is fantastic and I know the instructors. Emily, Rhonda, Carina, and Laura are great. It would be worth the trip.

Good luck! :tiphat:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I know it is only a matter of time before I get pulled into this, so I'm just gonna go ahead and jump in. While I love you all and would love to do this, I don't have the time to add anything else right now. I do actually work at a fulltime job in addition to teaching CHL and NRA classes, and my Basic Pistol classes are completely booked until December.

Now, if anyone wants to donate to the "Crossfire Range Fund" so we can build a range and I can retire from my other job, then we can talk! ;-)

But, in the meantime, try contacting the Cowtown Divas. They always have something going on, and while you might not be interested in EVERYTHING they do, they have done basic pistol programs too. Contact Rhonda Berg here: http://txdiva.com/pages/Contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The fall shooting clinic is right around the corner. They will be doing it al Elm Fork. Sorry, I know it is still Dallas, but maybe if you join, you can talk them into doing it at Alpine next time.

BTW, not kidding about the range. We are seriously looking for land in the Alliance area to build a range and class program on. If anyone knows about a possible (and affordable) 20 acres or so, let us know!!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

HighVelocity wrote:I am not aware of any ladies shooters groups in Fort Worth and I have lived here since 2000. However, the program at DPC in Carrollton is fantastic and I know the instructors. Emily, Rhonda, Carina, and Laura are great. It would be worth the trip.

Good luck! :tiphat:
Thanks for the info. I saw the website information and was thinking I would round up my friend to go to the next meeting. After all, driving that far isn't all that bad if it is worth it :thumbs2:
NRA Life Member

Topic author
TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Crossfire wrote:.....But, in the meantime, try contacting the Cowtown Divas. They always have something going on, and while you might not be interested in EVERYTHING they do, they have done basic pistol programs too. Contact Rhonda Berg here: http://txdiva.com/pages/Contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The fall shooting clinic is right around the corner. They will be doing it al Elm Fork. Sorry, I know it is still Dallas, but maybe if you join, you can talk them into doing it at Alpine next time.

BTW, not kidding about the range. We are seriously looking for land in the Alliance area to build a range and class program on. If anyone knows about a possible (and affordable) 20 acres or so, let us know!!
Thanks for the info on the Divas. I will look into that. I hope you find the right place for a range--that would be great!
NRA Life Member

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

If you ladies don't mind driving to Corsicana,we might can arrange for some remedial,or basic training.I am a Tx.CHL Instuctor,NRA certified pistol instuctor and have been training ladies since late 60s, at Lackland AFB.Classes would have to be limited to no more than four ladies, and week days only.I have access to two ranges.

Topic author
TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Hi Rusty
Hey my friend lives down there at Corsicana. What would you charge for just the she and I to get some newbie training from you? You can PM me on it if you'd rather.
NRA Life Member

Return to “Ladies”