Where do you Ladies carry?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

USA1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Where do you Ladies carry?

Post by USA1 »

I just wanted to share an observation I made the other day.

I saw a lady walking through a Target parking lot with her keys in one hand and her other hand tucked inside her purse which was carried cross body style. I can't be 100% positive but it looked like she had her hand on a gun inside her purse.

It looked like she was on high alert. :thumbs2:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

USA1 wrote:I just wanted to share an observation I made the other day.

I saw a lady walking through a Target parking lot with her keys in one hand and her other hand tucked inside her purse which was carried cross body style. I can't be 100% positive but it looked like she had her hand on a gun inside her purse.

You must have been creeping her out :smilelol5:
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

[hijack]
marksiwel wrote:Sometimes I wish we men could carry purses. 5.11 Tactical Purse, you know they have the Specs for it
They do, only they are available now from Maxpedition. It's called a Versipak Fatboy. I have one, and they work great.
[/hijack]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

USA1

Post by USA1 »

marksiwel wrote:

:lol: Probably.

"Creepy old guy" :mrgreen:

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

BTW, the REAL answer to the question "Where do you ladies carry?" is "EVERYWHERE legally permissible"
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mikeintexas »

USA1 wrote:
marksiwel wrote:

:lol: Probably.

"Creepy old guy" :mrgreen:
I'm thinking Arte Johnson and Ruth Buzzi!

Seriously, my wife does the purse carry thing!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I was waiting for that right answer but did not dare be the one to post it.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TLynnHughes »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Um...er...which Target exactly?

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

USA1

Post by USA1 »

TLynnHughes wrote:

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Um...er...which Target exactly?

T.
Why, could it have been you ? :lol:

It was the Target up here in Tomball.

KFP

Post by KFP »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Crossfire wrote:Compvest - you may have talked some of the MEN into carrying a purse!

BTW, to answer the question - how and what I carry depends on the situation. Unlike you guys, who dress pretty much the same way every day, us ladies have to be more flexible. Depending on the situation, I carry a S&W 642 in my purse, a Glock 26 in my laptop bag (which also has a holster pocket) a Bersa Thunder in a strongside CTAC holster, a Glock 19 SOB, or the Glock 26 in a bellyband.
Crossfire, you haven't see me yet stylin' around with my Versipak Fatboy-S*! :mrgreen:

*that's man-talk for "purse."
My wife incorrectly calls mine a purse, I have to remind her each time that it is a Jack Bauer bag.
Life Member NRA & TSRA

DalhartCHL

Post by DalhartCHL »

They make some sweet ankle holsters if you feel like that is an option. I carry at the belt inside my pant and at the ankle. I'm just not very dedicated to carrying a purse or otherwise I might carry there. In my opinion I feel like it would be easier for a purse snatcher to be armed in a bad situation. ;-)

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Normally, I carry IWB. However, I've been carrying in one of the compartments of my diaper bag since I'm still breastfeeding my daughter and it's hard to hide a gun when my shirt goes up on my dominant side.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

When I am not "Dressed" up, meaning jeans and top I carry IWB. When I do Dress up I have several different pouches I put on my belt. I also have smart carry, belly band etc. Guess everyone does the "best holster/carry method for me" thing when they first start to carry on a daily basis. I won't carry in a purse, cause I have been the victim of a purse snatcher. The guy was caught and I got my purse back but there were some things missing just in the short time he had my purse. Which was about 15 mins. So no purse carry for me. I really prefer IWB with the Ruger LCP. I also pocket carry a Kel-Tec P32. The Bersa Thunder .380 goes in a fanny pack. She will most likely experiment with several different modes of carry til she settles on the one that suits her best.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

Tass

Post by Tass »

I purse carry frequently. Like Compvest, I have a dedicated pocket that is easily accessible. My SIL makes fun of me when we are shopping because she is looking at what is trendy or cute-I look to see if it is carry-ready.

My opinion, any woman who is serious about her own personal safety and takes steps to make herself an un-appealing target to bad-guys/thieves should not worry about purse carry. It's all about situational awareness. (USA, was the purse red?)

That said there are 2 individuals I know personally who should not have CHL's period. Both are quite 'dizzy' and prone to distraction. In fact both have had purses stolen out of vehicles in areas known for break ins ('but I hid it under the seat....') and both were surprised that someone would do this.

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

CompVest
Posts in topic: 7

Post by CompVest »

A person has got to admit that bad things happen and then admit that bad things could happen to them before they will consider personal defense as a priority.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Return to “Ladies”