Trying something out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

handog
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Trying something out

Post by handog »

Mostly senior members here I notice. This sort of thread along with a few dozen :iagree: should get me promoted. :evil2:

USA1
Posts in topic: 94

Post by USA1 »

timdsmith72 wrote:
USA1 wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
USA1 wrote:The moderators will love this one. :lol:
I don't *think* it violates any forum rules. I would let my hypothetical 10 yr old daughter read this thread.
Not so much any rule violation, but this thread should keepem on their toes.

*Keith B saying to himself*...."OK, lets see what these knuckle heads are up to today". :mrgreen:
Hey!! Who you calling knuckle heads??! :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
All of us. :mrgreen:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seniorshooteress »

handog wrote:Mostly senior members here I notice. This sort of thread along with a few dozen :iagree: should get me promoted. :evil2:
I want to be promoted too! "rlol"
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fickman »

I'm here for a good steak marinade recipe. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while. . .
Native Texian

dicion

Post by dicion »

fickman wrote:I'm here for a good steak marinade recipe. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while. . .
You mean.... marinading for a while! "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

If you want my no-salt, fire-hot breakfast burrito recipe just say so.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 54

Post by gigag04 »

There is another forum I frequent where they have one thread that is started everymonth that is completely topic free. More like people to post in to say they are on the site....any excuse to post anything...kind of like looking for a marinade.

They call it the brew on the that site, and it is started by a MOD at midnight - ish on the first day of the month and it runs throughout the month. This is what this thread has reminded me of.

Thoughts?

Oh...and I come home from shift to see four pages?!?!? You guys make me proud :clapping:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

OldSchool
Posts in topic: 43

Post by OldSchool »

Hey, does that mean we can say nothing in more posts than anyone else??? And on more controversial topics, too!!!! :txflag: :cheers2:
:thewave

(Yes, that was intended as extreme kidding, folks, not sarcasm, in case you wondered.) :evil2:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

ScottDLS wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
austinrealtor wrote:By the way, did anyone notice that we've now officially made it a SECOND PAGE of this thread? Gotta be beyond ANYONE's wildest imagination.
Personally, I think it just proves this thread fits the folks on this forum to a "T"! :evil2:
If I carry in a Post Office with my CHL it's OK because it's incident to "other lawful purposes". :rules:

Is a zoo a school?
I think the question is, Is a school a zoo?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

JJVP
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JJVP »

Tass wrote:
Which tomato type is better for self-defense? The larger diameter but slower Beefsteak or the smaller but higher velocity Plum tomato? We will of course ignore frivolous calibers like the Cherry tomato as being totally inadequate for self-defense...
Canned!

Tass
No, FMJ tomatos (canned) over penetrate. OK for target practice, but not for self defense. :lol:
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Tregs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tregs »

SQLGeek wrote:Oh goody...another thread where I can type the word überantidisestablishmentarianism. Oh wait, slipped the "über" in this time. :lol:

Gig, what did you do in your former IT life?

mctow, what's a Morman? Masculine form of Mormon? Do they sneak up like ninjas in parking lots at night? :cool:
uberantidisestablishmentariansm. That's a really big word. Are you sure you're not a lawyer?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

gigag04 wrote:So I had this thought that any post, regardless of how stupid it is, has the potential to yield multiple replies and to spawn all sorts of side discussions.

This is my way of testing that thought.
I'm not falling for that one and refuse to participate. BTW nice avatar, but what happened to the Blazer?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

A-R
Posts in topic: 30

Post by A-R »

JJVP wrote:
Tass wrote:
Which tomato type is better for self-defense? The larger diameter but slower Beefsteak or the smaller but higher velocity Plum tomato? We will of course ignore frivolous calibers like the Cherry tomato as being totally inadequate for self-defense...
Canned!

Tass
No, FMJ tomatos (canned) over penetrate. OK for target practice, but not for self defense. :lol:
A mini bushel of the little grape tomatoes in the plastic breathable packaging expands well when it hits the target. Sort of like Glaser safety slugs.

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 54

Post by gigag04 »

austinrealtor wrote:
JJVP wrote:
Tass wrote:
Canned!

Tass
A mini bushel of the little grape tomatoes in the plastic breathable packaging expands well when it hits the target. Sort of like Glaser safety slugs.
Yeah - the local tomato grower threw these at me for no reason - i Had a few beers - and he just threw them at me. I think I should sue.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

OldSchool
Posts in topic: 43

Post by OldSchool »

gigag04 wrote:Yeah - the local tomato grower threw these at me for no reason - i Had a few beers - and he just threw them at me. I think I should sue.
Just plain wrong!
1) Level of alcohol intake is not specified in the Concealed Tomato statutes. Thus, theoretically, one can be intoxicated and still carry tomatoes legally. Oh, wait, YOU were the one drunk and disorderly.
2) Concealed Tomato carriers are protected by statute from frivolous lawsuits. They cannot be sued, and any attempt becomes grounds for arrest for reckless lawsuiting. Which can be raised to Aggravated if one carries weaponized tomatoes while lawsuiting, while intoxicated.

I know all this because I read it on the Internet. :rules:

I can't help it... "rlol"
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

Return to “Off-Topic”