Would it do any good to call?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
terryg
Posts in topic: 11

Would it do any good to call?

Post by terryg »

This is an excellent forum - I have watched passively for a while now. Thank you all for your contributions.

A co-worker I applied on-line and took the class at the same time. Austin received our certificate and other documents on 5/31/10. Just this morning (7/3/10), our status changed to "Manufacturing Pending". So all and all, it has been pretty quick.

However, my family leaves for a vacation to a remote cabin in Arkansas this Saturday morning (7/10/10). I was really hoping to have the plastic for the trip. Arkansas is a reciprocal state and it would make the transportation so much easier. It looks like I might still be 2 weeks out from receiving it. I don't want to be a pester, but under the circumstances, do you think it would do any good to call them on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance,

t
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Sam
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Would it do any good to call?

Post by Sam »

I do not think it will help. Your 2 week estimate seems about right.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

It may turn out to be a moot point, if my experience is any example.

USPS showed delivery to DPS on 5/27. It took 3 weeks to show up on line.

On 6/30, my background check showed cleared and went to "Manufacturing Pending". Two days later (on 7/2), it changed to "Mailed" at 8:30 in the morning.

I had a very slight hope it would be in today's mail, but of course that didn't happen. I'll bet I have plastic on Tuesday or Wednesday. You should have yours a day or two after that.

Here's hoping!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Quahog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Quahog »

It won't hurt to call them but expect a canned response. At least that was my experience when I was waiting ... and waiting... and waiting... at least it seemed that way! :mrgreen:
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

Pawpaw1 wrote:It may turn out to be a moot point, if my experience is any example.

On 6/30, my background check showed cleared and went to "Manufacturing Pending". Two days later (on 7/2), it changed to "Mailed" at 8:30 in the morning.

I had a very slight hope it would be in today's mail, but of course that didn't happen. I'll bet I have plastic on Tuesday or Wednesday. You should have yours a day or two after that.

Here's hoping!
I hope your right - but that's still cutting it close. I would probably be more frustrated to learn it came in on Saturday (after we leave) than to get it two weeks later - lol.

Interesting thing is I checked the status last night - say around 5 or 6 pm - and it was still pending the background check. How can the status then change to "Manufacturing Pending" between Friday evening and Saturday morning. Nobody's working then, right? I wonder how much of the process is now automated.

t

USA1

Post by USA1 »

terryg wrote: Interesting thing is I checked the status last night - say around 5 or 6 pm - and it was still pending the background check. How can the status then change to "Manufacturing Pending" between Friday evening and Saturday morning. Nobody's working then, right? I wonder how much of the process is now automated.
From what I've seen, this is very common.
My status changed somewhere between a Friday night and a Saturday morning.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Sam
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sam »

I was on "Manufacturing Pending" for almost 10 days. After my status changed to mailed I got my license in about 3 business days.

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

terryg wrote:
Pawpaw1 wrote:It may turn out to be a moot point, if my experience is any example.

Here's hoping!
I hope your right - but that's still cutting it close. I would probably be more frustrated to learn it came in on Saturday (after we leave) than to get it two weeks later - lol.

Interesting thing is I checked the status last night - say around 5 or 6 pm - and it was still pending the background check. How can the status then change to "Manufacturing Pending" between Friday evening and Saturday morning. Nobody's working then, right? I wonder how much of the process is now automated.

t

I've been waiting and waiting on mine. Most folks around the same time frame as me have received theirs. I was wondering if mine may already be in the mail but the goofy automation is not working properly to show an accurate status. Hoping!

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

Well, seeing as how I will probably miss the delivery, can anyone tell me what the final delivery envelope says? Does it say anything about coming from the Concealed Handgun Licensing Division? My neighbor will be collecting my mail for me and in the interest of not making my new status too public, I would just assume he not learn said status while casually collecting my mail. :mrgreen:

Thanks again,

t

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

terryg wrote:Well, seeing as how I will probably miss the delivery, can anyone tell me what the final delivery envelope says? Does it say anything about coming from the Concealed Handgun Licensing Division? My neighbor will be collecting my mail for me and in the interest of not making my new status too public, I would just assume he not learn said status while casually collecting my mail. :mrgreen:

Thanks again,

t
Nope! It says it came from the "Regulatory Licensing Service". The next line says DPS, of course.

Go ahead... ask me how I know!

:woohoo
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

Pawpaw1 wrote: Go ahead... ask me how I know!
:woohoo
How????!!?? :headscratch

Congratulations!!

That's pretty cool. So it changed for you on Friday and you received today - 3 mail days later. So if my status changes between tonight and tomorrow, I still have a chance to get it by Friday.

Topic author
terryg

Post by terryg »

and if not, at least it will look like a drivers license.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

terryg wrote:Congratulations!!

That's pretty cool. So it changed for you on Friday and you received today - 3 mail days later. So if my status changes between tonight and tomorrow, I still have a chance to get it by Friday.
Thanks.

I think you have a pretty good chance of it. That's why I chose to do my little dance in your thread.

I was a bit concerned that you might feel I was rubbing your nose in it. I would never do that 'cause I wouldn't like someone doing it to me.

I'm still pulling for you!

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Pawpaw, were you in class with Tom Estep on March 13?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Teamless wrote:Pawpaw, were you in class with Tom Estep on March 13?
No. I took my class back in October and then procrastinated about the rest until late March. :banghead:

As far as I know, I've never met Tom, but his name sounds awfully familiar.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”